DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do you feel when you play Poker, joy, sadness, stress, anger, hate?

Unfortunately, the dark side of this beloved game of ours exists and there are people who are harmed by it, for example, by gambling money on basic bills, rent, or simply selling everything and losing at the table.

So I decided to create this post to help us all so that we can be alerted to small emotional deviations that we often don't notice.

I'll start with myself:

I always had bouts of emotional anger, that is, verbal outbursts until the moment I managed to stabilize, but this wasn't always quick, sometimes it lasted for hours. And all this imbalance even if you master the game's mathematics and understand the state of variance.
I tirelessly searched for ways to control these feelings, but everything seemed superficial... I looked for several books on self-control, but it wasn't enough.
So I decided to start meditating with breathing exercises, it helped, but up to a point I was having crises again.
What definitely helped me with this was realizing my mental state and that detailed care is necessary, and this I only realized with a pseudo science based on a Christian religion (But the purpose of this post is not to talk about religion, beliefs or conversion, just I'm telling my case) which helped me learn to control my thoughts by acting on the cause and preventing it from creating a snowball.
Did this change me from water to wine? No, but it has allowed me to understand things in a much better way and is helping me to progress, improving my results with Poker and in life outside the tables.

So, my friends, if you feel comfortable, share your difficulties and/or help by giving each other advice.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Playing poker for me is an exciting and strategic experience. I experience a unique combination of excitement and focus, as each hand presents unique challenges and opportunities. The mix of uncertainty, calculated decision making, and the ability to interact with other players at the table creates a fascinating and dynamic environment. Furthermore, poker is not only a game of skill, but also a source of social camaraderie, making each session memorable and personally rewarding.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
when i play Poker i feel a lot of deferent emotions, some times adrenaline up some times happy, sad , tilting , lol it depend on results.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
When i play i feel joy and fun. I try to keep my emotions to myself in order to prevent unnecessary bets, but it doesn't always work out

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I feel interest in the game itself, of course sometimes there is adrenaline, but this is usually only for cash game

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do you feel when you play Poker, joy, sadness, stress, anger, hate?

Unfortunately, the dark side of this beloved game of ours exists and there are people who are harmed by it, for example, by gambling money on basic bills, rent, or simply selling everything and losing at the table.

So I decided to create this post to help us all so that we can be alerted to small emotional deviations that we often don't notice.

I'll start with myself:

I always had bouts of emotional anger, that is, verbal outbursts until the moment I managed to stabilize, but this wasn't always quick, sometimes it lasted for hours. And all this imbalance even if you master the game's mathematics and understand the state of variance.
I tirelessly searched for ways to control these feelings, but everything seemed superficial... I looked for several books on self-control, but it wasn't enough.
So I decided to start meditating with breathing exercises, it helped, but up to a point I was having crises again.
What definitely helped me with this was realizing my mental state and that detailed care is necessary, and this I only realized with a pseudo science based on a Christian religion (But the purpose of this post is not to talk about religion, beliefs or conversion, just I'm telling my case) which helped me learn to control my thoughts by acting on the cause and preventing it from creating a snowball.
Did this change me from water to wine? No, but it has allowed me to understand things in a much better way and is helping me to progress, improving my results with Poker and in life outside the tables.

So, my friends, if you feel comfortable, share your difficulties and/or help by giving each other advice.
I'm glad Diego found a solution, he was seeing that he lives in brazil, who knows we can be neighbors and exchange some good conversations, you can send a message in private

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All of these are listed. Everything depends on the course of the game and its level.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I feel everything from total relaxation to anxiety, and everything in between. I also know that I cannot allow those things to affect how I play, and they don't.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
I feel free and I'm in a whole different world for about 2-4 hrs lol. Please don't bother me ✋️

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
First of all. Emotion, pleasure, I feel my adrenaline rise all over my body, I am happy when I play... and when I lose frustration

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work with big and small emotions, but I feel very free and I have a lot of fun playing even when I lose.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I feel mainly only positive emotions. I feel joy, I feel euphoria, I feel interest and good prospects. Of course, sometimes there are moments that upset me, but in fact I never get nervous and even more so I never feel disappointment, anger or hatred.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
O que você sente quando joga Poker: alegria, tristeza, estresse, raiva, ódio?

Infelizmente, o lado negro desse nosso querido jogo existe e há pessoas que são prejudicadas por ele, por exemplo, apostando dinheiro em contas básicas, aluguel ou simplesmente vendendo tudo e perdendo na mesa.

Resolvi então criar este post para ajudar a todos nós para que possamos ser alertados para pequenos desvios emocionais que muitas vezes não percebemos.

Vou começar comigo mesmo:

Sempre tive crises de raiva emocional, ou seja, explosões verbais até o momento em que consegui me estabilizar, mas nem sempre isso foi rápido, às vezes durava horas. E todo esse desequilíbrio mesmo que você domine a matemática do jogo e entenda o estado de variância.
Procurei incansavelmente formas de controlar esses sentimentos, mas tudo parecia superficial... Procurei vários livros sobre autocontrole, mas não foi suficiente.
Então resolvi começar a meditar com exercícios respiratórios, ajudou, mas até certo ponto voltei a ter crises.
O que definitivamente me ajudou nisso foi perceber meu estado mental e que cuidados detalhados são necessários, e isso só percebi com uma pseudociência baseada em uma religião cristã (Mas o objetivo deste post não é falar sobre religião, crenças ou conversão, só estou contando meu caso) o que me ajudou a aprender a controlar meus pensamentos agindo sobre a causa e evitando que ela criasse uma bola de neve.
Isso me mudou da água para o vinho? Não, mas tem-me permitido compreender as coisas de uma forma muito melhor e está a ajudar-me a progredir, melhorando os meus resultados no Poker e na vida fora das mesas.

Então, meus amigos, se vocês se sentirem confortáveis, compartilhem suas dificuldades e/ou ajudem dando conselhos uns aos outros.
At the moment I'm feeling frustrated and angry, I'm in a really bad moment with bad beats and several set outs on the river. Total tilt moment. But I didn't give up, I'm studying and I keep playing That's what I saw from some professionals. That we can't stop trying and understand the error. I'm playing very lightly with just 50c and a few games to learn to control my emotions and thus progress

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try not to feel. Just play the cards and zone out. Try to keep emotions out of the game. More easily said than done however.
Exactly, but think about the pressure cooker left on the fire, what will happen? So the best thing to do is find out why in these moments of slump you feel like this and act with focus to find the solution. Take the test and then tell us what the results were.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing poker for me is an exciting and strategic experience. I experience a unique combination of excitement and focus, as each hand presents unique challenges and opportunities. The mix of uncertainty, calculated decision making, and the ability to interact with other players at the table creates a fascinating and dynamic environment. Furthermore, poker is not only a game of skill, but also a source of social camaraderie, making each session memorable and personally rewarding.
Without a doubt my friend, Poker is an amazing game.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i play Poker i feel a lot of deferent emotions, some times adrenaline up some times happy, sad , tilting , lol it depend on results.
Yes, it always would. As Newton says: "To every action there is a reaction." The important thing is how you react to it!!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When i play i feel joy and fun. I try to keep my emotions to myself in order to prevent unnecessary bets, but it doesn't always work out
Yes, because it will always be a whirlwind of emotions, because we are human and we are in uniform with this.
The most important thing is what it says at the beginning, maintain positive emotions for as long as possible, equalizing your body and mind.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel interest in the game itself, of course sometimes there is adrenaline, but this is usually only for cash game
Interesting, in the other formats you don't feel variations in emotions? Or do you only play Cash?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm glad Diego found a solution, he was seeing that he lives in Brazil, who knows we can be neighbors and exchange some good conversations, you can send a message in private
In a continental country, it would be a funny coincidence lol.
But that's ok, you can send a message without any problems, I always do my best to respond to everyone who does this without any problems!!