P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Sometimes this style of play is necessary but at the beginning of the game I find it unnecessary.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually they like to play on the bubble in a tournament, spending as much time as possible and playing slowly)

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A slow roll is different from slow play, not really a fan of either...
In this hand, Matusow was doomed to lose a lot of chips. All-in preflop looks ridiculous. Villain is unlikely to fold a pair of 55s on a 4-5bet. Check-fold on the turn after a suspicious post-clap call? Given the fact that we see the open cards of the players, a stronger pair or 5 is already being read, but if someone managed to see a five or four of a kind here, then he should not be sitting on the cardschat forum, but at the final table of the world series.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some players love slowed game, it's normal, some players love fast game, it's normal too

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The practice of slow rolling in poker is highly controversial and is generally considered a violation of fair play and game etiquette. It is important to point out that most poker players and professionals strongly discourage the use of this strategy. However, to develop a positive argument, we can explore a possible point of view:

Psychological tactic: In certain extremely specific cases, some players argue that slow rolling can be used as a psychological tactic to gain an advantage over the opponent. By prolonging the reveal of a winning hand, a player can try to unsettle the opponent, creating suspense and anticipation. This could cause emotional discomfort and influence the opponent's behavior in subsequent hands.
While this argument may seem tempting in theory, it's important to point out that game ethics and integrity are core values in poker. Slow rolling is generally considered unethical and disrespectful, as it detracts from the gaming experience for other players by creating an atmosphere of distrust and mutual disrespect.

It is important to note that most poker rooms and tournament organizations strongly discourage the use of slow rolling, and some even consider it a violation of the game rules. In many cases, a player can be penalized or even banned from participating in future events for using this strategy.

It is therefore highly recommended to take a respectful and ethical approach to poker, prioritizing fair play, integrity and enjoyment for all players involved. Building a healthy and respectful poker community is critical to ensuring an enjoyable and positive experience for everyone involved.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It isn't the best behaviour, but I think it's not wrong. One time, two, okay, but no on the all hands. Sometimes it takes part of strategy to make the opponent worried and let him nervous, trying to get the worst play from him. I don't practice it in most cases.

meagain00

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The practice of slow rolling in poker is highly controversial and is generally considered a violation of fair play and game etiquette. It is important to point out that most poker players and professionals strongly discourage the use of this strategy. However, to develop a positive argument, we can explore a possible point of view:

Psychological tactic: In certain extremely specific cases, some players argue that slow rolling can be used as a psychological tactic to gain an advantage over the opponent. By prolonging the reveal of a winning hand, a player can try to unsettle the opponent, creating suspense and anticipation. This could cause emotional discomfort and influence the opponent's behavior in subsequent hands.
While this argument may seem tempting in theory, it's important to point out that game ethics and integrity are core values in poker. Slow rolling is generally considered unethical and disrespectful, as it detracts from the gaming experience for other players by creating an atmosphere of distrust and mutual disrespect.

It is important to note that most poker rooms and tournament organizations strongly discourage the use of slow rolling, and some even consider it a violation of the game rules. In many cases, a player can be penalized or even banned from participating in future events for using this strategy.

It is therefore highly recommended to take a respectful and ethical approach to poker, prioritizing fair play, integrity and enjoyment for all players involved. Building a healthy and respectful poker community is critical to ensuring an enjoyable and positive experience for everyone involved.
ok ChatGPT thanks

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that this is acceptable in cases where a pay jump is expected in the next hands and it makes sense to play for time

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think, a lot depends on the setting. In televised or streamed poker like the Deep vs. Matusow hand slowrolling contribute to the entertainment, and players should be able to handle that as well as general table talk. Among people, who know each other, like for instance a home game, it can also contribute to a fun atmosphere, if everyone are ok with it. But among strangers in a public cash game or tournaments its bad style, and generally nothing good will come from it.

But with that being said there is also a lot of hysteria around slowrolling. Some people think, they are being slowrolled, whenever the opponent takes a bit of time to call with a better hand, even when its not the nuts. And ultimately it dont affect the outcome of the hand. So mostly people should just get over it instead of going on a tirade like "OMG someone slowrolled me, this is the worst thing ever", as for instance Matusow did in that hand.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing slow in certain stages of the tournaments is essential, doing that will get you into prizes or win an entry for being focused on the development of the game, it is very nice to see that many do not do it because that helps a lot with that strategy at key moments

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If it's not forbidden, then it's allowed.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I don't like it because I find it nerve-racking.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is an unnecessary evil. I don't like it and I don't do it.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Slow rolling in poker is generally considered bad behavior and is widely regarded as poor sportsmanship. It goes against the principles of fairness, respect, and etiquette that are valued in the poker community. Slow rolling is seen as disrespectful to opponents and can create a negative atmosphere at the table. It is important to promote a fair and enjoyable playing environment by treating opponents with respect and avoiding actions that may be viewed as unsportsmanlike, such as slow rolling.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well sometimes can work good and sometimes u can lose a lot by doing it i guess when a villain is really agressive can try it.. but normally i wouldnt recommend

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Slow roll it is bad or not?
It is a practice that I really do not like.
You can think a hand and it is necessary to do it.
But spending 180 seconds pretending to think for the last 3 seconds to go all-in for me is really stupid.
Greetings:):):)

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me it's simple, if there is something to bet almost always, if something is very close to natsu, then you can think about a slow draw

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes it's necessary, but when you realize that the person is doing it just to annoy you, then you can't like it.

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Depends on the opponent. Good strategy in certain cases, but you shouldn't overdo it.