Showing your cards

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many of you show your cards after winning or when folding to an all in.
I never show my cards at all, but if someone shows after a big win, ok for what ever the reason. I do not understand fold and show your cards or only one card. What is the point, especially if you are showing ace. You are saying I had an ACE but not the balls to back it up. That is not a message I want to send.

Exactly, show your cards when it adds value to your game. The sites I play on only allow the winner to show.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's not uncommon for players to show their cards when getting walked in the BB whilst holding AA or 72o.

Showing cards can be used as an effective tool in the short term (ie showing some bluffs then betting the nuts in the same way) but long term it's probably unwise.

Personally, I rarely show cards in competitive games and, when I do, there will be a very specific reason for doing so.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello there.
I am showing my cards only when I'm bluffing and winning the hand so the opponent hopefully will be disappointed and it will be hard for him to continue playing normally and when I will have good cards I will try to catch him because he's gonna think I'm bluffing again.

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only show my cards as strategy.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It is true that showing your hand in order to set up traps for later actions could be profitable, but not so much against experienced players anyway; so the rule of thumb is actually to never show anything since it is still giving a kind of information. It could be slightly different in a live game though where conversations lead to "you showed me" so "I show you" etc... Especially when playing against regular competition or friends.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After several steals, and the older persons look perplexed, it’s best to show one card, the best card...you know missed the flush ,but show the ace! This appeals to them letting them know they made a good lay down. Feel good move ,for them. Less likely to come after you for awhile!

S

Skema07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my cards only if i whant to destroy mental the player

M

Moreplease1969

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To show or not to show

I usually don't show my hands but sometimes it helps to show a bluff or a good hand so you can get into the other players heads and mess with them. Show something and then change your strategy so no one knows what you will do next.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good culture to show your hand if the opponent shows before folding. Sometimes (rarely of course) poker may be a game of good ethics and it is a manner of gentlemen to show your hand just because the other player did.

Those are rare occasions of course, but nevertheless...

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show. Why give free information?

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show, I used to do this in the past, but realized that this is giving information away to the opponents.
And this is a game of making that your oppnenent has as les info as possible.
Or that they have the wrong info.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pick and choose my hands that I show. There is no real reason other than to give my opponents a possible false read to my opponents in future hands. It does not bother me one way or another if another player does it. Sometimes its nice to know I made a good fold though.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i might show if i think someone might tilt, or just to mess with annoying player

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, i don 't want players to know bluff me or not:)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! By my opinion, showing of cards this is always useful information... for your opponents...
Therefore I never show cards, that not to give any information my opponents! Why create yourself the possible problems
in the further?!:rolleyes:

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like smearing cards, either.What makes me most nervous are the players who bluff and show this bluff.Sometimes I just don't have time to do it.But apparently showing the map the player has a specific goal.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't agree with showing your cards after a hand when everyone has folded, you have to pay to see them. However there has been the very rare occasion when I have done it to show a bluff hoping that next time when I have the nuts that they would think I'm bluffing and call.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A well-thought-out tactic with showing or hiding cards personally brings me certain dividends. The psychology of poker is that every little thing is important to achieve a positive result.

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, and think is stupid to give my opponents any information

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also do not open my cards for review, I see no reason for this.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards 'cause it's giving away information about your plays. But I respect players who makes a sick play and shows it even though it contradicts with what I said.

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only show sometimes when I bluff to confuse opponents, but in any case i never show. The less information they have on you the better.