What Helps When You're Running Bad?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What helps you get back on track when you’re running bad? Yesterday I almost reached three final tables, but lost one/two/three players away from the final table. Which upset me. What do you do when you run bad?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Try playing on a different site. If that doesn't work, maybe it is time to take a long break.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The break helps me the best. I noticed that a little rest always has a good effect on my game.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What helps you get back on track when you’re running bad? Yesterday I almost reached three final tables, but lost one/two/three players away from the final table. Which upset me. What do you do when you run bad?

I really think it is just "How you look at things". You had 3 deep runs in mtt's yesterday, YAY! That is positive not negative. You say running bad, I say you ran pretty darn well. Go back and review your hands, see if you are happy with how you played, not the results, just the actions you took.

If you are convinced that the poker gods are against you, take "time" off. Nobody can tell you if that is 1 hour, 1 day or 1 month. You just need to look inside and figure out WHY you are so upset.

Good Luck in your poker, strive to make good decisions when it is your turn to act, after that let the cards play out.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The best way not to lose everything is to rest, stop playing for a while. If I don't think you would lose everything, that's the best way to end a bad streak in my case.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I close the poker client and watch an interesting movie or TV show.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m taking a rest for at least 2 hours

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Review your game and analyze the hands you played, if you made a mistake and correct and if it was not because it was due to bad luck you have to accept it with a bitter taste and close session or forget about that tournament and continue with the others and try to That does not affect you in your mind, so as not to make mistakes in the other tournaments, but if it was in a single tournament and not in several at the same time, it is best to take a break and log out.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to take more chances. For me, there is not always a bad number. They all have a weight.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It helps me to survive my downstrick that I close the site for 5 minutes and do not make hot decisions, and calm down during this time, then I go back in and play the same way without emotions and try to use the correct tracking of the players at the table.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When Im running bad (tilting), i usualy try to cut my loses and quit playing for a while... It takes a lot of discipline to out right quit, because you subconsciously want to keep going to earn back what you lost.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you open your terrible schedule at the end of a session, you need to clearly understand that poker, like our whole life, consists of black and white stripes. It can't be always bad, as always good. After an unsuccessful day, a new one will come, which will definitely bring much more profit and good mood.
With a series of bad days in mind, you shouldn't think that your game is a complete mess and that you are not playing poker well. It is possible that in the wake of bad days, your game may deteriorate, and your attention will be distracted. Take a short break and do something other than poker. Personally, I prefer to get together with a group of friends for a webinar and relax with some online games.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol helps me cool out I don’t like reviewing my play...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Back on track when I'm running good. It is the only salvation to running bad.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol helps me cool out I don’t like reviewing my play...

How do you know if it is a bad run then? Could be some leaks in you're game? Guess it is better the leak in the game than the cup.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I recommend a break, I can see it. When nothing goes, a break is the best you can do. Then come back and mow $$: D

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
self control and keep playing or I try to do something to distract myself and relax

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing that works best for me is to just take a break until it doesn't affect you anymore :). Good luck!

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop for a couple of hours and have a good coffee to start much more concentrated.

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a break by getting some sleep or going out for a walk.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

when those things happen the best thing is to stop playing !!! change the energy, not strive to want to recover what was lost! stop playing that day or a couple of hours greetings!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bad run or coolers don't affect me any more , I mean it is still a frustrating thing when it happens but it will not impact my game. I try to play my +EV spots and it is what it is , you can't do something more.

I could have easily smashed my mouse or my laptop the last months due to lost flips in the last 2-3 tables of MTTs but no. Poker like life is how you react to the challenges. Put volume and if your game is good enough then everything will work just fine for you! :)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
So I have to say to fly out shortly before ft is annoying but I can hardly manage itm at the moment and I would be happy if I got that far into a tournament. Today again shortly before itm and I get AA and someone at the table raises preflop, I reraise he goes allin and of course I call him and then it came show down and he had 36 he is still in the tournament and I'm out 10 before itm. Ok there are people who say shortly before itm you should just fold everything but I thought I would do it right and AA folding didn't look right for me lol. But had already expected the flight out. But well what do I do when something like that happens? mostly nothing at all and I shake it off and carry on as good as I can and sometimes I take a break but usually there is already time to do something else anyway so my breaks do not depend on how my game went. But I can understand very well that there are people who get very upset when something like that happens and then a short break would really be called for.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When this happens to me I stop playing, take a good break and analyze hands or watch a video and then start again.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to deal with it resting for a few hours.
You can find a lot of good advices in a thread about this topic that i have posted a few weeks ago on my profile.
Good luck!