Is stable income possible in poker ??

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't know personally but for others it seems so.

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not hard to make 1K/month playing poker consistently. However you need to be able to match your ROI with the stakes you play and play enough games to make that work out. If you have a 10% ROI, you would need to play in $10,000 worth of buy-ins each month. If you can only beat the micros, that's a lot of $3.30 tournaments (3000). Variance (run good and run bad) is a thing, so keeping within your bankroll is not optional.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's possible. But it needs some conditions. One of'em is like 'A pool of full of fish to support you'.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything that has the word gambling attached to it,cannot guarantee a constant and stable income.Variation or say bad run,will occure thats unavoidable.
Having a decent bankroll,steel nerves and discipline will help you achieve stability.

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,of course,if you can do everything with poker,it is what every player wants the most,to have profitable income to live on the beautiful sport called poker.

smirnoff1914

smirnoff1914

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sure,why not? if you play good and with a litle bit of luck...

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always wondered if I spend half a year of time on poker, will I have a chance to earn my living from 1000 $ a month ?? I've been playing for five years as an amateur, nothing works out (
If this sentence were true, everyone would play poker as a way to earn income and live while having fun.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Income will never be stable, since this is a game with a high luck factor. There is also risk of losing money. If you preferr a stable income its better to get a job and play poker as a hobby

S

SILA89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc you can it depends the level of skill and the stackes

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It is possible, but most do not manage to achieve it. You have to be aware that odds are not on your side in pursuit of that.

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s all about building a bankroll

The best way to improve your game and build a bankroll is tournaments. Free rolls are best if you’re just starting out especially during this holiday season they have a lot of them out there. But of course It takes money to make money and the life changing tournaments have pretty high entry fees.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it can be a stable income, just on how you manage your bankroll. Also there are low buy in sit n gos, to make it to the big buy in tournaments. All it takes, is to take down one big buy in tournament. With some luck ,anyone can win a big buy in tournament. I always play in sit n gos, to play in big buy in tournaments. I will never pay full price, just me.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry for the trivial answer: if you work on the game and devote 8-10 hours a day to the game and training, you may be able to reach the level you want. If not quality, then quantity, but in this case 12-16 hours of grinding:)

Always wondered if I spend half a year of time on poker, will I have a chance to earn my living from 1000 $ a month ?? I've been playing for five years as an amateur, nothing works out (

T

TetengAgimat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes you can make poker as your source of income..

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You might as well ask "Can you get a stable income from the Stock Market?"
Simple answer, No! they are both forms of gambling the only difference is trading in stocks and shares has a better reputation than Poker.
Everything in Life comes with it's risk's.
I have tried both and honestly, neither is worth risking your pension on.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Naturally possible, but for this time you need at least 8 hours of free time a day and so that no one distracts you ...

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Naturally possible, but for this time you need at least 8 hours of free time a day and so that no one distracts you ...

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
agree with that and i can not play good if i'm not completely involved in a game or if i'm playing more then 2 tables.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow tricky question, I would have to say yes if you stick with the fundamentals and do not play all or nothing. All or nothing is a great way to get instantly wealthy if you hit it, or go broke trying.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For it to be a stable income, it is necessary to invest to become a professional, studying, taking courses in professionals, only in this way we become something in stable income

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very difficult to have a profit playing for your poker money. A very small percentage of players know how to do this. You need a lot to learn. That's why I chose an easier way to make money and play only freerolls. Although it is not big. But I know for sure that I will not lose my money.
never lose a dime playing poker-that's for sure.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely question the word 'stable'. I think you would have to be 1 in a million to have a stable source of income from poker. Possible yes, probable no.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I'm concerned : No !

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If thousands of people earn only by playing poker, then this is probably possible!