Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think if you can't play poker for the enjoyment of the game & are solely playing with hopes of winning money, you probably won't last very long.

Personally I would strongly disagree with your statement (imagine that eh? I've been on this forum for 15years, nearly 25,000 posts (lol.. whoa!) and have LOVED playing poker all of this time.

Many days when I play poker, it is as fun, interesting & exciting as it was when I first began to play. And if I feel my interest waning that day... I don't play.

I enjoy 'the game', the strategy involved, the competition and even the excitement that comes along with the nature of the game (variance). It truly is a fantastic game - - the more I learned about it & the more I worked on my game, the more I enjoyed it and was able to see there was a lot more to it than I had at first anticipated.
The biggest mistake in poker is to play it. Happy are those who do not play poker... What do you think?

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching how you play poker. If it looks like an addiction and you lose a lot of money playing it then it's a big mistake, yes. But if you sometimes play at low limits for fun, then this is quite normal.

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Ehh, those that don’t play poker will find ways to be unhappy too 🤣🤣

But a serious answer to your question, the main mistake people make in poker is bet sizing. Eg. Unless it’s a complete bluff out the gate, All-in preflop is a bad play. You’re only going to get action from other premium hands in which case it’s close to a 50:50, or people that might have given you some chips will fold.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
it would be a mistake to think that you are king and god, and your opponent's hand is obviously weaker. Playing your hands and not thinking about your opponent's hands is a mistake. Nevertheless, you need to be able to discard cards.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I prefer to take your question seriously and answer that the biggest mistakes in poker are:
1) mismanagement of your money
2) think that when you first go to a tournament it's time not to play so as not to risk
3) not knowing how to regret a decision (if you try to bluff you have time to regret it and not lose so many chips reaching the river)

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Whether or not to play poker is the choice of every person. Poker doesn’t interfere with my life at all, but on the contrary, it has given me a lot. I've always been a winning player. There were times when I lost, but I immediately took a break, did other things for a while, and then after a while I came back and continued to win. Thanks to poker, I made a lot of friends, each of them is engaged in a certain field of activity and I very often intersect with them in everyday life. Poker is not only a game for money, it is a whole world, philosophy and much more. The main mistake in poker is to play it if you do not know how to control yourself and your emotions.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I cannot agree with your statement. Poker is a large part of both my husband’s and my own life. It brings us both a lot of joy and excitement. Just playing in the league games is absolutely amazing and fun and it would be hard for me to imagine not playing league games. Poker is not and should not always be about the money. Life is too short to not do things you love. I agree with other statements above about addiction though.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The biggest mistake in poker is to play it. Happy are those who do not play poker... What do you think?
Hello brother
Well I'll tell you what I think.
I think that if you consider that in life itself it is a mistake to do something that you think should not be done, the decision is simple, don't do it anymore.
If you think that poker is your ruin, don't play anymore.
At least I think the other way around that, for different reasons in life, I couldn't continue playing poker since 2003 when I was a regular player.
Today I consider that I can progress day by day in the game with a lot of dedication, study, and responsibility.
Greetings:):):)

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Believe that you are going to win all the time, or you can increase your bankroll every day.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is like so many things in life in that moderation is important. I think building a good career or a business and acquiring a quality education is a better priority for a young person. Of course all the poker rooms try and design things to try and get you to play poker all day every day with things like leaderboards and tiered ticket programs.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Bankroll management, as soon as you win some money, you start to play bigger tournaments a way looser than you should

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst mistake in poker is not being focused or sure about the decisions you're making on each hand. That's why every error has to be studied and corrected.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a great pastime, and anyone who doesn't play simply doesn't know what a great way to spend their free time they're missing out on. On the other hand, those who do not play have much more free time than those who play. Obviously, there are pros and cons to playing poker, but everyone has to decide for themselves how to spend their free time.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, tilt is the biggest mistake you can make in poker, as well as if you don't have patience, this is very important. If you don't have it, you're going to have to learn to have it, greetings

idvelkka

idvelkka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just dont fold enough, if its half stack on the table i probably just go all in 😅

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One of the key things about poker is just not really needing the money. I truly feel sorry for those that require that money for a basic living.

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
well i like to play poker but it takes a lot of time

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that serious mistakes are not unique, but we can list some crucial mistakes, such as playing outside of your appropriate buy-in range, playing too many hands and not considering your opponents ranges, making non-standard bets are some examples of wrong actions in my opinion

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I think there are several, but one of the main ones, in my opinion, is the lack of management of your bankroll... if you don't plan how you are going to spend your money at the tables, you will lose everything without realizing it.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest one is i don't respect my bankroll