Time for everything

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really that is what you took as disrespectful? After I wrote it and reread it I felt kinda bad bout what I said bout your relationship. Because I was just kidding about that.

However that didn't seem to bother you.:girlshit: No where near as much as me calling a game played via a video program. The definition of a video game...a video game.

That's just a fact... no disputing it. It's a game...written in code....for a computer. That is what a video game is.

:stupido2:
Sorry, if video poker makes you feel better ok, but poker is a game. So I am not sure what you disagree with. I play chronically, enjoy it and make a couple bucks. Don't change what it is. Also if you think the odds online are real world mathematical odds you must be a newb. Sorry, no offense, but these are facts not opinions.
:albertein

Mind if ask your age?

Are you in a serious relationship? If yes, would you mind telling me how does it relate with your chronic video game play time?

And if yes you're in a serious relationship, how do you take jokes people make or might make about it?

I take poker seriously, wouldn't invest as much time, study and money on PUBG or GTA V which are to me totally different from the video game you're referring.

And would you please enlighten the noob here with are the documents and studies that show the diference in odds from live and online poker?

Thank very much respectful master.

Wait anxiously for your enlightened knowledge.

Last edited:
YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Terminating a relationship is not the best option. Just find a job for your girl job. The busier your girlfriend is, the more time you will have for your hobby. :D

She does work man.
And works in the morning.
Days of are Mondays only.

Mornings are my body/mind health time. Run, workout, meditate... Everything in the morning. I have my own business which will now be Thursdays to Mondays 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

So poker time is Thursdays and Wednesdays afternoons and hopefully I'll find time in the mornings for it on the other days.

But don't worry, not breaking up.
No need for such extreme measure.
There's lots of love in the relationship.

And I really appreciate you taking your time to share your opinion on this personal matter of mine.
All of them are really enriching.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could try playing shorter sessions, cash games are great! That way you can up and leave anytime you may need to, I currently do this as I dont have hours at a time to play.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should just talk to her about the whole situation. As much as you think its your time and problem its also hers because she is involved in it. Help her to understand how your feeling and take time to understand how she feels as well. When the two of you work together finding a solution that works for both of you, it would be very good for strengthening the relationship as well. Maybe it will make her feel better being involved in helping to find a solution.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could try playing shorter sessions, cash games are great! That way you can up and leave anytime you may need to, I currently do this as I dont have hours at a time to play.

I rather play cash games too man.

But have no cash for now.

Thanks for sharing.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should just talk to her about the whole situation. As much as you think its your time and problem its also hers because she is involved in it. Help her to understand how your feeling and take time to understand how she feels as well. When the two of you work together finding a solution that works for both of you, it would be very good for strengthening the relationship as well. Maybe it will make her feel better being involved in helping to find a solution.

We're actually taking a break.

There's more stuff on the of the relationship going on.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great advice man.

I knew I would get some not so nice advices. Something like: "You rather play than being with your lady?"

Well, I live in Brazil man. I have a master degree and many of my teachers who are great professionals are unemployed right now. I was living in Los Angeles two years ago was married to a citizen but had to ESCAPE back for the worst reasons ever.

And now I'm unemployed also. This pandemic got in the way too.

So I see poker, not only playing it but hosting games, having something about it in social media and all as means of income.
So I'm not facing poker as hobby. I'm investing time, a little money, intellect and so on to have some income out of it.

But I understand. My relationship well being will also be good for everything mentioned above.

Haha. Sorry cause I replied you with a little influence from the new posts I read.

I really appreciate your reply bud.

Sorry to hear of the troubles my friend! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors going forward. All you can do is keep plugging away and make the best bets possible in life and on the felt! :D

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey felt lovers.

I'm really into improving my poker skills and studying the game. But one thing I'm realizing is that I'll have to manage my time better. Like, my girlfriend comes home in the evening and I rather be playing online at this time. Supposedly its the profit time since most recreational players left work and are home playing. But girlfriend is starting to complain cause I'm not giving her much attention when she's home. And I work in the weekends which is another great time for profits at the online game. So all I have is weekdays evenings. Don't want to break up. Want to paly at the profitable time. Any suggestions?

Best regards.
Yuri Sabino Lopes.
I have the same situation, and I don't know how to solve it myself! Many people here say that you just need to allocate a couple of full days a week to your girlfriend and spend them in a different environment, I think this is the best option, because the family should always come first! Good luck to you and your loved ones!

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, interference from family and girlfriend is normal and up to a point correct, people cannot forget that there is always someone on your side to help and poker you can play anytime.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
compromise my friend
give her time and play once or twice a week

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes you have to sacrifice something for love and nothing can be done about it !!!

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to make a game schedule that fits what you want and that you also have time to spend it with your family and with your girlfriend and friends, as you say there is time for everything, I can advise you to only play 4 times a week and for game sessions of a few divided hours that do not intervene in the moments you share with your girlfriend or family.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can teach your girlfriend the game and cooperate and have fun together!

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to hear of the troubles my friend! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors going forward. All you can do is keep plugging away and make the best bets possible in life and on the felt! :D

I have the same situation, and I don't know how to solve it myself! Many people here say that you just need to allocate a couple of full days a week to your girlfriend and spend them in a different environment, I think this is the best option, because the family should always come first! Good luck to you and your loved ones!

friend, interference from family and girlfriend is normal and up to a point correct, people cannot forget that there is always someone on your side to help and poker you can play anytime.

compromise my friend
give her time and play once or twice a week

Sometimes you have to sacrifice something for love and nothing can be done about it !!!

Try to make a game schedule that fits what you want and that you also have time to spend it with your family and with your girlfriend and friends, as you say there is time for everything, I can advise you to only play 4 times a week and for game sessions of a few divided hours that do not intervene in the moments you share with your girlfriend or family.

You can teach your girlfriend the game and cooperate and have fun together!

We're working it out friends.

I'm using more of my alone time to play and when she's with me we get to do things together.

I'm also narrating some hardships and fun moments during game so she can be part of the thrill of it.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

These are things that some of us must deal with, in my case I have a daughter, she and my wife need attention from me, and the same on weekends when I can earn a little more money, it is the time to give them

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-4 hours a day is enough to play poker. Everything else will be enough time.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
master the cash game you can go in and out anytime you are free

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know what to tell you friend. If you really love your girlfriend, be with her, poker is completely secondary and can be played at any time. Greetings