Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I smoke and sometimes it infuriates me. I only smoke on breaks and occasionally I can sitout to smoke. By the way, is there a 100% way to quit smoking?

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Smoking in one way or another does not contribute to thought processes and, in principle, is harmful to health. The game is also unlikely to be good if you smoke often.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Poker likes smoke, that's what they used to say. In fact, a good poker joint is fine. I quit myself over a year ago and have been smoking less and less in the last few years until we stopped completely. I will probably smoke again sometime, but it will only be medical marijuana. I know people like you who have a problem with this, just learn not to smoke while playing by taking a break and reducing the amount will be easier. And over time, you may even come to a partial or complete withdrawal.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't smoke in general, so I don't do it when I play poker. I think it's a really bad habit that pollutes the environment and smells really bad in my opinion. Why do people pay money to potentially get lung cancer by smoking?? I don't understand.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Smoking in one way or another does not contribute to thought processes and, in principle, is harmful to health. The game is also unlikely to be good if you smoke often.
Maybe you'd remind that to all these freaks here who either started with it way before legal limit (therefore illegally) and/or have done it decades :unsure:

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I never smoke while I play... for a game in a closed environment I have to go out to the outdoor terrace heheheheh

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't smoke while playing. The monitor is hard to see.:)

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Hate to admit it but I tend to smoke a lot during games:( It's not only a bad habit, unhealthy ( I feel it ) but it's also super costly and I don't win enough at the tables to support this bad habit
I get where you're coming from. My problem is I can afford the expense, both from my life circumstances and poker winnings.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That depends, is online you could, but playing live, I would ask the other people is their ok with that.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Anyone who smokes also smokes while playing poker. The game doesn't make it any better, quite the opposite, I would say!

After the excitement of winning a big pot or surviving all-in and staying in the tournament, it's quite common for me to smoke one. This is one of those cigarettes that you like to smoke, like the one after dinner!

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I understand what you are sharing and appreciate your sincerity about it. Recognizing habits that can affect both your health and your budget is an important step. You could explore alternatives to staying focused during games, such as taking short breaks for fresh air or trying mindfulness techniques. Reducing smoking could not only improve your well-being, but also positively influence your poker sessions, potentially leading to better decisions and better results at the tables. Remember that making small changes can have a significant impact over time. If you need support or ideas to break the habit, there are many communities and resources available that can help you in this process. Cheer up!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My heartfelt advice: Try vaping. It's cheaper, healthier and you only need to take a few puffs to feel satisfied instead of inhaling a whole cigarette.
I agree with you, I stopped smoking regular cigarettes after a serious Heart attack 10 years ago and my bank balance has never been so healthier, I actually got a phone call from my bank manager because he was concerned over how much money I had in my current account,
So after talking with him I now have over £30,000 in a High Interest savings account and still have over £13,000 in the Current Account. I took that down to around £8,000 12 months ago and it just keeps getting bigger Saving over £100 per week after giving up the Cigarettes.
I used to smoke 40 a day, and at todays prices that would set me back around £25 per day but Vaping which was recommended by my Doctor costs me just £50 per Month, a massive saving.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not really my thing, I do think though its a personal choice however for streamers I think they should consider the audience on their platform ;)

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Hate to admit it but I tend to smoke a lot during games:( It's not only a bad habit, unhealthy ( I feel it ) but it's also super costly and I don't win enough at the tables to support this bad habit
I don't have the opportunity to smoke at the table, except during a break)

binh80208

binh80208

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Yes I agree with you, I sit near a man who smokes and he smokes all the time during games

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, stop doing it for all the reasons you said at the beginning, for health and because, relating it to another post, if poker is a sport it is also health. I mean, leaving that bad habit as well as exercising is essential to be able to play, although exercising is very difficult for me. but it is what you have to do to have a good mind, greetings and I hope I have helped you

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I like to do it on breaks because it helps me release some stress

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems real good!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You smoke more cause you feel anxious so you can reduce the cigarettes somehow on play wisely .Now I am not giving any advice .If you want to quit smoking it's tough I know but you have a lot of methods to do it.