What Are the Biggest Mistakes For Poker Players?

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the biggest mistakes of a poker player is not to play by bankroll management. Even if you are a fish, you can win a little and not lose everything with good bankroll management.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest mistake is tilt,when I try to win back the lost money and lose even more.

FerSilva8100

FerSilva8100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very bad

are many factors by which poker players make mistakes, for example, SLOWPLAY, trying to make bluffs on a table that do not know the players, etc etc ... really are many factors, the losses teach more than the victories, good luck

:star:

great truth, only losing is that we value the hands that we could have simply folded and not a bluff putting all or large of our stack in play.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Characteristics of an anxious person.
Meditation and self control is the key to that friend.

Thanks for your reply DiegoRamos - I believe this to be a truth that speaks to me you are not the first person to suggest meditation ( I used to meditate regularly when I was younger) I should incorporate it pregame and calm myself prior to play - appreciate the comment have a great week! and gl on the felt

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt
Improper BR
Playing too loose (too many hands) and Passive
Limping
Playing out of position
Playing unfocused

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that if I have been playing for more than 4 hours then I tend to get more aggressive and loose focus. I am not as careful to watch trends and pickup on how people bet. I also see that I loose more on probe bets because I am too aggressive. Boiling it down I think it loss of concentration which translate into loosing trends or tells that early on I would have considered.

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not knowing the correct price to pay to complete a request for a flush or sequence, etc ... Some people say that it is not profitable to pay to get it right, but some say that you have to pay to get it right as long as you pay the correct price in relation to the probabilities of completing your hand

C

ChipCommander

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say not knowing when to quit. Most of us have been there. Some bastard makes a terrible play but luck's on his side and he takes your stack. Then 5 minutes later it happens again. You realize that he chances of a 3 outer happening twice in back to back showdown is tiny so you start to fume. You think you can beat luck by playing more. You cannot.

Before you know it, you've put yourself in a hole difficult to climb out of and you have given away weeks of winnings in one session cuz you cannot stop.

That's because you are probably going all in preflop. With 5 unknown cards there will be lots of variance to your bankroll. Same with playing wild loose players, sometimes they get a good hand and its not a good play to fold to them and you lose. I've been down 300BB at a wild table and came back for a healthy win of a few hundred BB''s with the same players who knocked me down 300. Had I not had a fat roll for that limit I would have been out. If you don't have the roll for the next limit up you shouldn't be going all in preflop or playing wild players if your goal is to make sure you don't go broke.