The smaller limit, the game is easier?

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! Smaller stakes will certainly have with more beginners and recreational players making the games easier to beat! There will still be recreational players in the higher stakes as well, but the greater concentration of regulars and pros will lead to much tougher games in general.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think it is easier to play at small limits.
I feel that I am not comfortable if I play at bigger limits than I can afford.
Good luck.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not, just on the small stakes many players who make mistakes or take the game lightly, given that the buy-in is small, but in reality you have to play well regardless of the buy-in

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I'm not sure that is true. The smaller buy ins seem to have all sort of different players. From the all in players to the calling stations. I have found that the bigger games have more regular poker play.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at small limits it is convenient to learn how to play poker ..
at larger limits - more intelligent players ...
:bike:

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite the opposite. The smaller the limit, the more inadequate it sits, hoping to win by going with almost any garbage hand in all in. So sometimes it's very difficult to play hands.

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is obviously truth. No matter if the players are doing all the crazy things no matter if they are all different at every way possible.They are still worse the lower the stake is. Your Win rate is bigger at 2nl than 5nl than 10nl etc. If something else is happening, its either varriance or low sample, or you doing something extremely weird with your play style, like tilting on lower stakes and player more focused on higher stakes, or overadjusting depending the stake etc.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course. At micro limits, mostly novice players play. Therefore, the game is easier.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long you play ABC I'd say this is true but man players at micros can be harder to beat for thinking player as people do things that make no sense and you can really out think yourself at these stakes

B

broadwayjoe71

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree

I see more people play garbage hands, almost to the point you lose to any 2 cards too often to make the game winnable.

If it is a live game, this may make for a fun or lighthearted game, but too often it is frustrating and not worth the hassle.

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree to a point, that the smaller the game the softer it is but I miss the old days, pre-internet. Back then you learned the game thru the school of hard knocks, without all the TV and on-line info, for a lot longer than today, you lost and learned before you became a winning player. So the smaller games are not as soft as they used to be.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certain extend small buyins will be better to start the game. In a long run and depends on your bankroll, you can raise up the level.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to disagree. Smaller stakes have way too many players playing loose or have no clue why a bet was made or I called cause it was suited players. It is also hard to read these players at times because they do not have a clue what is going on and they get LUCKY. Then they think they are the best player at the table. Rather play higher limits.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that lower stakes often has more recreational players and/or people who are willing to take more risks. "It's just another $2, $5, $7 dollars."

At lower stakes, it can often be harder to pot odds, etc. because many players at the table do not understand the math, they're playing only their hand, playing by feel, etc.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, if the stakes are small then you have more opportunity to play on not very good cards and win, but if the bets are big then you will have to wait for very good cards for the game but not always it turns out to win even on very good cards, I think that yes The less the limit , the easier it is for me, but it can be different for others!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At micro limits is easier,but a lot reckless...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really at low stakes there are many players who play for the fun and do not care if they will loose several $ and relatively low amount of good players. If you are tight player you should be able to win much more easily than on higher stakes. On the other side trying more complicated techniques at such level is rather counterproductive as people here just call with anything.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The higher the stakes, the better the players.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better players usually play for the higher stakes games.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I believe you should play poker at those limits where the opponent understands that they made an investment(buy in) in order to play. In smaller buy ins they don't care, in higher limits you will play real poker.

Each limit has its difficulties but personally I would prefer to outplayed by a better opponent by me than get eliminated by a random clicker with his garbage hand.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is much easier for me to play in no limit than with limits. In the limits of many players play with a small card in the hope of getting a combination cheaply. In no limit, you can force such a player to discard the card.

D

dscholze1979

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it´s easier, but you need to adapt your range for the begin of the tournament. (Play only with Premium hands).

W

wampole

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lot more variance. Loose calls, overbetting etc.

Top 10 Games