What is the best time to stop playing games?

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just stop playing when I lose the interest in playing, often times Im just tired. After 3 hours of playing it really takes a toll on you mentally.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my case, the best time to stop playing poker is when I can achieve my goals, win a big tournament or reach a million dollars in profits

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you are unable too win that sign you need to stop playing

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There are many reasons for leaving the game.
For example, if you're tired or distracted, cannot concentrate, that's time to leave.
Or if you're tilting it's leaving time also.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
The best time to stopplaying is when youre winning, because the good streak will end and youll start loosing.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thinking about stopping after tripling or doubling can work if you're at a real money table, tripling or doubling in tournaments helps you implement your strategies to the fullest and make the most of your chips.

I think you should stop when you feel like you're not playing at a good level, at least you have to be able to give your 80%. This may be due to fatigue or loss.

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
nếu bạn đang nói về trò chơi tiền mặt thì

1) bạn nên rời khỏi bàn khi bạn nhân đôi, vì khi đó bạn chơi sâu và trò chơi sẽ diễn ra khác đi. Hãy tưởng tượng bạn có 200BB và bạn giữ KK, anh chàng cũng deep 200BB và anh ta all-in, bạn gọi anh ta là bạn có KK, anh ta có AK và flop là Axx:)
vậy là bạn đang thua gấp đôi số tiền mua vào bằng một tay

2) nếu bạn cảm thấy mệt mỏi và bắt đầu chơi khác với mức bình thường
I quit the table when x2 or 3 stacks in the cash game,

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Thời điểm tốt nhất để ngừng chơi là khi bạn đang thắng, vì chuỗi trận tốt sẽ kết thúc và bạn sẽ bắt đầu thua.
Yes, I like it

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
have a game plan either you loose x amount, you stop or win a x amount you stop

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you notice in time that poker has a destructive impact on your life and the life of your loved ones.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you are very tired and out of patience, when you feel that your game is not flowing...

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Talking about cash games, I agree with the stop loss strategy.

When we are losing a lot, it is better to take a break, organize our mind.

I also agree that there should not be a limit on earnings that makes us stop. In this case, I only stop playing when I'm tired.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
The best time to stop playing games is when you are tired and bored of losing too much to refocus.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play cash, then as long as there are players at the table whom you can beat, you should play because no one is immune from bad beats even if you lost a couple of stacks, but if you don’t see weak players, then you shouldn’t play if you won a big jackpot right away, you shouldn’t leave either, then with they don't want to play with you

Mr_Cloud

Mr_Cloud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Ok, I guess I wasn't very precise (my English is not so good as i wish)

Let's assume that with KK you have 75%, i.e. 3:1

Let's assume there is no rake

You win a stack of 100BB 3 times = 300BB
and you will lose this one if you are 200BB deep and not 100BB when playing not deep

300BB - 200BB = 100BB (win)
insted of
300BB-100BB = 200BB (win)

What I meant was that if you play too deep you are breaking the rules of your bankroll management which should be a priority in my opinion.
Moreover, playing deep involves more difficult decisions, and you need to know exactly what you are doing
This is the best post I see so far and I think deep stack play. Can be a lot of fun also

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The optimal moment to end a poker session is a nuanced decision. Ideally, it's when you're mentally sharp and decisions are well-calculated. Signs to stop include fatigue, distraction, or emotional swings impacting play. When profits or losses significantly deviate from your session goals, it's prudent to pause. Additionally, concluding on a positive note, especially after a significant win, ensures a satisfying end, reinforcing a positive association with the game. Knowing when to quit is a skill; it preserves bankroll, mental well-being, and overall enjoyment of the poker journey.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Trying to continue playing while gritting your teeth will usually be a bad idea for most people and can result in even greater losses. You simply will not have clear logical thinking. Close the tables immediately. The game will not escape you if you return tomorrow.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Start when you planned to start. Stop when you planned to stop. Simple as that.

hexplore35

hexplore35

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The best time to stop playing is when you lose AA 3 times at row :)

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
When one begins to feel tired and begins to stop showing an optimal game, and also when one does not have a clear mind free of concerns unrelated to the game, one needs to enter the game with a clear mind to achieve good results, although it is not always possible. since the variance exists

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often hear that if you lose big and tilt, you should leave the table immediately. But many people also say that if you double up or triple up, you should stop. They also agree that you should stop when you get tired and are no longer in your best condition. When is the best time to quit the game in your opinion?
If we're talking about cash games, it's best to leave the table after you've double your starting bankroll. I think this is the most optimal timing. Later you can sit at the table again, but with the money you have already won. It's easier to play psychologically. :geek:

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
u should never play any games, this games are rigged.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think all your answers may be right. The first one is essential, when you're on tilt it's always best to leave the game before you ended up losing more money than you should. The third also is right for me, when you're tired, it's time to leave. The second option you mentioned, I think it depends of the player's feeling. 3x of your buy in is a ok profit, but if you see there are many weak opponents, maybe it's a good idea to play more.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time to stop playing is when you do not feel like playing anymore or if you no longer feel like you have an "edge".

If you are playing MTTs the best time to stop is when you are done with a set.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that as soon as the game is no longer fun, you should stop playing and play again only after a break and you want to play again. Unless, of course, poker is your main place of work.

Top 10 Games