Showing your cards

H

houstongrinder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the only time i show is when they pay for it bluff or stone cold nuts. i feel like you must get paid if they want to see whats under those 2 cards thats just me

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, i do not like to give any infomation to other players.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never show them! If they want to see what I have, pay me! I do not give free information :)

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many of you show your cards after winning or when folding to an all in.
I never show my cards at all, but if someone shows after a big win, ok for what ever the reason. I do not understand fold and show your cards or only one card. What is the point, especially if you are showing ace. You are saying I had an ACE but not the balls to back it up. That is not a message I want to send.
Usually some players show their cards to inform the table that they're not bluffing or on tilt. But it doesnt mean they're going to play the next hands the same way.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never really understood the point of this, for me personally I never show my cards when folding or when opponent folds. Why give free information away to the table!

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can show a card to make the opponent angry and when the opponent is angry you can easily beat

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a big fan of showing my cards anymore. Why give free information to the table.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show. I prefer to remain a mystery. Showing can work to get an image however you want it to be but people who show generally seemed more triggered then the control they seek for giving out info.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't ever show.

Don't volunteer information. The more information you give, the more history somebody accumulates against you, and the better reads they can make against you because of it.

Even if you were to show and they may tilt, in the long run, it's not worth it because the piece of history they were able to take from it.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I never show my cards

Unless it's like the PURE nuts.. for example Quads or something

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll show once in awhile,sometimes to send a player on tilt,sometimes to show I'm not bluffing,sometimes to show I am bluffing depends on the situation,sometimes just to screw around:elefant:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When multitabling online, why give yourself even more decisions to make and buttons to click? For me that makes no sense, and neither does delaying action after each hand, even its only for a few seconds. So I also check the "auto-muck" button. The only legit reason to show is, if you think, showing a bluff can tilt your opponent. But you need to be aware of the dynamic, it might create, and in general it seem more fit for live situations rather than online.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll usually only show my cards when I think it will inspire some degree of tilt. But I usually have it set to auto-muck so I don't do it very often

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never in life you have to show your cards. They should be stored and rivals remain in doubt. Those showing 1 or 2 cards and do not accept the call are bad losers or as you say in your comment "have no balls no character to play":D:D:D

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes show my cards after a successful bluff, just for a joke and to annoy others, sorry :D :D
I recently met one player, who was writing in chat what he has after going all-in, making others to be scared of.

what ever other players doing at the table, it's just to annoy you, once you're annoyed, you would never play that good, that's the point.
don't pay attention, do your game ;)

L

Lowjiber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing Cards

I play quite a few SNGs on the wsop site in Nevada/NJ. When one of my buddies and I are heads-up, we'll quite often show our hands. Other than that, I never show cards.

B

BrunoIngrassia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally, show some intentional hand. If the game is cheap it's good to go to the showdown especially if it's bad cards. This will give the table a false sense that you are donkey, even if you are a "rehearsed" donkey. I believe to be profitable

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i almost never show sometimes it can come back at you but sometimes you can trick your opponent in a later round

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never show my cards, I don’t want the players to know how I play and with what hands I enter the game. When an opponent shows one or two cards, thanks to this I know the range of my opponent. In my experience, tight players rarely show their cards. More often cards are shown by players who have a very wide range.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I never show my cards after a successful bluff but sometimes I show a super marginal fold.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to show cards but if I show then it's a very sick bluff or I am folding a very strong hand.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someetimes showing a hand can be good to support your table image. if you usually play rather tight then showing off one of your rare bluffs even after not getting called can help you to get bigger paydays with the next really strong hand. So i think there are a few spots in which showing can be useful, but generally just folding is better in my opinion.

Gringo5521

Gringo5521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many of you show your cards after winning or when folding to an all in.
I never show my cards at all, but if someone shows after a big win, ok for what ever the reason. I do not understand fold and show your cards or only one card. What is the point, especially if you are showing ace. You are saying I had an ACE but not the balls to back it up. That is not a message I want to send.

In online poker, many learn some tricks and develop skills.
Not always, but sometimes showing cards is one of the tricks that is more psychological.
For example, show your opponents that you often bluff. In the future, this will increase the possibility of calling an opponent when you have the best hand.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show cards when I bluff and when I have the nuts and have taken a large chunk of chips from someone.... generally it lets everyone watching know that they will never know what I have so tread lightly. it's a mind game

I show cards when I bluff and when I have the nuts and have taken a large chunk of chips from someone.... generally it lets everyone watching know that they will never know what I have so tread lightly. it's a mind game
Also I only do this 1 time per table. unless a lot of people have come in new.

Last edited by a moderator: