Trash talking - is it a good `tool`?

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to trash talk other players. I really don't as much anymore. It really isn't worth it to me. All I can do is just keep playing my game. All I can say is that's poker, dust yourself off and try again :). Good Luck to everyone. :)

A

antukin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thrash talking makes people target you..And by that, they tend to forget and would play any hands to bust you out... So play only good hands. just my personal opinion btw.

Rain92

Rain92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was this one guy trash talking me the whole time in a hu game but I just ignored and he finally lost. Just shows that remain calm is the key in these situations.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was this one guy trash talking me the whole time in a hu game but I just ignored and he finally lost. Just shows that remain calm is the key in these situations.

I agree Rain. You have a lot of patience. :) I would of done the same. Great attitude. :) It's not worth fighting, I think maybe he was trying to tilt you. :D

O

onlinenat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The best way to handle a bad beat in poker— and in life— is to say "NH" and let it go."

is a sig from Bearplay which is by far the best way to handle this imo

LizRang

LizRang

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me "trash talking" doesn't mean calling people donkeys or fish ... I think that's just being a jerk and a poor sportsman.

To me it means holding conversation and watching your opponents while you do ... it means using everything to your advantage which is all the rules of the poker game, your mind, and yes - your ability to distract or throw people off their game verbally or non-verbally. I''m not talking about being totally obnoxious. And it's secondary to the rest of it because if your game sucks ... your mouth isn't going to save it :).