What Are the Biggest Mistakes For Poker Players?

AlexPedsPaps

AlexPedsPaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disregarding the importance of maths to actually make rational decisions. hands can’t always be right just because you feel that it’s the right choice; you have to try and verify it with at least a solid estimate.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely agree that losing focus in a major flaw in my poker playing, along with impatience. Sometimes I'll get lost in the music or being playing a game on another tab and then accidentally make a horrible call when the poker screen pops up in front of my game.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ONE BIG MISTAKE IS SAYING NH WHEN SOMEBODY LOSES AJ AGAINST AK IN A CC FREEROLL AND THE HIGHEST CARD ON THE BOARD IS A T.This is NOT a nice hand, and the loser might remember that in the next freeroll, may play you more often to show you really nice hands

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing too many hands,too much bluff. and invalid bet size:mad:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being a sore loser,,,take it like a man.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of good answers here.

I would add: relax and have a good time no matter the results - it's supposed to be fun.

If you have to sweat every hand then you are playing too high!

Good luck to you! :D

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Biggest mistake is being impatient. You just can't force this game to go in the direction you want it to. Most big pots are taken down by big hands - pure and simple. You can, and should bluff at times, but in the end you're going to need to get some good cards. If they're not coming, the worst thing you can do is get impatient, cuz that's when you start LOSING the big pots.

Yes, a mind in peace, patience and study is the key to winning at Poker.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To me watching TV during the game on the contrary helps. I already noticed the difference. When I watch TV, I play less hands. This means less errors and stack losses.

Okay, you can play less hands, but most of the time you will not know who you're playing against. Even with the help of some HUD.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Disregarding the importance of maths to actually make rational decisions. Hands can’t always be right just because you feel that it’s the right choice; you have to try and verify it with at least a solid estimate.

Without doubt, math is the heart of the game. To think that someone has a hand by feeling is a basic mistake.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I absolutely agree that losing focus in a major flaw in my poker playing, along with impatience. Sometimes I'll get lost in the music or being playing a game on another tab and then accidentally make a horrible call when the poker screen pops up in front of my game.

Exactly, distraction is one of the critical causes for losses in poker.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a sore loser,,,take it like a man.
No problem in loosing here, lots of experience hahaha, but somebody sitting there happy to climb a place up not playing at all should stop ALL activities then ;)

B

brusnikina30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, I agree that playing at several tables is frustrating. you need to dive completely into the game, not to be distracted, to study the players. also the desire to have everything and at once a bad idea.

B

Blake

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
TILT!!!! Biggest mistake you can make. Whatever gets you there let it go, trash talk, bad luck, slow play, players shooting. Whatever it is block it out, each hand is a new game focus on that

E

Ekaterina Danilenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest mistake is to hope for a good hand

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the biggest mistake is that you do not need to sit at the table when you are not focused on the game and distract you from many other factors.

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to play is by playing tight agressive At tournaments someway luck plays a major role in order to run deep

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are different factors or bad actions in a player. Playing slow one hand and giving chances to concretize something to the opponent is one of them. We should not trust that we will win yes or yes. Lying at inappropriate times and playing bad hands are other common mistakes

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing away from the game having your attention elsewhere you need to focus and be very attentive to was going on.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, I agree that playing at several tables is frustrating. you need to dive completely into the game, not to be distracted, to study the players. also the desire to have everything and at once a bad idea.

To play at multiple tables and increase your profit, you first have to increase one table at a time. Example:
2 tables for 20 sessions;
4 tables for 20 sessions;
and gradually increase.
Logic that you need to repair if you are playing poker or just clicking. It is the main at Multi tables.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing to loose and to tight I catch myself once a couple times like today's freeroll I made a lot of mistakes on calling once in chip lead and noticed a lot of players going all in with any pocket pairs and A/? So once corrected I managed to take today's freeroll. Yay me

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake when playing poker, playing is to be decentralized, opening many hands I think I can win and are not good enough, and opening hands with big bets

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many mistakes a player can make, that i'm not gonna list them in this post.