What Do You Do During the Game to Relax?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only play listening to music and preferably, classical music, I advise listening to ANDRE REIU.

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really not a fan of suggesting it is a good idea to distract oneself while playing. Playing at full attention is hard and you shouldn’t be distracted by something else. You will likely miss key details that could have helped you make the call or the fold that leads you to winning.

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do the same sometimes. Listening music is good, whatching youtube while in the game is not reccomended because we have to focus and pay attention to the game.

Make bad decisions after getting your full attention which means you still have much to learn or maybe you are too tired after spending too much time playing poker.

Like what you do. Lol :D

I agree. Really need to be able to keep focus over long periods of play. If you can’t do that, start with focusing on single table SNGs. Then two table then three table, etc. They are losing out on opportunities to learn and succeed in the current tournament by placing attention elsewhere.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch a basketball or football game.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I must be the odd one out here, as I play poker to relax. Must be the reason why I'm not good at the game.

MikeShayne

MikeShayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like listening to podcasts about poker while playing. Not anything heavy on strategy, but more leaning toward the entertainment side- like player profiles, interviews, etc. I enjoy that as background noise. Just don't want to listen to anything I actually need to pay attention to.

L

leoleiva

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are the things i do during the Game.

In Fact i don´t like to Relax totally when i Play because i could be sleepy, and i need to be alert to each important hand, and i prefer to ear youtube music, drink coffee o hot chocolat, some times i check my whatsapp msjs or facebook, but I don´t like anybody talk to me while i am playing.

Nick leoleiva

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When playing online, I often play other kinds of games on my ipad and watch TV. At least the TV is on in the background.

When playing live, I seldom do anything else but play. I may occasionally check the game on the TV or TVs, but my primary focus is the game.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do practically the same as you, I watch TV, I talk to other people of poker on Facebook, once I am in the game with a good stack I pay more attention to the table, Anyway, I continue with some kind of distraction and try to play strong hands and if it is in defining stages the attention is complete in the game and the tranquility comes alone.

X MaCs X

X MaCs X

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually listen to lighter music, But i'm gonna try a couple suggestions I saw here, two i might try are, light workouts,and reading a book, just cause both do something postive for me while i play aswell.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im shortstack and in push-fold mood until i get good jaming hand i do pushups,jump around room to the rhytam of music just to relise stress and presure...works great

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I used to smoke and drink a cup of coffe , good times that passed lol . I close my eyes and rest for a while , I go to the bathroom or kitchen to prepare sth to eat/drink for the next hour . I look at the chronometer of the tournament to see when the break starts so as to begin my break at once or seconds earlier . Music is off to calm completely .
But rarely , I hate this , I don't do what I said before , instead I look at my mistakes and I get tilted and more tired , that's very bad , I try not to repeat it in the future :)

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often watch videos on YouTube and communicate with friends, my game runs correctly and without unnecessary emotions

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to everyone, I had a problem how to relax during the game. I will use different methods now

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually I am very focused on the game and don't listen to music watch videos it is extremely rare when not in the mood for games looking parallel to the film

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
during the day you need to drink some fluids (soda, mineral water and eat something like nuts, chocolates) during the night try something like tee or oranges.
that way you keep yourself busy and relax. Also music helps but not too laud.

Top 10 Games