What is a bad beat?

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bad beat is a hand in which a player who was clear favorite is overcome by a series of improbable events. The boundary between a regular beat and a bad beat varies from player to player. Normally, it is said that if a hand wins and its options to win were about 5-10%, then it is a bad beat, or if a player wins by connecting two perfect cards.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you have aces and the other has 22 and lose at river from another 2!

WOLF55555

WOLF55555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beat- a long streak of failures. It can last for several days and several months.

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a bad beat its when ypur have monster hand and beat with better ...full vs poker in show down hahhaah u have a better chance to win but other pllyer win...

GrouxLive

GrouxLive

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gave this bad beat to a player last night in a MTT... I kind of felt bad. My suited AK over his AK.

DGIPUt9UwAAmVgI.jpg

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For way to many a bad beat seems to be any hand that you end up losing, or loosing, no matter your cards or how you chose to play the hand.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well most of players calls bad beat, some hand where they make mistake(blame luck softver etc)
But this is bad beat.
attachment.php

GrouxLive

GrouxLive

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This just happened to me in ACR's $1500 GTD ($10+$1) MTT. I raised pre-flop to three times the big blind, and he called with a pair of deuces. He then promptly flopped quad deuces, while my KK goes on to flush out.

DGO9LcFUIAEWhZh.jpg

Who calls 3xBB with a pair of deuces, really?

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This just happened to me in ACR's $1500 GTD ($10+$1) MTT. I raised pre-flop to three times the big blind, and he called with a pair of deuces. He then promptly flopped quad deuces, while my KK goes on to flush out.

DGO9LcFUIAEWhZh.jpg

Who calls 3xBB with a pair of deuces, really?

Who calls?? This guy have 4-5 times more chips than you and 3bb is nothing for him mate.. everybody will call in this situation lol

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beat is when you start with the best hand and lose.

J

Jerry Kierl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gave this bad beat to a player last night in a MTT... I kind of felt bad. My suited AK over his AK.

7% chance to win and 90% to tie. I would think it bad if it happened to me.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bad beat is a hand in which a player who was clear favorite is overcome by a series of improbable events

Exactly! If opponent has 15% or less chances, but he still wins, I consider that a bad beat i am suffering.

Gladly at least pokerstars display probabilities, when players are All-in. Otherwise you use those poker odds calculators if dont know the probabilities in head.