What do you do when you lose a game or tournament.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I just read about a player slamming the mouse into the wall when he looses.

Do you do something like that?

I myself takes the power from the laptop and slam the computer into the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What do you do when you loos a game or tournament.

Normally I just move on to the next game or next activity I had planned. If the loss upsets me in some way & if I don't have some other pressing activity planned, I stop playing & try to analyze what upset me & if some decision I made may have led to the result.

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on mood. but in any case I try not to break anything. anger does not help play better.

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing-just relax and enjoy the game
and in most cases I start winning if I stay calm

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually jump into another, unless my emotions are getting the better of me, from getting knocked out deep right b4 money gets good bye a better full house cus he had pockets i couldnt foresee( sorry that just happened to me 5 min ago) then i like to go play chess or something that completely takes my full attention for a while. that way i dont even have time to think about it n after an hr or so not thinking about it u can learn from it. :wavey:

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep going

After losing I keep on going. Unless, ofcouse I am broke or have
Somewhere else to be

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First thing I do is say

"!*#£$%@'#?~$%!"

Then

"Oh Well!"

Drink a cup of tea... Enroll in next MTT

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try and analyze the hand that led to my demise in the tournament. If I played the hand well I move on to the next one. If I played poorly I try and learn from my mistakes as to not repeat them. Breaking stuff is more expensive than losing a few bucks in a game.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I close the poker client and go to do other things. It makes no sense to break things because of a loss. Poker is just a game.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I move on to the next cash game or Tournament. There is always a new game to play.

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
om mani padme om
om mani padme om
om mani padme om
om mani padme om

(Meditation chant that's surprisingly effective for me.)

I get so many bad beats that I'm pretty much void of any emotions after my AA loses yet again to 33 or some equally unlikely hand, and since I never risk any of my own money, keeping any anger in check is much easier. Without exaggeration, I get beat about 80% of the time when I dominate the other player all-in. It's the weirdest thing, but it's been happening like that for years at PS. I have no trust in the integrity of pokerstars, but since I'm risking nothing and know very questionable dealing algorithms are involved, I just laugh off the amazing string of bad beats and wait for the next opportunity to get screwed.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
see if there is anything to learn from my loss , what mistakes i have done and what induced me to do such things and if i am a little tilted about the loss i close the client and do something else , there is no point to play when tilted since you wont be concentrated to play your A game and would finish bleeding your bankroll.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've seen more experienced players that set the window to close alone and avoid stress when you lose a tournament. In my case, there are two possibilities: analyze my hands or close the program to do another thing.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to be careful when you releases you anger not to damage any of your equipment.
It has to be ready for the next game. :)

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Self evaluation immediately. Review the hands that gave me problems and realize when and why take wrong decisions...

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just taking a break in the hope that the next time the game will be better.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker it was something horrible loose tournament i was very nervous on that time. It was ending with broken keyboard even :) Now nothing can get me upset even if i loose very quick.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After I lose a tournament I replay the game in my head and make an assessment of my game. If I played well I move onto the next one, if I played poorly I try to figure out a way to play better before the next tournament.

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn poker and go for a walk if the weather is bad, you watch a movie

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the blinds, I rebuy.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As often as I lose I feel the question here is what do you do when you win a tourney.. My response to that is.. When I win I will let you know!!

Ah but seriously it depends on how upset I am. I've closed it down and put on a movie.. played a game.. stuff like that. If I'm in a foul mood I find it can get expensive(relatively speaking) rebuys on tilt are truly not the way to go. Usually a short break to reset is the path I choose.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As often as I lose I feel the question here is what do you do when you win a tourney.. My response to that is.. When I win I will let you know!!

Ah but seriously it depends on how upset I am. I've closed it down and put on a movie.. played a game.. stuff like that. If I'm in a foul mood I find it can get expensive(relatively speaking) rebuys on tilt are truly not the way to go. Usually a short break to reset is the path I choose.

An interesting question, what do you do when you win a tournament?

I myself go and find my one and only poker buddy and tell him about my good luck. :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course it tends to get on my nerves at the beginning. but after that, the first question that I ask myself, did I play well? what are the mistakes I made? What can I do to succeed in achieving my goal? if i realize that i have nothing to blame myself then i run a cash game assignment.by cons when i do not play at my A game i try to fix my mistakes by watching more videos on youtube or on twitch he must constantly work his game to improve his chances of winning poker.

Top 10 Games