What do you think of talking during a hand

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not forbidden to speak your cards...But true or false? The big question...

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Didn't think you were allowed to talk during a hand, as not to influence the game. I've seen loads of players discuss what hands they've had or folded on pokerstars. My friends do it at our games. Don't think I'd do it amongst players I don't know.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For some here who seem to question whether revealing cards in this manner is an infraction or not, this is what "Roberts Rules of Poker" stipulates. These rules were compiled and amended many times by an industry veteran, Bob Ciaffone so as to standardize rules from one poker venue to another. He is a rules drafter and consultant for the industry. Listed under Poker Etiquette -

The following actions are improper, and grounds for warning, suspending, or barring a violator...

Revealing the contents of a folded hand before the betting is complete. Do not divulge the contents of a hand during a deal even to someone not in the pot, so you do not leave any possibility of the information being transmitted to an active player.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I myself never like talking during a hand. In fact I never like talking during any poker game. I think its distracting and non sensical in a game.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Commenting a hand in which you no longer participate is not acceptable behavior. In a live game you can always ask dealer or floor manager to interact if it happens more than once but in online game i don't know if you can actually do something except telling the offender that this is not correct and hoping that he will correct his behavior.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven’t come across this yet, or I just didn't notice it. But if it’s as you say, then this is certainly not acceptable.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was no such thing, but even if I do not pay attention to it because I play with what I have):)

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If that person is asking you questions do not anwser and wait them out.

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you can maintain a conversation, listen to fun, but talk about most cases of :mad:insults in conversation because of a weak hand or a losing combination!

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that you can maintain a conversation, listen to fun, but talk about most cases of :mad:insults in conversation because of a weak hand or a losing combination!
I wasnt talking about that, reread the post

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talking about your cards while youre not in the hand and theres still players in theyr hands is against rules from about everywhere. I would call the guy out. Call the refferee....things like that

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like a few above said, if you are in the hand i dont mind the player talking but if the player has already folded and then says "i have this blah blah" should be reported since it lets the other play know what cards are dead..

kinda scummy move and i would just report the player!
just keep your mouth shut after the hand is over and then say what you had.. it isnt that hard and i dont know why some players dont get that.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like a few above said, if you are in the hand i dont mind the player talking but if the player has already folded and then says "i have this blah blah" should be reported since it lets the other play know what cards are dead..

kinda scummy move and i would just report the player!
just keep your mouth shut after the hand is over and then say what you had.. it isnt that hard and i dont know why some players dont get that.
Yeah, freaking A

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: What do you think of talking during a hand

I do not, in any case after playing the hand I could talk, but during the hand it is very annoying that they talk

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

I haven't seen if there is an option to report players, but leave it alone, those types of players just get caught with a good hand and win their chips.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands