Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I suppose, it depends to the players in the table,.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you mean slow poker mode it depends on the players some players love fast games some slow someone is ordinary, but based on the player's pace, it depends on someone does not know how to play slowly, he has little patience and someone does not know how to play fast without keeping up with the pace of the game so depending on what kind of player you are and choose the pace

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My advice is: don't do it. You will get nothing but trouble for doing it. It brings no advantage to you.
Maybe the only thing that can do is tilting your opponent, but do you really want to be known as the **** of the table?
I know some players who love to be hated at the table. I don't want to be that kind of person.

When there is the possibility of future action in the hand, you can spend all your timebank and try to represent other hand. But that's not the case in the video above. See the video above: what is the point of slow roll quads facing all-in? There is no future action anymore. Isn't that what we all want? To call an all-in with the nuts? What is the point in slow roll, but just mocking the opponent?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Slow roll it is bad or not?
Hi and welcome to CardsChat MadPanda7, personally I’ve generally thought slorolling is rude and disrespectful but amongst friends I can see how it could be funny… Probably not best done with strangers though..! 😅

How about you, what do you think?

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's a viable strategy when you're the chip leader and the clock is mercilessly ticking down to the next blind level.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all there is quite a bit of confusion about, what a slowroll is, since there are fairly similar poker terms meaning very different things:

Slowroll
A slowroll means putting on an act before calling an opponents all-in with the nuts, when you are closing the action. The Shaun Deep vs. Mike Matusow hand is a good example. Slowrolling dont affect the outcome of the hand but is considered bad etiquette. Personally I am somewhat in between on this, because I find that particular hand hilarious. It was a TV poker show, and Shaun put on some great entertainment for the viewers by doing this slowroll.

In online poker I never slowroll, because I dont want to run the risk of accidentally timing out and having my hand folded. But if you want to do it, you would need to type something in the chat, because otherwise people dont even know, you are slowrolling them. It might as well be, you were just busy with some other tables, or you had a bad internet connection. So online its a bit of a silly move, which mostly just waste everyones time.

Slowplay
A slowplay means playing a very strong hand in a deceptive way by checking or just calling instead of betting or raising. Depending on the situation this can be a good strategy or a very poor strategy. The best time to slowplay is, when the board is very static, and you wont get drawn out on. Like for instance you have JJ on JJ2. On this board its almost impossible for your opponent to have connected, so its fine to let another card roll off and give them a chance to either catch up or bluff.

Stalling (playing slowly)
Deliberately slowing down the action is a strategy used in multitable tournaments to increase the chance of making it into the money or getting the next payjump. Its frawned upon by some, and on some sites like ACR they even have rules against it. However on sites, where there are no such rules, like for instance pokerstars or 888 Poker, its a completely legitimate strategy, and if you never use it, you are leaving some money on the table.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do I think about slow rolling?! Hm..,nothing! I merely continue to play in my favorite Poker, adjusting under any situations... That's Life! That's all!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It's a viable strategy when you're the chip leader and the clock is mercilessly ticking down to the next blind level.
Huh?, I'm gonna assume you mean slow play and not slow roll but even that makes no sense as chip leader...

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not cool at all I mean the real sloroll, when you are last to act to a shove all inn and you have the nuts but decide to wait for 30 sec, that is bad!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The time to stall is, if you are very short but have a chance of folding into the money in an MTT. Or if you are a mid-stack in a tough position with bigger stacks on your left. Then you also want to play as few hands as possible, until the bubble has burst. The latter also apply on the final table bubble. As a mid-stack you dont want to play pots against bigger stacks on your left, when its down to the last 10-13 players. So this is also a good time to nit up and stall the action, until the tables have merged to the final table. As the chip leader on the other hand you want to play as many hands as possible, because you have lots of fold equity due to other players risk aversion.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Huh?, I'm gonna assume you mean slow play and not slow roll but even that makes no sense as chip leader...
Yeah, I admit that I was confused by the similar terminology.

If you don't think that stalling makes any sense when you're ahead of everyone else, then ... I disagree with you. I've seen and copied that behavior many times, and it works for me.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It doesn't seem bad to me, it depends on the table you're at and above all on knowing how to vary your style of play, sometimes aggressive and other times passive, for everything at that time it depends on the table and the players.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes the Video above shows Shaun Deeb waiting too long to call Mike's all-in bet I would have snap called so fast my chips would have been in before Mike had chance to move his forward.
Slow playing Quads is one thing, but when a player slows the game down on purpose by waiting before calling what is probably the best hand is just bad etiquette, yes Mike still had a chance of winning if it went runner runner Jacks but the probability of that happening was near on impossible.
Shaun was just Showboating here to make Mike look bad, and in my book it's just bad sportsmanship.

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
oh, shaun deeb enjoined it sooo much, after that the reaction by mikey mouth was so clear, fu...

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Slow roll it is bad or not?
it really depends, there are situations where you have to play this way and situations where you don't. my advice is to read your opponents, see if your card hit the table, if you hit three of a kind or something like that, analyze how they are playing and decide whether to slowplay or not.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's usually a nice play when you flop a set or nut flush, imo. I'd mix it up a bit to keep players guessing.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Not good , many of these tricks or tactics seem unethical many times . but on the other hand , if it's a very important hand , very deep in a tourney for big $$$$ , I guess it would cross the mind of many or most people to use some tricks in order to make the opponent lose . What tricks are understandable to use and what is unethical and what is forbidden varies among people or in different times and places .

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never do that ..but I quess if you want to behave badly to anyone , in poker, this is one way to do it ...

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'm not a huge fan of slowroll as it doesn't really bring anything else than tilting other players. If you want to be seen as a dick at the table then that surely is the strategy to go for I guess.

As for slowplay and stalling I see nothing wrong with it. Slowplaying some of your hands are integral part of game to throw your opponents off and also achieve some tilt from others and sometimes this is not a bad thing. Stalling to get in the money is also OK in my opinion. At the end of the day if you're not doing it when everyone else is doing it before bubble, you're just hurting your chances to get in.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like to play fast but I have nothing against those who play slower, they have their reasons, I'm not interested

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Slow poker favorably contributes when it is close to prizes, no one wants to lose in a bubble, situations are different, maybe a player needs to urgently do something or something else.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not prohibited by the rules, so the player himself determines how to play his hand. Moreover, when playing a strong hand slowly, he either lacks chips or gives his opponents a free card and gives them the opportunity to collect a stronger combination. So one can only rejoice if there is such a player at the table. It is important to recognize it in time and not run into a trap, and this already depends only on you.