Not open for further replies.
1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To win a tournament you need to get all the chips. There will never be a better spot to accumulate a lot of chips than to see 8-9 all-ins before you and you have AA in the BB.

If you have AA the less players in the hand the better dude 8-9 all ins before you means the chances of your aces cracked is much higher. I'm looking to iso when I get AA

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have AA the less players in the hand the better dude 8-9 all ins before you means the chances of your aces cracked is much higher. I'm looking to iso when I get AA

wrong

The more players in the hand, the better. In this case we don't have any chance to ISO since the whole table went all-in.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

wtf?Awful thinking in both cash and tourney play.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you always play AA PF (Unless a sat or DON)

Here is a example where 76s multiway is a favourite it would be even more with the other 22 added.
Hand equity Wins Ties
AdAh 25.35% 12,728 310,070
AsAc 25.17% 11,541 310,070
KsKc 0.59% 72 9,430
KhKd 0.59% 72 9,430
2h2d 19.63% 128,686 2,800
7s6s 28.67% 188,209 2,800

Not like this is ever going to happen :D

Last edited:
calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

.wrong

The more players in the hand, the better. In this case we don't have any chance to ISO since the whole table went all-in.

If this were the case. That as you state the more players in the hand the better. Then why not limp with AA every hand.

Last edited:
micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.wrong

If this were the case. That as you state the more players in the hand the better. Then why not limp with AA every hand.

Is this a serious question?

Baudib was talking about the hypothetical situation where everyone goes all in and you have AA in the BB - even though you only win the hand like 25% of the time or whatever it is, it is still +EV to call/shove because you could increase your chipstack by 9X.

In reality, this scenario won't happen and by limping you allow several shit hands to enter the pot and potentially outdraw you. And if they don't hit anything then they will likely fold and you won't win much anyway. So you should raise AA to build the pot and also, importantly, to reduce the number villains you are up against, and hence the likelihood of being outdrawn.

The crucial difference is that in the hypothetical example the villains are already all in.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you limp, you aren't building a pot. When 8 people go all in in front of you, the pot is as big as it can ever be.

Do you understand simple math?

Say you have $10,000 in tournament chips, as does everyone else at the table. 8 people go all in and you have AA.

35% of the time you will win and have $90,000 chips. The rest of the time you will lose.

Break it down to smaller fractions. Let's say 1 in 3 times you will win and have $90,000. The other times you have 0. On average you will $30,000 by always calling with AA.

If you fold AA, you will have $10,000. Worse yet, someone at your table will have $80,000.

$30,000 > $10,000

and more importantly

$90,000 1 in 3 times + $0 2 in 3 times > $30,000 > $10,000

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Baudib was talking about the hypothetical situation where everyone goes all in and you have AA in the BB - even though you only win the hand like 25% of the time or whatever it is, it is still +EV to call/shove because you could increase your chipstack by 9X.

In reality, this scenario won't happen and by limping you allow several shit hands to enter the pot and potentially outdraw you. And if they don't hit anything then they will likely fold and you won't win much anyway. So you should raise AA to build the pot and also, importantly, to reduce the number villains you are up against, and hence the likelihood of being outdrawn.

The crucial difference is that in the hypothetical example the villains are already all in.

http://youtu.be/LxdmVdruANc

SON! GET EM. Droppin some knowledge on yo ass! :D

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by BovadaReg

Yes my question is serious. They both emphatically stated the more players the better.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thread is an embarrassment to this forum, cardschat feels like some sort of ****in special school atm

Srsly, imagine someone who has a clue about poker, looking for a new forum, dropping into cc and first thing they see is this thread.....

"It's like a bunch of retards tryin to **** a door knob"

A quote that often comes into my head these days lol

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you limp, you aren't building a pot. When 8 people go all in in front of you, the pot is as big as it can ever be.

Do you understand simple math?

Say you have $10,000 in tournament chips, as does everyone else at the table. 8 people go all in and you have AA.

35% of the time you will win and have $90,000 chips. The rest of the time you will lose.

Break it down to smaller fractions. Let's say 1 in 3 times you will win and have $90,000. The other times you have 0. On average you will $30,000 by always calling with AA.

If you fold AA, you will have $10,000. Worse yet, someone at your table will have $80,000.

$30,000 > $10,000

and more importantly

$90,000 1 in 3 times + $0 2 in 3 times > $30,000 > $10,000

That is your opinion how you would play. My opinion is different. As to someone at your table having 80,000 chips they would break the table and you would be moved. If you want to flip at 35% that is fine for you but I would prefer better odds. That once again is my opinion

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhh I visit CC around once a week now because I'm so busy but the last 2 times this guy's threads have brought the lulz. Either a really committed troll or just an actual spazz, <3

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhh I visit CC around once a week now because I'm so busy but the last 2 times this guy's threads have brought the lulz. Either a really committed troll or just an actual spazz, <3
This post was not even about AA it was about who you have a better chance of beating in tournament play. Weekend drunks or serious players. Then it worked into the everyone all in scenario and from there it just ballooned into a cluster %$#@. of opinions.
The reason this post was started was because on the weekends you get more players shoving all in pre with any two cards.
lock_a10.jpg

Last edited:
ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is it even a question? How many drunk recreational fish are there during weekdays than compared to the end of the week, after work ,when they are blowing off steam with a few beers. If you can't handle playing against idiots then maybe you shouldn't play?

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This post was not even about AA it was about who you have a better chance of beating in tournament play. Weekend drunks or serious players. Then it worked into the everyone all in scenario and from there it just ballooned into a cluster %$#@. of opinions.
The reason this post was started was because on the weekends you get more players shoving all in pre with any two cards.

and everyone who posteds point was you have a better time beating the fish, ALL THE TIME. This is why a lot of regs play more on the weekend than they do during the week.

When you reply to this, state, in full, why you believe playing against decent players is better than playing against fish/donkeys/you. I honestly want to understand your theory than resorting to name calling.

Go on, do it.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and everyone who posteds point was you have a better time beating the fish, ALL THE TIME. This is why a lot of regs play more on the weekend than they do during the week.

When you reply to this, state, in full, why you believe playing against decent players is better than playing against fish/donkeys/you. I honestly want to understand your theory than resorting to name calling.

Go on, do it.
My theory is if you look at the pic I posted this kind of crap happens much more on Friday and Saturday nights than on Monday mornings.You get to see more flops when you have a hand like 99. where as if you are sitting in the BB with a tier 3 hand and 4 players are all in ahead of you you have to fold your hand unless of course you want to take the shot and gamble.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My theory is if you look at the pic I posted this kind of crap happens much more on Friday and Saturday nights than on Monday mornings.You get to see more flops when you have a hand like 99. where as if you are sitting in the BB with a tier 3 hand and 4 players are all in ahead of you you have to fold your hand unless of course you want to take the shot and gamble.

Read what Baudib wrote regarding the maths for the hypothetical AA probem (post #57) again/properly, and try to get your head around it.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read what Baudib wrote regarding the maths for the hypothetical AA probem (post #57) again/properly, and try to get your head around it.
I really do not want to get back on the AA subject. This post was not about AA it was about navigating your way through the minefields of the massive all ins during weekend play compared to the more slow paced play of a Monday morning. I have read his post and I do understand exactly what he is saying.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I give this thread 5 stars!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm closing it. Just too stupid to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.