What do you think of talking during a hand

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I was the cutoff with A5 went 3x, button called everybody folded. JJ7, I went 75% , the button called, and during that a player in the chat said, I folded J7, so now I dont know if he is lying or he is saying the truth, if the button has a J or not, fortunately or unfortunately an A appeared on the turn, then another one at the river, the button had AT so we split the pot after he jammed at the river, I definitely was representing JJ at but that sucker spoke. Is there any rules to punish such behavior or to report that suuuucker? thanx

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure different sites have collusion rules (which that most likely would fall under) but sometimes you have to pick your fights.

You didn't state if it was a tournament or cash game.

If it was a tournament, just move on, when it happens to them someday, they may stop talking across the board sooner or later.

If it was a cash game I really have a problem with that and think a card room would also. .

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure different sites have collusion rules (which that most likely would fall under) but sometimes you have to pick your fights.

You didn't state if it was a tournament or cash game.

If it was a tournament, just move on, when it happens to them someday, they may stop talking across the board sooner or later.

If it was a cash game I really have a problem with that and think a card room would also. .
Tournament

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone who is in a hand should be able to say anything they wish....imo it's an intrinsic part of the game.

anyone not in the hand should be quiet and show respect.

in your example, the player who said they folded J7 should be reported instantly...that is strictly not allowed...totally forbidden....it will / could influence the action. If that happened 'live' in the days of buffalo bill, guns would be drawn and shots would be fired. these days, the floor would be called, and very stern action would be taken against the offender.

ps...to think you are representing jj with jjx on the board is...errr...optimistic at best :).... are you smoking weed / eating a piece of...errr...coke..while you play by any chance..??

Last edited:
K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone who is in a hand should be able to say anything they wish....imo it's an intrinsic part of the game.

in your example, the player who said they folded J7 should be reported instantly...that is strictly not allowed...totally forbidden....it will / could influence the action. If that happened 'live' in the days of buffalo bill, guns would be drawn and shots would be fired. these days, the floor would be called, and very stern action would be taken against the offender.

ps...to think you are representing jj with jjx on the board is...errr...optimistic at best :).... are you smoking weed / eating a piece of...errr...coke..while you play by any chance..??

Your not in the hand if you fold which is the problem.

R

rkf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
love the talking

spices up the thought process for the players involved. poker should be social. bluffing is half the fun!

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Well, lets just say when wsd I only revealed pairs TT and better, Broadways exclusively and was too tight 15% vpip, 10% prf.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, lets just say when wsd I only revealed pairs TT and better, Broadways exclusively and was too tight 15% vpip, 10% prf.

15% is a bit nitty....but not sooooo nitty.

then its way easier to rep qq kk aa than jj here...a lot easier...no one would believe you had jj...its pure fantasy thinking...

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What site? Most sites have a rule against giving away your hole cards during a hand. That would include do so after you have folded while the hand is being played. Only after the hand is finished is it OK. Check if your site has such a rule and report it to support.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate it when that happens people need to learn to keep their mouth shut thats why i take notes and pay them back when they are in that position\

M

mycannon223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have played it like he didn't say anything. I used to do this donk thing where I would say what I have before I go all in at a table against people who don't want to call.I would show my hand after each time. When I got a good hand I would lie and they would call it.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check the rules, sir
If it's not allowed then report him, if nothing about it then deal with as a man! Go and cry in your pillow :D

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It was not fair that he spoke before the hand ends. Anyway you cannot do anything with these cases. I play my game and I don't comment usually, because I don't like the comfusion of chatting!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course in live poker that reveal could receive a sanction and is completely out of order.

I am afraid to say when this happens on line most of the time I think its, dumb thoughtless behavior. I try to ignore it because I am not aware the sites clamp down on such infractions.

I have joked before that if online poker was not 'run' as it is you would see people thoughtlessly raising or folding out of turn all the time.

That said it would not be that difficult to switch off chat when a hand is in play. After all you cannot comment when someone is all in already on pokerstars. You could write a comment anytime, but only post it once the hand is finished and the cards are being dealt.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it is wrong to talk about the cards that have been dealt to us while it is being played. You should report this behavior because it is prohibited and also influences the development of the game

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I dont have the name of the person in question at hand, but I made a note about him, so if he pops up again Im sure I will report him. But first, how do you report such behavior at PP?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that the main rule is to communicate without any insults or unacceptable statements. But in general, any conversations during the game should not affect your decisions or your emotional state.

M

mycannon223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I've ever seen an option to report a player for any kind of conduct. They could be colluding, a bot, cheating or abusing chat and there is nothing we can do about it.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Frankly, I ignore the conversations of my opponents. For me, it's just spam. I try to focus only on the game.

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also just ignore what everyone was saying. Sometimes people just say they have hands just to stir things up. If you're so concerned with people believing that guy, throw your own monkey wrench in there, "Pff, sure. How can you have it when I have it?"

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the very least, it is a lack of respect. I don't believe that live players reveal their cards. Eventually, this can happen in online tournaments. However, only newbies do it because they are enthusiastic. Eve n so, I never saw it happen at the tables during the hand.

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The chat is to talk what you want live, you can also talk, it happens that they do not do it out of respect, talking is not a rule of poker buy negreanu would already be expelled if it were

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's bad when players say what cards they threw away, for this they can punish me, I think

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If this happens copy and paste the chat text and send it to the poker site support, they will deal with the offenders.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I was the cutoff with A5 went 3x, button called everybody folded. JJ7, I went 75% , the button called, and during that a player in the chat said, I folded J7, so now I dont know if he is lying or he is saying the truth, if the button has a J or not, fortunately or unfortunately an A appeared on the turn, then another one at the river, the button had AT so we split the pot after he jammed at the river, I definitely was representing JJ at but that sucker spoke. Is there any rules to punish such behavior or to report that suuuucker? thanx
I was curious, which poker site were you at?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands