YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey felt lovers.

I'm really into improving my poker skills and studying the game. But one thing I'm realizing is that I'll have to manage my time better. Like, my girlfriend comes home in the evening and I rather be playing online at this time. Supposedly its the profit time since most recreational players left work and are home playing. But girlfriend is starting to complain cause I'm not giving her much attention when she's home. And I work in the weekends which is another great time for profits at the online game. So all I have is weekdays evenings. Don't want to break up. Want to paly at the profitable time. Any suggestions?

Best regards.
Yuri Sabino Lopes.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've encountered the same problem, and really when it comes down to it, you've got to make sure that your significant other does not feel neglected by your poker hobby. Maybe you could schedule times where she knows you're going to play, maybe one or two days a week, and then schedule times where you guys do something together. Go out, play a fun game of euchre, watch a movie, go on a hike. Whatever it is make sure she knows and feels that it is about her and show her that you care. If she is important to you, it shouldn't be hard. It is also important to note that the profit time you speak of is pretty spread out as you have the US timezones and European timezones, plus everywhere else. Seems like ACR is super super busy around 9 AM PST. My most profitable time have been mornings. Maybe cause I'm fresh with coffee and bagels haha. Also don't discount all those retired folks who like to play all hours as well.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play high stakes heads up poker on bovada or ignition to make some profit in a short manner of time whenever she is sleep. Or try high stakes cash games.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, you have to play only when you have the time and energy:(

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
you should divide your time and never forget family is more important then a game :)

Nochaser

Nochaser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey felt lovers.

I'm really into improving my poker skills and studying the game. But one thing I'm realizing is that I'll have to manage my time better. Like, my girlfriend comes home in the evening and I rather be playing online at this time. Supposedly its the profit time since most recreational players left work and are home playing. But girlfriend is starting to complain cause I'm not giving her much attention when she's home. And I work in the weekends which is another great time for profits at the online game. So all I have is weekdays evenings. Don't want to break up. Want to paly at the profitable time. Any suggestions?

Best regards.
Yuri Sabino Lopes.

Pick your days to play and then the days you spend time with her. So you both win and are happy...

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The problem is quite common.
Your girlfriend should accept you as you are. And in any case, you can always find a compromise that will satisfy you both.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win money in front of her. Buy her a present with this money and she will beg you to play poker.:D

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to alternate, one evening for a girl, another for poker, you may not become a professional poker player, but you can lose a girl, and you will regret it all your life.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to make her "addicted" to poker and play together. I failed so I invited my girlfriend to live together. Fusion works from time to time.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You need to find consensus to reconcile everyone, including yourself!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Compared to ordinary office work, poker has many advantages, let's look at the main ones: Free schedule - you can play at any time convenient for you, and you do not need to get up on an alarm clock to be in time for your workplace. Although, in fairness, it should be noted that poker rooms have peak hours when the maximum traffic is collected. At this time, many professionals prefer to play. Complete independence - poker earning allows you to earn income without bosses and managers. You are your own boss and use your time and resources as you see fit. and if your girlfriend understands this, then that's good)))

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you work weekends then I'm assuming you have free time some weekdays. Play during the day. If the daytime players are that much better (which I seriously doubt) then up your game. If your goal is to play professionally you're going to need to be prepared to play against professional players anyway. If you just want to stay recreational then there's absolutely no reason to risk your relationship over poker. Play when you're alone and leave it at that.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There will be plenty of time to play poker when you retire.

This sounds like manbaby material. Refusing to grow up. If you do not want to give up poker, at the least hook up with a girl that has a similar interest in poker. Life is too short to live with constant squabble.

Imagine the shoe on the other foot. You want more time with your girlfriend, and she has no time for you because there are so many beautiful shoes to admire. She would rather look at a pair of new shoes than look in your eyes. How excited would you look forward for the rest of your life. Knowing a pair of shoes has replaced you.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It shouldn't be difficult to choose between a video game (because that's what it is) and spending time with your female. Are you sure you're actually quite fond of her?

Are you even profitable at the tables? Because if not and you would rather lose money playing video games. Than do the kind if things one does with a lady. Maybe you are just not with the right person.

I like playing in the early early mornings myself. Less fools shoving, the odds are too fallacious online to properly and consistently take advantage. When there are multiple players playing so loose and betting with crap cards because their hot. Often beating much better hands from "cold" players.

Much less of this in mornings. Haven't you ever heard it's hard to outplay bad players, because you can't bluff them out. You better actually have the cards. It's obviously just a figure of speech, but there's a touch of truth to it. Especially online where the cards fall more in the favor of this type of play than the math predicts.

Last edited:
YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've encountered the same problem, and really when it comes down to it, you've got to make sure that your significant other does not feel neglected by your poker hobby. Maybe you could schedule times where she knows you're going to play, maybe one or two days a week, and then schedule times where you guys do something together. Go out, play a fun game of euchre, watch a movie, go on a hike. Whatever it is make sure she knows and feels that it is about her and show her that you care. If she is important to you, it shouldn't be hard. It is also important to note that the profit time you speak of is pretty spread out as you have the US timezones and European timezones, plus everywhere else. Seems like ACR is super super busy around 9 AM PST. My most profitable time have been mornings. Maybe cause I'm fresh with coffee and bagels haha. Also don't discount all those retired folks who like to play all hours as well.

Great advice man.

I knew I would get some not so nice advices. Something like: "You rather play than being with your lady?"

Well, I live in brazil man. I have a master degree and many of my teachers who are great professionals are unemployed right now. I was living in Los Angeles two years ago was married to a citizen but had to ESCAPE back for the worst reasons ever.

And now I'm unemployed also. This pandemic got in the way too.

So I see poker, not only playing it but hosting games, having something about it in social media and all as means of income.
So I'm not facing poker as hobby. I'm investing time, a little money, intellect and so on to have some income out of it.

But I understand. My relationship well being will also be good for everything mentioned above.

Haha. Sorry cause I replied you with a little influence from the new posts I read.

I really appreciate your reply bud.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you should do is to divide your time well during the week, if you play at low levels, it is not a serious problem, but when you play at high levels, you should always be focused, so you have to talk to your girlfriend, and agree on the days you have to see each other, that way you will know what you have to do in the afternoons and evenings and it will not be a headache.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also live in Brazil and sometimes I think late night is the best moment to play with a good number of recreational players, specially in rooms like ACR/BCP that allow US player.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It shouldn't be difficult to choose between a video game (because that's what it is) and spending time with your female. Are you sure you're actually quite fond of her?

Are you even profitable at the tables? Because if not and you would rather lose money playing video games. Than do the kind if things one does with a lady. Maybe you are just not with the right person.

I like playing in the early early mornings myself. Less fools shoving, the odds are too fallacious online to properly and consistently take advantage. When there are multiple players playing so loose and betting with crap cards because their hot. Often beating much better hands from "cold" players.

Much less of this in mornings. Haven't you ever heard it's hard to outplay bad players, because you can't bluff them out. You better actually have the cards. It's obviously just a figure of speech, but there's a touch of truth to it. Especially online where the cards fall more in the favor of this type of play than the math predicts.

Aw man, sorry but this was disrespectful bruh.

Video Game? Even though video games are considered sport nowadays you're disrespecting all the legends from the sport. And some of them got where they are from playing online that is the closest thing to a "video game".

I can see Phil Helmuth flipping, thing THE BRAT would do, with such comment. And wonder what THE KID would say too. Maybe just a smirk haha.

I want to make this SPORT means of income. And my lady lives with me, she's hugging me when I'm playing some times. And I know it's not something you should worry but I do what's need to please her when its time to go to bed. Actually its what pleases us.

Anyways, appreciate your perspective. Just don't agree.

Have a good one.

Buh byyyeee...

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also live in Brazil and sometimes I think late night is the best moment to play with a good number of recreational players, specially in rooms like ACR/BCP that allow US player.

You do?

Should we be doing this in Portuguese then? Haha. And how's things for you in the sport? Where do you live? I've been into it seriously for a year now. The thing is that play money isn't really realistic. But you get to improve anyways. As you said it, the recs are at our night time.

Thanks for the reply bud.

Deus te abençoe.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a similar situation. My girlfriend often takes offense at me for playing poker in the evenings. She thinks that poker is more important to me than she is, although it is not. It is difficult to keep up with everything, so sometimes you have to give up something.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you should do is to divide your time well during the week, if you play at low levels, it is not a serious problem, but when you play at high levels, you should always be focused, so you have to talk to your girlfriend, and agree on the days you have to see each other, that way you will know what you have to do in the afternoons and evenings and it will not be a headache.

Yes man, I agree.

I'm a beginner you know. Learned a few things not be a total a fish but far from a shark. So this reality with the girlfriend is fresh and we're adapting as things go. We've talked about it and we're working to make our times match. Still at the low levels. Can't go high anyways U$ is pretty expensive for Brazilians. Right now it's mostly play money and freerolls. But I'm into it and soon to have a decent bank roll.

Thanks for the reply brotha.
Wish you all the broadways.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There will be plenty of time to play poker when you retire.

This sounds like manbaby material. Refusing to grow up. If you do not want to give up poker, at the least hook up with a girl that has a similar interest in poker. Life is too short to live with constant squabble.

Imagine the shoe on the other foot. You want more time with your girlfriend, and she has no time for you because there are so many beautiful shoes to admire. She would rather look at a pair of new shoes than look in your eyes. How excited would you look forward for the rest of your life. Knowing a pair of shoes has replaced you.

Retire? Not my thing.

Manbaby? Makes me feel like having you next to me in person saying that.

Have good one.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aw man, sorry but this was disrespectful bruh.

Video Game? Even though video games are considered sport nowadays you're disrespecting all the legends from the sport. And some of them got where they are from playing online that is the closest thing to a "video game".

I can see Phil Helmuth flipping, thing THE BRAT would do, with such comment. And wonder what THE KID would say too. Maybe just a smirk haha.

I want to make this SPORT means of income. And my lady lives with me, she's hugging me when I'm playing some times. And I know it's not something you should worry but I do what's need to please her when its time to go to bed. Actually its what pleases us.

Anyways, appreciate your perspective. Just don't agree.

Have a good one.

Buh byyyeee...
Really that is what you took as disrespectful? After I wrote it and reread it I felt kinda bad bout what I said bout your relationship. Because I was just kidding about that.

However that didn't seem to bother you.:girlshit: No where near as much as me calling a game played via a video program. The definition of a video game...a video game.

That's just a fact... no disputing it. It's a game...written in code....for a computer. That is what a video game is.

:stupido2:
Sorry, if video poker makes you feel better ok, but poker is a game. So I am not sure what you disagree with. I play chronically, enjoy it and make a couple bucks. Don't change what it is. Also if you think the odds online are real world mathematical odds you must be a newb. Sorry, no offense, but these are facts not opinions.
:albertein

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey felt lovers.

Best regards.
Yuri Sabino Lopes.

Terminating a relationship is not the best option. Just find a job for your girl job. The busier your girlfriend is, the more time you will have for your hobby. :D