What hurts more...?

B

BabyJohn87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To watch a hand you folded play out and win or to play a great hand and lose to a weak hand..?

burton_boy

burton_boy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a great one and losing to a weak one by far...
I do my best to forget the hands I fold because I folded them for a reason they were not good enough to play in the position I was in. Whatever comes on the is irrelevant, the cards still were not good enough to play. Sure I could have got lucky and sucked out on someone but playing bad hands isn't profitable in the long run.

Besides chances are if my great hand lost to a weak one I may have made a mistake in how I played that hand in order to let the garbage hand stick around and draw out on me anyway... The miss-play is what hurts.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hurts is you bet everything with AA and a person with 22 and a 2 appears on the flop, that really hurts.

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To watch a hand you folded play out and win of couse !

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d have to go with the hands I don’t play and could’ve won. There’s nothing worse than seeing a big pot that you could’ve taken. As for bad beats I don’t let those get to me as much anymore unless I played it terribly.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both of the situations can hurt as well, but anyway if you loose the hand you played well it hurts more.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play a great hand and lose to a weak hand for me.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing a weak hand and flopping a full house only to split the pot because villain has the same hole cards.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To watch a hand you folded play out and win is harder to take for me, the other scenario is just a bad beat.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both together! seeing flop after flop you would have nutzed, and when it comes to your premium hand, you see 3 8 t rainbow and the winner is the 4 on the river

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Neither of options cause I know I made the right descions both times. Cannot ponder on what ifs too long in this game.

What really hurts is when I play a hand poorly when I really know the right thing to do and then not do it.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good question!

I have learned to keep my mind under control. You have just that problems in 3 cases:
1 - Making a bad bankroll management
2 - Playing bad
3 - Both

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The second one for sure ... its really hurts becuase in many times you need to wait to get those types of hands and lose from a weak hand .....

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
def. losing with a good starting hand.
in the first case, you never know if the hand would be played the same if you were in it.(what the oppenents would have raised etc.)

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it hurts me more to lose with kk vs Ax preflop allin .. it may hurt to lose AK vs 22 of course, but i dont think it hurts to much as losing with kk vs A6 ..

Alkovalenko

Alkovalenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play monster hands and caught fish on some sort of set of twos

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a bad or weak hand that's what hurts more when you have a good or premium hand and will bet a 7 - 2. But even when you eliminate that play ... phew that hurts! ajjaja

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you cant worry about a hand you folded pre. now getting beat by a weak hand, that can be tilting but you just suck it up and move on to the next one

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
def. losing with a good starting hand.
in the first case, you never know if the hand would be played the same if you were in it.(what the oppenents would have raised etc.)

good point, board changes on every action

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely playing a monster and losing to some garbage, especially if you raised with your monster and some donk just called for a laugh.

I don't mind seeing folded cards turn out to be something big because there is a reason I folded them and I try to remember to stay 'decision based' rather than results based when determining whether or not I did the right thing. That being said, I did turn off the visible folded cards on PS to prevent being pissed off for folding 53o and flopping a straight to keep me from playing marginal hands in the future.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hardest for me to lose with AA. Once I lost three times in a row with AA.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play freerolls so neither situation hurts. The way I see it, if I bust out of a tournament I get to do other things with my time, and since I didn't invest any money it's about the same thing.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The second scenario hurts far more. If I had a dollar for everytime some jackass calls with ace high and hits runner runner gutshot straight...

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hurts me the most is making the right read and play, only to have it not hold up on the river. In poker all you can do is get your money in ahead and hope it holds up. In the long run you want weaker hands in the pot verses your strong hands, you will profit more then you lose. Because of the luck factor any one can have a great run as well as bad runs. Timed aggression is a big key to winning consistently on the poker tables. Common sense says the more you play certain players the better you should get verse the same players. Your reads will become clearer and you will noticed yourself making plays without even thinking about it verses some players. Making the right decision at the right times, such as when to reraise and when to just call. When to go for max gain in a hand verses min lose.

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching a hand you folded play out and win for me anyway,

If you lose with AA to a weaker hand because of a suckout at least you know you played it well.