What is the best time to stop playing games?

S

shokoba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
JP
Chips
I often hear that if you lose big and tilt, you should leave the table immediately. But many people also say that if you double up or triple up, you should stop. They also agree that you should stop when you get tired and are no longer in your best condition. When is the best time to quit the game in your opinion?

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
if you are talking about cash games then

1) you should leave the table when you double up, because then you play deep and the game plays differently. Imagine that you have 200BB and you hold KK, the guy is also deep 200BB and he went all-in, you call him you have KK, he has AK and the flop is Axx :)
so you are losing 2x buy-in with one hand

2) if you feel that you are getting tired and start playing differently than you should

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello. The best moment to stop the game or to continue I think you choose it yourself depending on your mood, inclination, desire to experiment, and depending on what you have learned and know for sure that you have to stop for a moment. When things don't go as they should, we always heard to take a break, we didn't take it into account, but maybe it's a good advice.
Good luck in whatever you want to do!

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, I think the best time to stop playing poker is when I'm tired or sleepy.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s better should leave the table if you lose all hands and you have a small bankroll left, you should never try to win back.:(:)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
1) you should leave the table when you double up, because then you play deep and the game plays differently. Imagine that you have 200BB and you hold KK, the guy is also deep 200BB and he went all-in, you call him you have KK, he has AK and the flop is Axx :)
Why do you hate money?

Don't you want to get your money in as a 70% favorite?

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When your game doesn't live up to your expectations!

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I keep playing as long as I still feel good about my game. I quit when I'm tired or my decision making is bad. Time for me is not a factor.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Well it's simple as that - never.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
What is the best time not to play is when you are very tired after work or didn't get enough sleep. The best thing is not to play poker that day or go to bed and then when you wake up you'll be able to download tournaments and play the main thing is to know when you're in better shape and then start playing poker

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on whether you are playing for cash or a tournament. Although, of course, in any case, you should not play if you are tilting, but if you have won a lot, then I see no reason to interrupt the game, apparently today is your day.

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
when your game starts to deteriorate due to tilt, and yes you really need to take a break from poker, at least 2 days a week if you grind for 10 hours or more

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Why do you hate money?

Don't you want to get your money in as a 70% favorite?
Ok, I guess I wasn't very precise (my English is not so good as i wish)

Let's assume that with KK you have 75%, i.e. 3:1

Let's assume there is no rake

You win a stack of 100BB 3 times = 300BB
and you will lose this one if you are 200BB deep and not 100BB when playing not deep

300BB - 200BB = 100BB (win)
insted of
300BB-100BB = 200BB (win)

What I meant was that if you play too deep you are breaking the rules of your bankroll management which should be a priority in my opinion.
Moreover, playing deep involves more difficult decisions, and you need to know exactly what you are doing

robbieb

robbieb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
When you are tired, pissed off after a loss or too intoxicated. These are recipes for careless calls and losing your money.. After someone takes an unlucky loss on a flop and then goes all in in the hand right after. You know it’s an emotional play. But some people expect you to think that.

L

LeonGambler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
You should learn to read yourself. Master your emotion on table is one of the most important things in poker!

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not tired or upset keep going if you are one of the better players , otherwise stop .It doesnt really matter if you are winning or losing as long as you are still reading the opponents properly and making smart decisions .

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When its bed time.
On a serious note, would be if your putting far more money in than receiving or if it is no longer feeling like fun and becoming a chore.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often hear that if you lose big and tilt, you should leave the table immediately. But many people also say that if you double up or triple up, you should stop. They also agree that you should stop when you get tired and are no longer in your best condition. When is the best time to quit the game in your opinion?
The game should bring you pleasure. If the game does not bring you pleasure, there is no point in continuing to play, because it will most likely lead to financial losses. Play while you feel like it. And end the game when you are not interested. If the game does not bring you pleasure, then you will not be able to make money.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Your Bankroll should tell you when it is time to Quit! If it is steadily dropping and you cannot get out of the hole, get out of the game. I limited myself to playing up to 10 games a day buying in for 1% of my Bankroll and could not cash in any of them, So after several hours of just missing out on the Prize table and losing 10% of my Bankroll I quit!
Starting fresh again on the following day, I won 7, came 2nd in 2, and 3rd in another game, making the money in every game and winning my money back plus a few dollars extra. I still Quit because I had played my 10 games Limit This does not happen very often but it shows that sticking to your Limits and playing in the right levels can make you a profit over time.
If you are constantly losing day after day, then I would suggest a lot more study is needed, Watching Videos is fine but if you cannot understand why some players are folding hands you would play, then they make the Final Table and you Don't, Maybe it's time to adjust your game play a little, because obviously you are the one making the mistakes.
Skill comes from spotting those mistakes and learning from them!

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you experience significant losses and feel like you are tilting, it is advisable to move away from the table. The inclination can lead to making impulsive and emotional decisions, which will likely make your situation worse. Taking a break, even leaving the session, can help you regain your composure.

Fatigue and lack of concentration: If you feel tired, distracted or mentally exhausted, it is a good time to stop playing. Concentration is essential in poker, and playing in a less than optimal state of mind can result in poor decisions and losses.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think if you are very tired it is not worth playing. At that point you have to stop playing.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are a cash game player, then yes, at the slightest hint of tilt, it is better to just close it and go rest with the firm confidence that tomorrow you will work on it and try to become better, more stress-resistant. If we are talking about MTT, then there is nothing left to do except gather strength and finish the remaining tournaments as concentratedly and responsibly as possible, but it is definitely not worth registering for new ones.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time is when you're tired and need to sleep. Because if your head is exhausted you won't be able to show your best poker.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to stop if you often make wrong decisions....

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play to win you should stop playing when you know you don't have an edge on your opponents. Seems simple.

Top 10 Games