What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game where not all depends on you. Don't know how you will select players. And there will be always random champion.

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty fine with wsop... The Olympics seems unrealistic.. how would this work? The Olympics invites the best players and they play for fun to wins medala...I don't like the idea

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can still lose with aces vs 27 off suit preflop. There will always be that element of luck to poker. Poker should not be in the Olympics. Olympics involves a lot of physical training and its hard to display all your efforts on a poker table when the audience can't see the hole cards.

I agree that WSOP and all the other poker tournaments are where poker belongs. Leave the Olympics to the athletes.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Unfortunately, Poker still suffers from many prejudices in world society. I believe that with this "final" step our beloved sport will be recognized as it deserves.

And you, what do you have to say about it?

Why, not ?!

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it will never happen because even if you ignore the fact that it is not a sport,poker is a competition for money something that is against the feeling of the olympics.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be wonderful, but it will cost a bit because there are several sports that have tried it for some time.

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I, too, like many people in this topic believe that poker is not an Olympic game. but it would be cool to look at this

A

Abubakarovich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be happy to watch such Olympic games. It is a pity that this is unlikely to happen.

B

BetterCaIISaul

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that many people on Earth love this game, certainly a sporting interest in the game. But the map and the sport are not compatible, it's just my opinion

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sport

Well as much as we all love playing Poker I doubt this would ever happen. Seems to me if it ever did they would as well need to add table games like chess ect.

With all the tournaments etc out there dont see this happening .

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have WSOP -having an Olympic event make take the shine of the bracelets 🤔

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Even sillier than allowing golf, baseball & basketball in.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why make it olympic? Do you know any olympic challenge that envolves money in the game itself? Doesn't make sense for me.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I agree with you. It is obvious that poker is a sport, just like chess. I think that in the future poker will also be an Olympic sport.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No disrespect to poker as I truly love this game but, it's not like you can run, jump, swim, skate in this event and it probably would not draw a lot of people to watch this event as compared to other events in the Olympics and would probably give the Olympics a bad name to boot. I get the fact that cards are a very challenging game but I just don't see it happening.

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hola Diego,

"Olympic poker would look good at the Winter Olympics, enjoyed with a bigglass of hypocaloric ecological whiskey, a huge fireplace and everyone with their feet warm."
D. Negreanu.

I found this in the Reader's Digest, the North Korean version. :bandit:

kaktyc

kaktyc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympic? What nonsense. Poker is not a sport. Well it had to come up with an idea to open this conversation.

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, Poker still suffers from many prejudices in world society. I believe that with this "final" step our beloved sport will be recognized as it deserves.

Absurd !!!!!

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, poker cant be Olympic sport. Who would play if poker will be in olympics? If all players who want it, it doesnt make sense.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any other card games that are part of Olympic? I doubt anything related to gambling part of Olympic.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Olympiad is a sporting competition, but poker is a psychological competition, it is closer to chess. It must exist separately.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love watching poker but lets be honest....after years of very exciting matches on ESPN it didn't stick with the national audience. Then it went to Fox Sports then to the local FS which is where I see it now. No matter how much some people like it not enough do.

Then you also have to consider chess, card players...

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The so-called, duplicate poker can only become the Olympic discipline. In it the duplicate principle, for a long time and successfully applied in the bridge is used. Its essence consists that on all tables the same distributions are at the same time played. Thus, the sports principle of fair competition tries to obtain.

M

malaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its easy game,wait for AA and dublle up`!lol