what to do on bad days

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually, when the day does not add up, take a break, the main thing is not to try to recoup, on a bad day it will only be a bigger drain of the bankroll ...

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
Just shut it off and tale a break/
don't force your luck too much.
Its going to only burn you more.
and yes its from experience.:mad::mad:

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What do they do when they go on bad streaks, what would be the best advice?

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

My advice for bad, is that you have patience, because it is common for an hour to appear, I suggest you take a break for 24 hours, or even a few hours, never continue playing.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad days at poker affect on your state hard if you are deep in poker for a long period of time. For me, when I fall in maybe 2-3 tournaments having almost nuts and afterwards lose with some 1 or 2 outs, then I shut down my computer first step.
Go outside maybe for a fishing or riding bike for about 20-30 km easy mode with some 90 dance music, or work something else that is my hobby, even do some DIY.
I find DIY a lot helping for my bad days, when I'm loser in something convert that into a winner in different job, where you feel good after you finish it.
Knowing that you are making something on your own, give you positive vibe, because you know that you are worth for something.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing and wait for the better days

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If I think it is best to get away, I did not do it after a few days that my hands played well but the river ends up killing me, and playing levels of NL2 and NL5 in the end I lost almost all the bank that I had right now I am starting again to recover my bank

Last edited by a moderator:
pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Take break, enjoy freerolls Or try to understand what's going wrong with you and try to improve

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I have really bad luck days. Just try to take a break, try to calm down and wait for next day, maybe next day will be poker day

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never stop grinding. Make smart decisions.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going to play virtual money tables. So I put my nerves in order.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take a break for some time and come back fresh and with clear mind.

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get outside. If you can devote a lot of time to this and head out on a hike or picnic, great. But if you have a bad day playing , even a short burst of outside time will boost your mood.:driver:

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Find a freeroll and still enjoy the day.
But stop playing for money, frustration takes over.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a deep breath, close your laptop and dedicate yourself to other things than poker so that you can clear your mind, after a few days you will see that you play better and there you will find your good game again ;)

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually lose everything on such days. So I’m not an adviser in such situations.

BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt will consume you if you do not walk away for at least a day or so. Tilt will make you feel like there is no hope, but you can overcome if you know you're a winning player. Stay positive and do something that brings you joy instead if you're running bad.:)

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you use software like HM or PT4 and mainly icmizer.
evaluate your game see the wrong decisions you made and the ones you thought were right if they really were.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Diversify your interests so that the bad days in poker do not take up all your attention and do not affect your mood so much.

When you focus on just one thing and it doesn't work out, you will experience a lot of frustration, so it is advisable to always be able to switch.:)

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing is to stop playing, rest, take a break and try again the next day, with a clearer mind and not be affected by the constant bad results that make us want to recover everything quickly and thus end up losing everything.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stop getting worked up over short term results. everyone has bad days in poker. heck, if you want to call a 'bad day' any day you don't profit, then i'd say 75% of my days are 'bad days' in a given month.

but that's a silly way too look at things because poker isn't a short term game. so, at the end of a month, if i'm still profiting overall, does it matter if 23/31 days are 'bad days'?

mendax996

mendax996

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to do other things that you like and forget about poker. When you are cooldown try to do a review of your last games and identify your mistakes.

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad days

i always log out for a while and get some sleep

N

Norli Pizzolotto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what I always do.

When I am on bad days, I play freeroll or take the day off to relax my mind. Not every day you will win, but the important thing is to know how to stop on bad days. May these days be the time for you to relax and be ready for the next day.