DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These days, I'm getting irritated and impatient when I play, so I'm cutting back on my poker playing days and time.
My friend, but have you tried to find out why you feel this way? As I said in some comments like this, the ideal is to act on the cause, otherwise, this will never stop. Surely you don't just feel that way about poker, right? Stress and irritability should arise in other situations in your life, whether in traffic, with people who do things that you think they shouldn't do, among other possibilities...
So my friend, try to find out why you feel this way, it's the best way to eliminate it, it becomes easier.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel everything from total relaxation to anxiety, and everything in between. I also know that I cannot allow those things to affect how I play, and they don't.
Very cool Emily, the important thing is to keep your mind healthy.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel free and I'm in a whole different world for about 2-4 hrs lol. Please don't bother me ✋️
I just didn't understand the meaning of free... is your mind or "person" free?
But don't stress, I won't bother you lol

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First of all. Emotion, pleasure, I feel my adrenaline rise all over my body, I am happy when I play... and when I lose frustration
It's natural to feel all of this, the important thing is how to deal with them.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i take it one flop at a time
Staggering and solving one at a time is an interesting strategy. But just be careful not to let them accumulate and suffer from them.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I play poker I feel a lot of emotions, the adrenaline is 100% when you play poker with real money, that's why it's one of the best games.
Yes, adrenaline gives us a lot of stimulation!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel mainly only positive emotions. I feel joy, I feel euphoria, I feel interest and good prospects. Of course, sometimes there are moments that upset me, but in fact I never get nervous and even more so I never feel disappointment, anger or hatred.
Very good to know!!
The important thing is to maintain the vibrations of these positive feelings for as long as possible!

The ideal is for every human being to act this way!!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At the moment I'm feeling frustrated and angry, I'm in a really bad moment with bad beats and several set outs on the river. Total tilt moment. But I didn't give up, I'm studying and I keep playing That's what I saw from some professionals. That we can't stop trying and understand the error. I'm playing very lightly with just 50c and a few games to learn to control my emotions and thus progress
Ingryd, sometimes a break to study won't hurt you.
See: before starting, you need to understand the mathematics of the game, there are many books and materials out there, including a course here at CC.
If you have already mastered this, it is an emotional issue and from my own experience, the consequences of these negative feelings must reflect on your personal life.

So take a break and understand what and why you are feeling.
Example, a bad beat of 2 outs on the river, we usually want to blame the site or the player's momentum. But this is excellent, because in the long term, he only wins 4 hands out of 100. So we found a player to be explored and not to be the focus of our stress.

This is one of the emotional analyzes you can do to alleviate all these negative feelings.

Another point that helps a lot is to divert your thoughts. When you realize that you are thinking something bad, think of something that makes you smile, a material dream, something that changes your frequency. And when you eliminate, maintain that vibration. Maybe it will help you.

Also, study the game :)

O

Ottohenrique 12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game ends up awakening feelings such as anger, despair, frustration, acceptance, and pride in me

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anger almost always! LOL

The truth is that poker is an uncomfortable game.
Our ego is often a big problem at these times. Getting used to losing is almost always a problem for the standard human being.
This is something that I admire about poker, I mean, it teaches us to be more humble and act more with our minds than our impulses (at least we try, right?!)

Have you ever read 'The Mind Game of Poker' (Jared Tendler)?
I really liked the psychological approach he brings.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't read any comments! I just want to say that I always want more!😋

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you feel when you play Poker, joy, sadness, stress, anger, hate?

Unfortunately, the dark side of this beloved game of ours exists and there are people who are harmed by it, for example, by gambling money on basic bills, rent, or simply selling everything and losing at the table.

So I decided to create this post to help us all so that we can be alerted to small emotional deviations that we often don't notice.

I'll start with myself:

I always had bouts of emotional anger, that is, verbal outbursts until the moment I managed to stabilize, but this wasn't always quick, sometimes it lasted for hours. And all this imbalance even if you master the game's mathematics and understand the state of variance.
I tirelessly searched for ways to control these feelings, but everything seemed superficial... I looked for several books on self-control, but it wasn't enough.
So I decided to start meditating with breathing exercises, it helped, but up to a point I was having crises again.
What definitely helped me with this was realizing my mental state and that detailed care is necessary, and this I only realized with a pseudo science based on a Christian religion (But the purpose of this post is not to talk about religion, beliefs or conversion, just I'm telling my case) which helped me learn to control my thoughts by acting on the cause and preventing it from creating a snowball.
Did this change me from water to wine? No, but it has allowed me to understand things in a much better way and is helping me to progress, improving my results with Poker and in life outside the tables.

So, my friends, if you feel comfortable, share your difficulties and/or help by giving each other advice.
Your emphasis on self-awareness and the importance of understanding one's mental state is crucial. Recognizing the triggers and taking preventive measures to avoid emotional snowballing can make a significant difference in both poker and life outside the tables.

It's inspiring to hear that your journey, including insights from a variety of sources, has led to personal progress and improved results in poker. Sharing such experiences fosters a supportive community where individuals can learn from each other and provide valuable advice.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if you cannot learn to control your emotions, then you need to quit poker, otherwise the profits from poker will not cover the costs of treatment.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The game ends up awakening feelings such as anger, despair, frustration, acceptance, and pride in me
It's natural my friend, we deal with sentimental energies, try to evaluate your negative points and work on them... Don't try to eliminate them quickly, it's continuous work and sometimes even complex at the beginning, but it will always ease.
Try to act with the opposite, for example:
Love for others (anyone, even if they are not part of your family or friends), exercising calm, joy in reaching your goal and humility, the more you work on the positive side, the easier it becomes to eliminate vices from the mind.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anger almost always! LOL

The truth is that poker is an uncomfortable game.
Our ego is often a big problem at these times. Getting used to losing is almost always a problem for the standard human being.
This is something that I admire about poker, I mean, it teaches us to be more humble and act more with our minds than our impulses (at least we try, right?!)

Have you ever read 'The Mind Game of Poker' (Jared Tendler)?
I really liked the psychological approach he brings.
You were perfect my friend, the Ego is humanity's problem.

But from the moment that human beings understand the importance of carrying out an intimate reform, human progress will be intangible.

About the book, I have it, but I haven't managed to read it yet. I believe that next month or the next I will be able to read it. I usually read 3 books simultaneously, and it's been in the queue since last year lol.
But it will be one of the next ones.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your emphasis on self-awareness and the importance of understanding one's mental state is crucial. Recognizing the triggers and taking preventive measures to avoid emotional snowballing can make a significant difference in both poker and life outside the tables.

It's inspiring to hear that your journey, including insights from a variety of sources, has led to personal progress and improved results in poker. Sharing such experiences fosters a supportive community where individuals can learn from each other and provide valuable advice.
Thank you for your words my friend, this is really my intention, to help my neighbor in whatever way I can.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that if you cannot learn to control your emotions, then you need to quit poker, otherwise the profits from poker will not cover the costs of treatment.
There is no need to give up, because no one is born knowing, but it is natural for human beings to close a door instead of lending a hand.

That's why it's necessary to constantly analyze yourself, evolve, have empathy and compassion, because only then will we have a better world!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I'm playing because I really want to play I feel happy, excited, but when I play just because I have nothing better to do I don't feel anything.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what I feel most are frustrations, but I love the deck, so I move on.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At the beginning I feel confident, depending on how the tournament goes I start to get impatient, if I get a bad beat I get tense, but from then on I start to play very safe...