What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
summer or winter olimpic games? thats the question! ;)

i think it must be in the shedule of winter OG, because if curling can be, why poker cant/

If it is, I think it will be in the main event, Summer.
I also believe that it is possible to enter poker in the Olympic games. I see many comments saying it will never happen or things like that. But it only shows that if people are too lazy to open Google and do a simple search.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi There,

I cannot honestly see the ancient gods of Greece playing a hand of Texas hold em. Olympics for me has to involve some form of tradition, whilst the various Olympic committees are voting in new sports..i do not see how poker can be regarding as a sport let alone an Olympic event. I think its time for some common sense..otherwise it devalues the essence of what made the Olympics truly historical :confused::)

Do you see Zeus surfing or skateboarding?

Search, do not believe me, look for information before saying something like that.
Otherwise you will expose yourself ignorantly with phrases without values.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well would be very cool to see ..they would have to shorten the time.maybe tourney to find the top ten .then a last table go .I'd love to see it happen .curling is there ! Why not poker :D

I do not see why shortening, it's about 15 days of Olympics.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you see Zeus surfing or skateboarding?

Search, do not believe me, look for information before saying something like that.
Otherwise you will expose yourself ignorantly with phrases without values.
when i last checked - both surfing and skateboard involved some form of physical activity so it can hardly be regarded as ignorant when picking up and putting down cards is hardly physical activity is it?
I completely stand by my views and if you perceive those as ignorance, well thats your opinion..as this is mine.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i last checked - both surfing and skateboard involved some form of physical activity so it can hardly be regarded as ignorant when picking up and putting down cards is hardly physical activity is it?
I completely stand by my views and if you perceive those as ignorance, well thats your opinion..as this is mine.

Read the post statement. Interpret and you will see my opinion.
hat suddenly Poker is in the Olympic games, but a FACT, which is under analysis by the GAISF.

Try to tell GAISF that Zeus or any other God does not approve of it ....:rolleyes:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read the post statement. Interpret and you will see my opinion.
hat suddenly Poker is in the Olympic games, but a FACT, which is under analysis by the GAISF.

Try to tell GAISF that Zeus or any other God does not approve of it ....:rolleyes:
Put simply - we are not gods, we are not governing committees, you have given your opinion and i have stated mine - we do not agree and that is fine. I have said all i want on the matter.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to see poker played fairly, under all conditions.
Most people just wanna have a little fun.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it should, I love poker, but it is a card game

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hahahaha
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

There is no competition in Poker?

Do not you make mental effort?

Maybe chess should be in the Olympics before Poker? I mean chess takes mental effort & it is 100% skill game with no luck involved. Then while we're at it, why not add in Checkers? ("Yo! King me with that Gold Medal!")

If you're going to add poker to the Olympics, why not add in Gin Rummy or Bridge? How bout Crazy 8's?
Introducing brazil's next 2-time Gold Medalist.... Diego Ramos takes a Gold in 'Go Fish' & on top of that feat, he makes a crazy comeback in Crazy 8's to take down that title too!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Take it easy mate. You may even want blackjack, roulette and slots to be an Olympic game all you like but let me find this hilarious to say the least.

Do you imagine tony g, sheikhan, kassouf, schwartz, gavin smith and even hellmouth to represent your country?

LMAO Gavin Smith on top of the podium, his gold medal in one hand & a Rum & Coke in the other, leaning on Hellmuth's shoulder (who is crying because he only got Silver) & falling asleep as they're waiting out Will Kassouf's acceptance speech.
roulette in the Olympics would be pretty cool though. Just think... I'd even have a shot at Gold. Maybe some 90yr. old grandmother takes the Gold in that EVENT.:confused: (maybe Diego's grandmother takes it? Who knows? I'm sure there's somebody out there who's good enough at it to win the Gold)

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love poker. but i dont think it will ever be an olimpic sport.

M

michael conley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very true I might work but the US has to make it legal soon I hope . I still don't know why they do not do something the tax money lol

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this is absurd. We all love this game, but it's not a sport.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would love to see poker played fairly, under all conditions.
Most people just wanna have a little fun.

Of course, I only see benefits if this possibility is accepted by GAISF

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe chess should be in the Olympics before Poker? I mean chess takes mental effort & it is 100% skill game with no luck involved. Then while we're at it, why not add in Checkers? ("Yo! King me with that Gold Medal!")

If you're going to add poker to the Olympics, why not add in Gin Rummy or Bridge? How bout Crazy 8's?
Introducing Brazil's next 2-time Gold Medalist.... Diego Ramos takes a Gold in 'Go Fish' & on top of that feat, he makes a crazy comeback in Crazy 8's to take down that title too!

Well, that's when you once again made a mistake without researching on the subject. The mode will be Match. Search.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A "sport" is a game involving physical exertion, therefore, poker is a game and not a sport.

There is less than zero chance that poker would ever become an Olympic event, as there are many sports that do not make the cut.

Poker has plenty of avenues to be showcased to the world already.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
LMAO Gavin Smith on top of the podium, his gold medal in one hand & a Rum & Coke in the other, leaning on Hellmuth's shoulder (who is crying because he only got Silver) & falling asleep as they're waiting out Will Kassouf's acceptance speech.
Roulette in the Olympics would be pretty cool though. Just think... I'd even have a shot at Gold. Maybe some 90yr. old grandmother takes the Gold in that EVENT.:confused: (maybe Diego's grandmother takes it? Who knows? I'm sure there's somebody out there who's good enough at it to win the Gold)

To what extent does a human being lead a life of hypocrisy? The world has evolved and delivered information as we live and yet are alienated throughout the world. That is why we live in constant chaos. Well, I do not want you to believe me (until then it's insignificant), but you can send an email to complaints@gaisf.com

;)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A "sport" is a game involving physical exertion, therefore, poker is a game and not a sport.

There is less than zero chance that poker would ever become an Olympic event, as there are many sports that do not make the cut.

Poker has plenty of avenues to be showcased to the world already.

SEARCH sport of MIND since 2009

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as I personally have enjoyed playing the game of poker, and equally enjoyed watching others play over the years, I don't believe poker would ever/should ever become an Olympic event.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As much as I personally have enjoyed playing the game of poker, and equally enjoyed watching others play over the years, I don't believe poker would ever/should ever become an Olympic event.

If you go or not I do not know either. But the fact that "today" is in analysis.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth I never would have put to think that poker was an Olympic sport .. it would be good to compete safely but I do not know what would happen or how it would be the rounds .. it's a very good idea .. I write.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To what extent does a human being lead a life of hypocrisy? The world has evolved and delivered information as we live and yet are alienated throughout the world. That is why we live in constant chaos. Well, I do not want you to believe me (until then it's insignificant), but you can send an email to complaints@gaisf.com

;)

You didn't respond to ANYTHING that I wrote about.

I'll say it again.... why not have Gin Rummy in the Olympics.?

Why not have 'Bridge' (Bridge been around for a very long time & it's a skill game!)

You can't answer it because you have no answer for it.

No online poker in the States but we're gonna have poker in the Olympics. yah... ok. lol.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we need to know what the meaning of a sport is, I always think of it as using body muscles, strength, endurance, etc. I am not sure card games would qualify but I suppose its strength of mind, cleverness, etc. Maybe some day it will be and olympic sport.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would be a good reason for me finally start to spending my time for watching Olympic Games indeed! :)Great thing, that it can be at Summer and at Winter too! Well at Winter it will be a little bit cold playing poker outdoors, but who cares, main thing the cards are dealt and you are on TV! :D

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will not happen, but like you said prejudice it will not leave. But it would be good. But what if would be best to make a world tournament where different countries participate and is classified per team and play 5 vs 5 per country and is eliminatory and that would also change the game strategy because it would be a team. And the aquipo to win ranks. Or make one representative per country and may the best win. But good is only suggestion. regards