What do you do when you lose a game or tournament.

C

ccmonrivah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get angry,but now I know how some ppl play,n they win with stupid cards,so sometimes I play with lo cards n win,so just play,not worth getting ugly over,gl all:secruity:

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I just read about a player slamming the mouse into the wall when he looses.

Do you do something like that?

I myself takes the power from the laptop and slam the computer into the table.

I don't do that! If you have that much anger you should get a punching bag, or smoke a cigarette or something to get your blood pressure down. Emotions are an anchor in poker. Don't let em drag you down!

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I yell once out of disgust, and often include swear words. I'm usually pretty good at keep a level head, but no matter how hard I try not to get mad, people's donk plays just piss me off. #stillworkingonit

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, it helps soothe making love))) I personally do.

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably spend a few minutes on how my pocket QQ or KK or even aces lose to an inferior hand such as A5 or 88 or 74. Then I question my solid gameplay thinking as if it is as really solid as I think.

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get a cup of coffee and look for a new game to play.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time it doesn't bother me as I play regarding solid BRM....
Getting eliminated in a tournament is part of the game and financially it won't kill me.

Still ther's moments where having a very nice stack, going all-in with an almost nut hand and close to a deep run, losing it to some runner-runner made hand makes me feel like....darn.....
But that's more because of seeing a potential deep run dissapear.
It's definitely not because of losing a buy-in.....I don't care about that.

So what do I do ?

Just start another one but if I hate the losing hand.....I go do something else like reading a book , watch some tv-series....go outside....whatever to relax....

Last edited:
G

gencoal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Move on... pour a coffee ..read the news play again ...maybe say ahhhhhhhhh.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I just read about a player slamming the mouse into the wall when he looses.

Do you do something like that?

I myself takes the power from the laptop and slam the computer into the table.

Hi There
I saw that post and replied to.
The thing is to take a deep breath a break and a cup of coffee and go to another game
Cheers

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will depend on my mood, I can move on to the next game as if nothing had happened, and I can be upset and not play poker for a week.

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just goto youtube and watch phil ivey play :D haha

M

milo79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to think about it

did i play good or no in the game?

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i lose in a tournament, i search for another:D:D:D

its true,

regards.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i lost with AA to 96, so what to do, go and see what is going on on CC. :)

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Stomp my feet and cuss out the dealer, then I cry and throw my computer against the wall!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not do this, because I do not see the point,you will not change anything and time will not return.So I open the beer and go to watch a good movie:cool:

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Good theme.A long ago I very in earnest behaved to the poker.Not winning I was angered, broke up nothing, but a mood was terrible.Now I look at a poker as on entertainment.I very like the process of game.I do not get irritated when I do not win, sometimes I laugh even.As well as yesterday there was a good game in social фриролле.But I can not whip off АА when a competitor goes the vole.As a result I abandon a tournament.Offensively and merrily.And I dreamed already, to be in a prize zone.But there will be other tournament and maybe for me he will be happy.Can try to visualize that I am a winner?Ideas are material!

Last edited:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always try to keep calm.
If I lose, I try to analyze my game to avoid mistakes in the future.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
annoying loss

Any loss is always a rather unpleasant and sad event in the life of any player. This, as a rule, happens when your good hand was suddenly dominated after a turn or river. Well, of course, the most common situation is when you went all-in with a very high pair and lost to a lower pair. Or your 80 percent was won by hand with 20-30 percent. This happens very often and you have to take it, learn it, more calmly and balancedly. personally, when something like this happens, I just close the poker room and start watching a movie or doing something else on the Internet. or, quietly turn off the computer, with some joy that the hassle is over)))))):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are in tilt it is better to take a break to calm down, you have to accept that in poker it is impossible to win constantly.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I lose in a cheap tournament or freeroll, I’m not very angry that I lost, but it happens when I play a good tournament and get prizes or I lose before the prize zone and my card plays very badly and I fly out of the tournament - then I am very angry, but then I continue to play other tournaments or in a cash game to forget about such a game!

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just doing other things in order not to upset. It helps to relax and with new forces to adjust to the game.

Top 10 Games