what to do on bad days

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing to do, just move on. The bad beats is part of the game, it happens in all sports, so just know that it is bad but get over.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would suggest next options: make love, workout/gym, watch films, tv shows, listen to a favorite music, cook something tasty, play freerolls.

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going for a run or going out to do some sport to relax

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do other things that I like to clear my mind, and I try to completely disconnect from poker, after a few hours I try to continue learning by analyzing hands, watching poker videos and with the content that is here, it gives me energy to do that, by next day I have the same desire to play:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
With the time I have playing and with the large number of badbeats I suffered, I realized that in my case, it is necessary to stop playing for a while and do another type of activity. When I get into that bad streak I usually start making bad decisions ..... This is why rest is so necessary. Regards

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just stop playing for a while..

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I tilt and lose even more money, try and avoid this if possible....

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For my account pokerstars have arranged terrifying days for several months now. And the end to this mockery is not visible. Doubts about the justice of the games in this room just go away.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I now just pack in playing, get the rods out and go fishing.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is probably the most sensitive issue. I myself don’t know what to do. I play next. I enter the tilt. And this is bad ((

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break, don't cramp up the game if you're on the wrong streak. Try to keep yourself busy with something or someone.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
If bad day means more bad choices, wrong decisions or something else which influence negative enough your game, break can help.

Its about how you control your emotions. That what makes poker day good or bad. Better control, smaller influence, -so small that playing can still be profitable.

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I agree with most of the people here. I've seen tilts and continuing rage-registering destroy bankrolls. Take a pause and a breather.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way is to make pause without poker.
Just for not to start hate \ stress of it.
I prefer to do some work \ go to a walk or do same housework.
I forbid myself to play. Even with play money \ freeroll.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Just take a brake until you get hungry for poker again - for one it might be a day, for other a week etc.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing you can do is take a break in the game

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really the mental side that gets you going forward when on a bad day.

Many think ( and I've been guilty of it) that they could continue playing and go for the biggest buy in and try to double up to get back to where they were. Sometimes, it can work but, its not a sound strategy on the long run. I just quit the day and appreciate what I still have and give myself the best chance by playing while focused next day. Poker isn't going anywhere but, if you play tilted? you're going back home empty handed.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Take a break, take my mind of off poker doing something else I like (listening to music, watching a series/movie, playing some other game, etc.), and then after 24 or so hours take my brain back to poker trying to figure out what went wrong, what mistakes I may have done or just accepting variance if that is what was the issue.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Take a break, listen to some music and get some sleep.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I take a break, watch movies and a lot of sleep.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On such days, the best option is to stop the game and take a break. The break will save your nerves and your money. Personally for me, a break always helps to resolve this issue.