What hurts more...?

purple714

purple714

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst is when you know you shouldn't fold but are being cautious for whatever reason( on the bubble, already in the money and trying to level up), and the hand hits big.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to play a great hand and lose to a weak hand.I try not to look at my hand once I fold it. I made the decision to fold for a reason.

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it hurts to play a great hand and lose to a weak hand for me...

sSAINTSs

sSAINTSs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To watch a hand you folded play out and win

Sometimes I fold a hand like J 10 suited. It sucks to see it play out and win. It depends on what position you are in to play it. Like if only a few players need to go out for you to make it in the bubble of a tournament.:ciao:

Cheers:hahaha:

Last edited:
John Penniston

John Penniston

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loosing with strong hands, via slow play it hurts me more.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always losing to an inferior hand that sucks out on you.

Seeing your folded hands as being the winner’s sucks, but at least it was your decision in not playing them.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a great hand and losing to a total junk hand they should have never been in for me.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once the cards are folded it out of mind out of sight. You can't do anything once they are mucked. So it only leaves the other for me. That is poker, you lose some you win some.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing when in the hand most definitely because most of the time when I fold my attention goes to the next table.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually losing is worse than theoretically winning.

S

SadFacePanda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The evolution of cards

Definitely losing to a weaker hand. Whenever I decide not to play one hand I have made a conscious decision to disregard it's potential and therefore I can not blame anything but myself.

However, whenever playing and losing to a weaker hand one has already anticipated a win (or almost anyway). You could argue to that the weaker hand isn't actually weaker since it won. As a medicine student I could see an analogy to evolution; there is no such thing as a weak or strong gene (gene expressions). However some individuals have more adapted gene (or gene expressions) to the environment than others. If one imagine that the mutual cards are the environment, and your hand is your "genes" there is truly nothing such as a strong/weak hand, just hands more or less adapted to its environment. Please share your thoughts regarding my (probably slightly weird) analogy.

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely hurts to know that we have read the opponents hand to be stronger than yours and make the bad call to raise or call a large pot. sometimes I call myself stupid. I guess its part of the learning process to have the courage to listen to the little angel and fold.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you folded a junker that would have happened to hit, you can't get too upset that just means you're playing well. And the same thing can be said about a better hand losing to a worse hand. Just remember you're playing well. That's what's important.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To watch a hand you folded play out and win or to play a great hand and lose to a weak hand..?
Poker is a strategy and odds game.
A hand is only good when the five cards on the table that are exposed have allowed you to win the entire pot.
Using a strategy of not letting yourself read the game can be an opportunity to confuse your opponent.
I'd rather win a good pot with a not-so-good hand.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The two forms hurt, get lost and lost if you were playing well

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think having a great hand that loses is worse. A crap hand like 7 2 that flopped a full house does not happen often enough for it to be profitable hand to play.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
def. losing with a good starting hand.
in the first case, you never know if the hand would be played the same if you were in it.(what the oppenents would have raised etc.)

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think second, when loosing with tough hand just because of bad luck((

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
To watch a hand you folded play out and win or to play a great hand and lose to a weak hand..?

For me, "To play a great hand and lose to a week hand", hurts more.

I never worry too much about hands that were folded.