what makes durrrr so good

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol 11 buyin downswing obviously = tilt

variance does not exist in your world i assume.

We all wish we were as good as durrrr and achieved what he has, to have started at the bottom limits and ground it out all the way to the nosebleeds is like a 1/million occurence

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TILT

this month so far durrrr lost - 1.196.792.15 204 sessions 11927 hands

2009-01-01 to 2009-7-3
Durrrr won 303.076.37 sessions 1923 hands 149330

From 2+2
durrr is losing more then he is winning, You still think playing that way is great.

Just check his TableRatings, in NLHE, in 60k hands, he's up around 7m. That's just the hands TR has tracked. Running at like 6.5bb/100, with all hands at at least 100/200. Do you know how hard that is? Obviously not...

well the stats i just posted don't say that, plus they can not track players on FT anymore.
Who is he?

Lol, do you not understand the levels of variance in those games? PLO is swingy already, add in that at that level your ev edge is either zero or negligible... Lol, what's the point?

Of course, a relatively insiginificant downswings reflect how well a player is playing. Results orientated ftw?

Seriously, I genuinely think you're like a level or a gimmick account or something. Nobody can be quite this ridiculous

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kid i don't know where to start with u so i'm going to make it simple an quick.To start with i don't think no one his saying is unbeatable even by you if you are the chosen one to play poker an very while good be i don't know.The stats that you where talking about i don't know about anyone else but mine come from high stakes db.They where unable to track i think 6 days this due to full tilt's updates but i could be wrong.

ALL I WAS TRING TO SAY IS STOP TILTING ME IN MY LIVING ROOM AFTER A HARD DAYS WORK AN PLEASE POST SOME FACTS PLEASE. IF YOUR GOING TO DOWN PLAY HIM.NOTE I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN TO LIKE OR DISLIKE HIM BUT COME THE HELL ON KIDD I MEAN REALY

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you look at kid's other posts you will know whether or not he's joking

PS, tableratings was still tracking hands as of a week ago

*EDIT* tableratings is tracking hands as of today, August 9, 2009

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol 11 buyin downswing obviously = tilt

variance does not exist in your world i assume.

We all wish we were as good as durrrr and achieved what he has, to have started at the bottom limits and ground it out all the way to the nosebleeds is like a 1/million occurence
Yes variance does, he has yet to be hit hard, like most do.

Lol, do you not understand the levels of variance in those games? PLO is swingy already, add in that at that level your ev edge is either zero or negligible... Lol, what's the point?

Of course, a relatively insiginificant downswings reflect how well a player is playing. Results orientated ftw?

Seriously, I genuinely think you're like a level or a gimmick account or something. Nobody can be quite this ridiculous
David benyamine can beat him coz he knows how he plays.
I do not think he even has 3 MIL left...... Someone like him would spend it like crazy. Plus he also has to pay 35% of it to fed tax, plus what ever NJ has for tax, the city he lives in.
It looks to me he is not doing so great.
Why is he off playing PLO, why not NLHM.
There were great players, that went up, came down just as quick.
He was running lucky, thats it, and now it's time for him to come down off of his high.
If all date mining, has been killed on FT, how could TableRatings get his hands?, the stats on TR are way off.

Two months into his poker career he moved to the cash tables. By the time he turned 18 he had won around $15,000 and was looking for higher stakes to play in. He says he started playing $40/$80 limit and went on a good run to win about $35k. Then he lost $20k and switched to no-limit. At that time he had around $40k to his name and was playing $5/$10 NL. Then he moved up to $25/$50 losing about $10k. He proceeded to move back down until about three months later when he had more money and has been gaining ever since then. He has risen to the top in a very short amount of time but Dwan is quick to downplay his success. “I run good, what can I say?” he said jokingly.
^^^http://www.pokerbloggs.com/high-stakes-poker-biographies/tom-dwan/
Every time he starts losing he moves to a different poker game.
Thats why he is in PLO.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is he?

OK, it's official folks. This is a level.

Either that or... dear gawd, wow :eek:

FWIW, in case that really was a genuine question (and if so then like I said - wow), Barry Greenstein is one of the most respected high-stakes cash game players in the world. He's been a winning player for decades and is a regular in Bobby's Room.

My point though was that he advocates the exact same "taking a shot when you're not necessarily rolled" strategy that you're criticising Dwan for using. Chip Reese did the same thing when he started too.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're an idiot, and I'm done with this thread. It puts on epic life tilt. Apologies to JoeBob for the direction the thread went but this guy... My god... Oh and as a final aside. Watch the Aussie Millions Cash Game between PA and Dwan.

Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow you seem to do a lot of research yet still miss the point somehow. He plays plo because there is so little nlhe action in the nosebleeds and because hes a degen gambler obv

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
kid i don't know where to start with u so i'm going to make it simple an quick.To start with i don't think no one his saying is unbeatable even by you if you are the chosen one to play poker an very while good be i don't know.The stats that you where talking about i don't know about anyone else but mine come from high stakes db.They where unable to track i think 6 days this due to full tilt's updates but i could be wrong.

ALL I WAS TRING TO SAY IS STOP TILTING ME IN MY LIVING ROOM AFTER A HARD DAYS WORK AN PLEASE POST SOME FACTS PLEASE. IF YOUR GOING TO DOWN PLAY HIM.NOTE I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN TO LIKE OR DISLIKE HIM BUT COME THE HELL ON KIDD I MEAN REALY
I posted stats, that are true, real.
Don't use web sites that track.

Your Kidding aren't you Kid
Why would i be kidding, most pros i don't know about, and some you will never hear about...

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow you seem to do a lot of research yet still miss the point somehow. He plays plo because there is so little nlhe action in the nosebleeds and because hes a degen gambler obv
:smile:
At some point you would stop, with that amount of money.
There would be no need to gamble it away.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

how about because he can afford to?

also hai guyz i play a goot TAG style therefore i are better than Durrr

also Kid, HU4Rollz? im sure there is a list of people in this thread willing to play you

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
<3 this thread :D

And do what with it? He's gotta keep earning somehow to keep paying for rent, bills and baller-ass chicken dinners.

Putting the money on the stock market or something is probably even more degen than playing nosebleeds with it at the moment :p

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG how did I not think HU4rlz??????

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also Kid, HU4Rollz? im sure there is a list of people in this thread willing to play you

no way man, he doesn't know how any of us play. he has solved durrr's game, however, and would be quite +EV in playing against him

this thread owns

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no way man, he doesn't know how any of us play. he has solved durrr's game, however, and would be quite +EV in playing against him

HU4rlz really oughta wait until after the kid has won all Durrrr's money anyway - there'll be more to play for then.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yeah dude bring me roger federer right now and i'll take his bitch ass to school. see his flaw is that he always hits the ball to the other side, so what i'll do is run to where he'll hit it and hit it back to a spot where he can't reach it and he'll lose the point.

in this way i will exploit him and win the match

+1... well put.

kidkvno1.. .surely you jest???
How you could even begin to even remotely think you'd stand a chance against Tom is pretty ridiculous.
How much experience do you have at highstakes tables?.. and so this is why you figure you'd be able to take him out?
These guys are thinking on levels so far beyond what your typical micro limit player is...it's insane. ie.,.. what's he thinking, I'm thinking that he's thinking I'm thinking... <<< get it.

To say one doesn't have respect for Tom's game because he doesn't have a wsop bracelet is also ludicrous. He plays predominantly cash games..... wouldn't you if you were raking in HUGE? And I do believe he fares well against the top HighStakes players in the entire world.

As far as "why wouldn't he ship a guy $50k on Fulltilt for Stars$'s".. who knows... maybe he has some prior history with the other guy.... maybe he only keeps a certain amount on Fulltilt at any one given time (pretty sure his poker bankroll consists of far, far more than what he'd have on Fulltilt at any one given time.
I often ask myself while playing CC tourneys.... ."HOw the hell does that player call there"..... but reading a post like this one gives me a bit better idea.

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker at the highest level is about defying expectations. He`s a winning player because of several reasons, but mostly he is NEW. He`s play might confuse the other pros in loosing some money to him but that`s because none of them is familiar with his play, although, as you can see, this advantage it`s fading away already.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

This is another ridiculous remark imo..... since when did having alot of money keep a degenerate gambler from gambling???
John Gotti..... pretty sure he had a fairly large income. Guess what... he was a degenerate gambler (probably was while behind bars as well... but I do not know this part for fact).

Kid... the comment made to you above about "you're kidding" in regards to being unfamiliar with Greenstein.... like he's just another poker pro or something. The guy is an icon and has been around the poker scene for many years (aka.. 'he's famous"... every recreational poker player I've ever met is familiar with the guy.... i believe this is why the other poster thought perhaps you were joking).

This post has been good practise for me... "Poker Mindset"... don't let it tilt you. I ask myself, "Why am I ever responding on it?".. probably because I'm a bit shocked by it and am in disbelief.

As far as saying.. "well he was shortstacking then.. blah blah blah". I highly doubt he was ever shortstacking (but I could be wrong). Playing beyond the limits he's bankrolled for doesn't mean he was buying in short.

There was an article in one of the recent issues of bluff Magazine on Tom (a couple of comments were actually quoted by another member in a post above). Maybe you'd be interested in giving it a read (I won't quote any of the facts in it as I can't recall them accurately enough.... needless to say it was some really amazing stuff).

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
<3 this thread :D

And do what with it? He's gotta keep earning somehow to keep paying for rent, bills and baller-ass chicken dinners.

Putting the money on the stock market or something is probably even more degen than playing nosebleeds with it at the moment :p
Putting money in stocks would be a great idea, at this time. And it also gives a back up plan, when you go on tilt.
how about because he can afford to?

also hai guyz i play a goot TAG style therefore i are better than Durrr

OMG how did I not think HU4rlz??????

this thread owns

HU4rlz really

>>https://www.cardschat.com/forum/a-game-going-rail-requests-42/cc-drunkament-158325/

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/a-game-going-rail-requests-42/cc-drunkament-158325/
+1... well put.

kidkvno1.. .surely you jest???
How you could even begin to even remotely think you'd stand a chance against Tom is pretty ridiculous.
How much experience do you have at highstakes tables?.. and so this is why you figure you'd be able to take him out?
These guys are thinking on levels so far beyond what your typical micro limit player is...it's insane. ie.,.. what's he thinking, I'm thinking that he's thinking I'm thinking... <<< get it.

I don't, but know i can play at there level, if and when it is called for. Lower stakes, have to many fish willing to play any hand, shove with any thing.
It would be about the same when you see someone win, with every hand they play, and some time down the road you see them again, to find out there luck came to an end.
I am more then sure you can get a read, on his bluffs.
To say one doesn't have respect for Tom's game because he doesn't have a WSOP bracelet is also ludicrous. He plays predominantly cash games..... wouldn't you if you were raking in HUGE? And I do believe he fares well against the top HighStakes players in the entire world.

As far as "why wouldn't he ship a guy $50k on Fulltilt for Stars$'s".. who knows... maybe he has some prior history with the other guy.... maybe he only keeps a certain amount on Fulltilt at any one given time (pretty sure his poker bankroll consists of far, far more than what he'd have on Fulltilt at any one given time.
I often ask myself while playing CC tourneys.... ."HOw the hell does that player call there"..... but reading a post like this one gives me a bit better idea.
The only one i have respect for is Doyle Brunson.

I may have to ask him why, on that since i know were he is.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker at the highest level is about defying expectations. He`s a winning player because of several reasons, but mostly he is NEW. He`s play might confuse the other pros in loosing some money to him but that`s because none of them is familiar with his play, although, as you can see, this advantage it`s fading away already.

^^^ +1 once you pick up on a player, you can take them out..

This is another ridiculous remark imo..... since when did having alot of money keep a degenerate gambler from gambling???
John Gotti..... pretty sure he had a fairly large income. Guess what... he was a degenerate gambler (probably was while behind bars as well... but I do not know this part for fact).:eek:

Kid... the comment made to you above about "you're kidding" in regards to being unfamiliar with Greenstein.... like he's just another poker pro or something. The guy is an icon and has been around the poker scene for many years (aka.. 'he's famous"... every recreational poker player I've ever met is familiar with the guy.... i believe this is why the other poster thought perhaps you were joking).
I did not know that, i never herd his name before.
This post has been good practise for me... "Poker Mindset"... don't let it tilt you. I ask myself, "Why am I ever responding on it?".. probably because I'm a bit shocked by it and am in disbelief.

As far as saying.. "well he was shortstacking then.. blah blah blah". I highly doubt he was ever shortstacking (but I could be wrong). Playing beyond the limits he's bankrolled for doesn't mean he was buying in short.

There was an article in one of the recent issues of Bluff Magazine on Tom (a couple of comments were actually quoted by another member in a post above). Maybe you'd be interested in giving it a read (I won't quote any of the facts in it as I can't recall them accurately enough.... needless to say it was some really amazing stuff).
If i can find it i may do so.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're making yourself sound like a huge tool by the way, if you aren't aware yet