Value of poker. Question for pros and fans.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's say You can estimate value of objects in poker game... value of hands, bets, and so on.

Let's say that human life is not a never ending process and let's say that evolution of individuals character is a key to success and better living.

q1) How would you estimate the value of poker as object inside the timeline that represents your life?

q2) How would you estimate the value of poker for evolution of your character?

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard work
Diligence helps students to diligently study the educational material, not to be lazy to analyze most of the hands played and lay out all dubious hands. Without this quality, it is impossible to advance in training and move to a new level of skill.

Discipline
Developed self-discipline helps to strictly adhere to the established rules of stop losses and bankroll management. The Bulgarian does not try to recoup, does not stay up late and interrupts the session at the time set by him. Discipline does not allow the poker player to succumb to the excitement and immediately put all the chips on the line.

Patience
This quality helps to calmly wait for the next deal, not to fight for the bank with bad cards. A patient player gradually rises to the limits and does not jump over several steps.

Mindfulness
An attentive grinder instantly notes all the important details: what cards are on the board, how opponents react, whether they are playing a normal game or performing unusual actions. Self-control helps to spot a bluffing fish or a reraise of a usually tight opponent in time.

Calmness
Self-control helps players not to show emotions, not to give in to tilt after bad beats and during downswings. Grinder considers failure a natural part of a poker player's career; he is not careful, but he also does not take risks like an ultra-aggressive maniac. Calmness is the most important personality trait in poker.

Bravery
Very tight players are afraid of losing, so they never raise, they throw very carefully and predictably. Courage is essential for an active game in which the poker player raises and bluffs at the right time.

Self-criticism
Objective self-esteem helps the player resist the temptation to move to the next limit: "For me, there is only fish here, so I will win at higher limits too!" A Bulgarian with healthy self-criticism will take part in several distributions and will understand that this level is too high for him, you need to return. A poker player with too high self-esteem will consider such a step beneath his dignity, preferring to deny "the worst of the best."

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker represents in the timeline of my life as a motivational tool to achieve what I want and it allows me to dream and makes me feel happy doing what I like, when I play poker I feel free.
In my evolution as a person, poker has taught me to be patient and to take calculated risks when making decisions in any area of ​​my life.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although poker is a hobby for me, at the same time, poker is an integral part of my daily life. Thanks to poker, I get positive emotions, and thanks to poker, I have become more patient and disciplined in my personal life.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard work
Diligence helps students to diligently study the educational material, not to be lazy to analyze most of the hands played and lay out all dubious hands. Without this quality, it is impossible to advance in training and move to a new level of skill.

Discipline
Developed self-discipline helps to strictly adhere to the established rules of stop losses and bankroll management. The Bulgarian does not try to recoup, does not stay up late and interrupts the session at the time set by him. Discipline does not allow the poker player to succumb to the excitement and immediately put all the chips on the line.

Patience
This quality helps to calmly wait for the next deal, not to fight for the bank with bad cards. A patient player gradually rises to the limits and does not jump over several steps.

Mindfulness
An attentive grinder instantly notes all the important details: what cards are on the board, how opponents react, whether they are playing a normal game or performing unusual actions. Self-control helps to spot a bluffing fish or a reraise of a usually tight opponent in time.

Calmness
Self-control helps players not to show emotions, not to give in to tilt after bad beats and during downswings. Grinder considers failure a natural part of a poker player's career; he is not careful, but he also does not take risks like an ultra-aggressive maniac. Calmness is the most important personality trait in poker.

Bravery
Very tight players are afraid of losing, so they never raise, they throw very carefully and predictably. Courage is essential for an active game in which the poker player raises and bluffs at the right time.

Self-criticism
Objective self-esteem helps the player resist the temptation to move to the next limit: "For me, there is only fish here, so I will win at higher limits too!" A Bulgarian with healthy self-criticism will take part in several distributions and will understand that this level is too high for him, you need to return. A poker player with too high self-esteem will consider such a step beneath his dignity, preferring to deny "the worst of the best."

Being honest your post looks good and has something in it, but being really honest it reminds me a set of perks from the game that I used to play 20-25 years ago. Fallout and Fallout2. Strength, Stamina, Wisdom... and so on. I believe that same set of skills can be found in modern games. And such skills that these games are giving you are often useful only for the world inside the game.

For example - you can't be a great sniper if you have never had a rifle in your hands, but you can be a great sniper in some online 3d shooter.
Poker related example - you can calculate odds in the field of 52 cards and 4 suits but it doesn't make you a great mathematician, how fast can your brain calculate 27 * 86 = ? (that's a rhetorical question) you won't have good patience for things that require weeks, while you're practicing patience at the poker table, where moves take minutes.

The set of skills that you've described is useful in a very short field. Don't you agree?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker represents in the timeline of my life as a motivational tool to achieve what I want and it allows me to dream and makes me feel happy doing what I like, when I play poker I feel free.
In my evolution as a person, poker has taught me to be patient and to take calculated risks when making decisions in any area of ​​my life.

I believe that you're describing online poker, not live poker. Because it's quite hard to ignore the pressure and too tempting not to apply the pressure at the real table. Also not always poker tables are big enough to let players have big area of personal space. It's easy to feel free and safe and dream about something while you're sitting in front of your monitor. However these feelings are placing you in some sort of cage, the cage that you like. Isn't it? And what is the final goal? What do you want to achieve using poker as a motivational tool?

R

randywalstad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
study the game learn the game always be a student

stay hungry stay humble win or lose when you gamble

Last edited by a moderator: