dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Lack of patience and expectation of quick wins and lack of understanding of the nature of variance.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing emotionally I would say is the biggest mistake you can make.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Identifying the main mistake in poker can largely depend on the specific game situation and the style of each player. However, a common mistake among novice players is the lack of proper management of their bankroll. Bankroll management involves carefully and strategically managing the money allocated to gambling, avoiding excessive bets that can lead to the loss of funds quickly.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think the biggest mistake many players make is thinking that you can't win money quickly like this in poker. It's a very long game, you need patience so you'll have to work long and hard to get money and controlling emotions is also an important aspect

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
it happened on the first day you pick up your cards and say you're going to play poker

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main mistake people make is playing suited cards. It makes a difference 1 in 50 hands.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The biggest mistake in poker is to play it. Happy are those who do not play poker... What do you think?
Happy are those who value what they have. To play or not to play is not an easy question. If you have free time, if you are bored, why not play?

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The biggest mistake a player makes is not preparing and improving their game every day.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not mucking your hand when you know you are beat.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The biggest mistake in poker is to play it. Happy are those who do not play poker... What do you think?
odd comment for a pro-poker site.

For some, that might be true...but for those who aren't gambling addicts, I don't reallyy agree with the sentiment.
I think the biggest mistake in poker is "being unable to fold".
It isn't playing that is expensive, its failing to fold that is costly.

I've derived a lot of joy and excitement from playing poker and after 3 years, I'm probably a little bit ahead when I include the freerolls and CC games. But I usually am not playing many games over $1.10 unless I've won a ticket. Lots of single table 50cent games, 33 cent Sunday storm Satties, Freerolls, the occassional 55cent sattie... I do like the $1.10 knockout game too.

Have been playying of current bankroll for a few months now...and a handful of tickets awaiting to be exchanged for a seat in $109 and a few $11 games.
I think it is a mistake to NOT play poker.

Cheers,
JT

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main mistake in poker is often a failure to manage emotions, leading to poor decision-making. Tilt, a state of frustration or anger, can arise from bad beats or losing streaks, impairing judgment. Mitigating this error requires emotional resilience, discipline, and the ability to separate short-term outcomes from long-term strategy. Mastering this mental aspect is as vital as understanding the game itself, ensuring that emotions don't become the main obstacle on the path to poker success.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think bankroll management is a very big mistake that is often made.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The biggest mistake is not having mental control to play it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most common mistake in poker is open limping.

The worst mistake in poker is sitter limping.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest mistake is to not care about bankroll management

E

EnviroOrange

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be stupid that you will get a lot of money quickly! Poker is hard money and all these fairy tales are for beginners.
People forget that when the cards don't go in your favour you can lose all your money quickly lol

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest mistake in poker is not putting on the “sandals of humility” and thinking that your hand, when it is very good, will take all the blinds off the table. Poker is strategy. Be very careful and patient when playing.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think if you can't play poker for the enjoyment of the game & are solely playing with hopes of winning money, you probably won't last very long.

Personally I would strongly disagree with your statement (imagine that eh? I've been on this forum for 15years, nearly 25,000 posts (lol.. whoa!) and have LOVED playing poker all of this time.

Many days when I play poker, it is as fun, interesting & exciting as it was when I first began to play. And if I feel my interest waning that day... I don't play.

I enjoy 'the game', the strategy involved, the competition and even the excitement that comes along with the nature of the game (variance). It truly is a fantastic game - - the more I learned about it & the more I worked on my game, the more I enjoyed it and was able to see there was a lot more to it than I had at first anticipated.
Congratulations on your persistence and I wish you success and may your persistence be rewarded in a nice way!

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest mistake in poker is starting to play it. Kidding. But seriously, the main mistakes are tilt and ignorance of poker mathematics.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Not focusing, thats the biggest mistake.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think the big mistake is to wait for good cards only. No one can win Poker without risk and getting out of comfort zone;)

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Youre totally right, if you enjoy it as a hobby, its OK, if not and youre not good enough, then you should stop playing it, its as stressful as any job

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the best game ever but at the same time the most stressful.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you thought that you could become happy by playing poker, then this is quite unusual :)
Poker is just a game that gives us pleasure or just takes up our time. You need to decide for yourself what is more important to you, your enjoyment of the game or the time you spend on the game.