what makes durrrr so good

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets see him pull off a bluff like that in 2NL...
Easy way to lose your chip stack. How many WSOP did he win?
Once everyone see what he plays, he will start losing.

I have knocked out so many loose players, just like him, by not raising on a hand, letting them lead out. If your willing to play everything, you will get knocked out, it just takes the right one to do so.

You must be ****ing levelling. He's not playing ****ing 2nl you idiot. He's playing 500/1000 most the time. Jesus Christ. And the wsop? First, he's what? 23? Plenty of time for that. Second, why would he give a shit about tournaments, when he's so much more likely to make money in the cash games?

I'm convinced you're not being serious, but do you seriously think you could beat Dwan HU? Really?

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be ****ing levelling. He's not playing ****ing 2nl you idiot. He's playing 500/1000 most the time. Jesus Christ. And the WSOP? First, he's what? 23? Plenty of time for that. Second, why would he give a shit about tournaments, when he's so much more likely to make money in the cash games?

I'm convinced you're not being serious, but do you seriously think you could beat Dwan HU? Really?

i wouldnt be surprised if he was

anyway +1 to what Vanq said

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I LOL at people who say he's a laggy noob and that they can beat him "easily". Of course if it was as simple as waiting for a hand to beat him, he'd be long gone. That's obviously not the case.

People are just straight scared of him, they don't know what to do against him or how to play him. He forces his opponents to make lots of mistakes, and poker is a game of mistakes. Of course its a high variance style but over the long haul his opponents will make the mistakes that make his play long-term +EV.

He also sees like the matrix, nuff said.

Last edited:
StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His understanding of the game is just really above most people's. He does a very good job of knowing what level players are on, and adjusting to that.

He's definitely concious of his image, and uses that to his benefit, as well as making his own hands quite difficult to read by doing a very good job of balancing his ranges.

When he check/jams a river, you have a really really tough decision. He will do this with air. He'll do it with one pair. He'll do it with the nuts.

Durrrr makes the other players make tough decisions a lot, and as a result they often just say, "It's not worth it" and fold. He gets a lot of FE, it's pretty sick, but that's respect right there. I don't really care what other people say, if you look at how people (top pros) play against him, a lot of them straight fear the guy.

^^^Yes. People just straight out fear this guy. You can not put him on a hand due to his extreme aggressiveness and quite frankly he just has no fear. He's great at reading people and making others have to make tough decisions often. Anyone that thinks they can just crack him by playing TAG and isn't a pro is in la-la land. The pros can't crack him easily or get reads on him so makes you think you're so special kid?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets see him pull off a bluff like that in 2NL...
Easy way to lose your chip stack. How many WSOP did he win?
Once everyone see what he plays, he will start losing.

I have knocked out so many loose players, just like him, by not raising on a hand, letting them lead out. If your willing to play everything, you will get knocked out, it just takes the right one to do so.

yeah dude bring me roger federer right now and i'll take his bitch ass to school. see his flaw is that he always hits the ball to the other side, so what i'll do is run to where he'll hit it and hit it back to a spot where he can't reach it and he'll lose the point.

in this way i will exploit him and win the match

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must be ****ing levelling. He's not playing ****ing 2nl you idiot. He's playing 500/1000 most the time. Jesus Christ. And the WSOP? First, he's what? 23? Plenty of time for that. Second, why would he give a shit about tournaments, when he's so much more likely to make money in the cash games?

Were does he play at? There was also some kid, in the WSOP, that was the same way, he had the chip lead, but ran in to a TAG, lost his stack.
At 23 he still has more to learn, i want to play him HU.
I said i would like to see him try to play the same way In 2NL... At 500/1000, playing every hand would be easy, but i bet he loses the same amount he wins.
extreme aggressiveness try it and see how far you get, coz i have. I only have to start winning some hands to get respect well at a table.
He knows what hands there playing, there is tons of data, on line.
helmuth beat him by playing LAG, yet he knows helmuth is a TAG player, he did not see that coming.
I am serious....

i wouldnt be surprised if he was

anyway +1 to what Vanq said
^^^^ :cool:

The pros can't crack him easily or get reads on him so makes you think you're so special kid?
I don't think i am special but i do tend to play for the way the table calls, or to play someone HU.

>>>>>>> http://www.pokerbloggs.com/poker/tom-dwans-stats-5-million-in-online-winnings/453/

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Were does he play at? There was also some kid, in the WSOP, that was the same way, he had the chip lead, but ran in to a TAG, lost his stack.
I said i would like to see him try to play the same way In 2NL... At 500/1000, playing every hand would be easy, but i bet he loses the same amount he wins.
extreme aggressiveness try it and see how far you get, coz i have. I only have to start winning some hands to get respect well at a table.
helmuth beat him by playing LAG, yet he knows helmuth is a TAG player, he did not see that coming.
I am serious....

^^^^ :cool:

I don't think i am special but i do tend to play for the way the table calls, or to play someone HU.

I wish I was as good as you. I would be teh best at pokerz and take all durrrs monies. He has a lot right?

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he started by playing out of his BR. when you do some searching online look at what you can find....
In October 2008, while playing $500/$1,000 No-Limit Hold'em, Dwan was on the losing end of the biggest pot in online history at the time ($723,938), losing with KK to fellow high-stakes player Di "Urindanger" Dang whose AA held up.
Born July 30, 1986, in Edison, N.J., Dwan started playing poker in 2004 at the age of 17. His meteoric rise to the elite level of poker began with a $50 deposit on Full Tilt Poker. Although he started with $6 sit-and-gos, he quickly moved on to cash games and grinded his way through the limits.
^^^^ Under age at his start..

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was railing at the 200/400 PLO this morning and someone asked him for a $50k loan at Full Tilt and the borrower will pay back at Stars, and Dwan said something to the effect of, 'I can't I'm running really low right now'

He said it twice. Make of it what you will.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was railing at the 200/400 PLO this morning and someone asked him for a $50k loan at Full Tilt and the borrower will pay back at Stars, and Dwan said something to the effect of, 'I can't I'm running really low right now'

He said it twice. Make of it what you will.
^^^^^^ tilt, has hit him hard..... There are no stats for this year, i wonder why..

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are looking to set up a game with him kidkvno1 he's at Full Tilt. He normally plays PLO. When he's not taking all of Gus's money he's at the 200/400 ring games. Good luck if you decide to take him on.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love how you're making all these unfounded assumptions and assertions about durrr and how he plays.

i'm sure it's tilting every rational person in this thread

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am serious....

>>>>>>> http://www.pokerbloggs.com/poker/tom-dwans-stats-5-million-in-online-winnings/453/

he started by playing out of his BR. when you do some searching online look at what you can find....
^^^^ Under age at his start..

He plays a range of 500/1000, 200/400 and 300/600 on FTP

You want to play Tom Dwan, HU? Tom Dwan? HU? Someone who spends his time playing Ivey, Benyamine etc both online and live at the very highest stakes? Sorry that's the wrong question. I would love to play him HU too, would be an amazing experience. But you believe you could BEAT him HU?

Why would he play the same at 2nl? Why would he play 2nl? Why does beating 2nl show any skill at all? At 500/1k every hand is easy? Are you ****ing serious? My god I've never seen such idiocy in my life. None of us here, and it's like a 99.9999% certainty that none of us ever will, understand the type of thinking at that level

Why do you go back to this Hellmuth thing? If Dwan played PH HU cash for like 50k hands, Dwan would rip him to shreds

The BR thing. He openly admits he took shots at various limits underolled, and it's one the reasons behind his success. He believed that if there was a good game above his normal stakes he thought he could beat, why not take a shot?

Omg he started underage?! SERIOUSLY?! BURN HIM!!!

Seriously, you are absolutely deluded, or maybe just reaaaaalllllyyy stupid if you believe what you are saying.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read this thread, got tilted and was gonna write exactly what Geoff just wrote.
Thanks for saving me the time...

W

WossaPotOddz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah dude bring me roger federer right now and i'll take his bitch ass to school. see his flaw is that he always hits the ball to the other side, so what i'll do is run to where he'll hit it and hit it back to a spot where he can't reach it and he'll lose the point.

I Lol'd.

Ok for starters those who said he's 3 million down this year...? That's only 30 buy ins!!!!! Do you have any idea of the sort of variance you get at those levels and how sick a genuine downswing is. There's a reason people say to have 20-30-40 even 50 buy ins for 200nl+......so how many BI for 100000nl?

As for why he's so good, someone recently bumped a thread on 2+2 of a hand V's Durrrr at 5000nl and the OP says, "we all know how sick Durrr is...."

He didn't just luckbox his way to the nosebleeds, he learnt to destroy every level gradually (and quickly).

And now to the perfect example.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/19/high-stakes-pl-nl/plo-hand-450971/

4th line down.......if you're sitting with $100,000 in front of you and calculate 4 lines within $300 EV then you are good at pokers.

And that's why he's so good because he continues to learn and adapt....plus I think he's living with Raptor now.

S

SuperDonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my perspective, he seems to read people very well. He also never seems steam or go on tilt. Of course, maybe he just hasn't had a losing streak long enough to get him to steam (for me, that's 2 losses in a row).

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can 1 person fail in so many posts, in just 1 thread?

Reading what kid posted hurt my brain, how can some people like this dress themselves in the morning or even breathe for that matter....

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played durr HU once, knowing hes a tilty spewy lagtard, i folded every hand for 3 days until i had aces, i then raised my button, i was so proud that i had finally tarped him and was about to make a huge profit, he folded kings face up got up and left, i cried

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are looking to set up a game with him kidkvno1 he's at Full Tilt. He normally plays PLO. When he's not taking all of Gus's money he's at the 200/400 ring games. Good luck if you decide to take him on.
:smile: why would he be at that level now???
Gus is always giving his money away;)

From my perspective, he seems to read people very well. He also never seems steam or go on tilt. Of course, maybe he just hasn't had a losing streak long enough to get him to steam (for me, that's 2 losses in a row).
They maybe small in your eyes, but looking at the blog i posted, they are big loses. He will end up loosing, 50,000 hands a year.

He plays a range of 500/1000, 200/400 and 300/600 on FTP

You want to play Tom Dwan, HU? Tom Dwan? HU? Someone who spends his time playing Ivey, Benyamine etc both online and live at the very highest stakes? Sorry that's the wrong question. I would love to play him HU too, would be an amazing experience. But you believe you could BEAT him HU?

Why would he play the same at 2nl? Why would he play 2nl? Why does beating 2nl show any skill at all? At 500/1k every hand is easy? Are you ****ing serious? My god I've never seen such idiocy in my life. None of us here, and it's like a 99.9999% certainty that none of us ever will, understand the type of thinking at that level

Why do you go back to this Hellmuth thing? If Dwan played PH HU cash for like 50k hands, Dwan would rip him to shreds

The BR thing. He openly admits he took shots at various limits underolled, and it's one the reasons behind his success. He believed that if there was a good game above his normal stakes he thought he could beat, why not take a shot?

Omg he started underage?! SERIOUSLY?! BURN HIM!!!

Seriously, you are absolutely deluded, or maybe just reaaaaalllllyyy stupid if you believe what you are saying.
It's this thinking, that ends up nailing any player. So he was a short stacker, well that says all of it.

Reading what kid posted hurt my brain, how can some people like this dress themselves in the morning or even breathe for that matter....
Wat??? I am making points. The only thing he show's new players, is bad BRM, playing crapy cards..

I played durr HU once, knowing hes a tilty spewy lagtard, i folded every hand for 3 days until i had aces, i then raised my button, i was so proud that i had finally tarped him and was about to make a huge profit, he folded kings face up got up and left, i cried
Your joking right.

I had Annie Duke, in the OFC game, i did not know what hands she played, but i do know that she will push on the button.

That one thing i want to see is his HEM, or PT3 stats.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

But dude, everyone knows that Federer is a just a tournament donkey - he's like the Phil Hellmuth of tennis or something :p

As for kidkv, question for you: how's your respect levels for Barry Greenstein?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But dude, everyone knows that Federer is a just a tournament donkey - he's like the Phil Hellmuth of tennis or something :p

Hell yeah ever body know Federer is just a tournament player he's weak when he plays on a cash court.His back hand is getting real weak an wft where did rushing the net go????????LMAO kid has tilted me an i'm op serious what the hell kidd.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:smile: why would he be at that level now???
Gus is always giving his money away;)

They maybe small in your eyes, but looking at the blog i posted, they are big loses. He will end up loosing, 50,000 hands a year.

It's this thinking, that ends up nailing any player. So he was a short stacker, well that says all of it.

Wat??? I am making points. The only thing he show's new players, is bad BRM, playing crapy cards..

Your joking right.

I had Annie Duke, in the OFC game, i did not know what hands she played, but i do know that she will push on the button.

That one thing i want to see is his HEM, or PT3 stats.

Shortstacking is different to taking shots lol

Yes you are, however, your points lack any intelligence and logic, which is unfortunate

Just check his TableRatings, in NLHE, in 60k hands, he's up around 7m. That's just the hands TR has tracked. Running at like 6.5bb/100, with all hands at at least 100/200. Do you know how hard that is? Obviously not...

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This thread brings the LOLZ!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TILT
this month so far durrrr lost - 1.196.792.15 204 sessions 11927 hands
2009-01-01 to 2009-7-3
Durrrr won 303.076.37 sessions 1923 hands 149330
From 2+2
durrr is losing more then he is winning, You still think playing that way is great.

Just check his TableRatings, in NLHE, in 60k hands, he's up around 7m. That's just the hands TR has tracked. Running at like 6.5bb/100, with all hands at at least 100/200. Do you know how hard that is? Obviously not...
well the stats i just posted don't say that, plus they can not track players on FT anymore.
As for kidkv, question for you: how's your respect levels for Barry Greenstein?
Who is he?