Showing your cards

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show in an online tournament. Might teach your opponent something but won't leave enough impression to be worth the cost.
Online cash games, sometimes worthwhile since the pace is slower and people are more likely to remember what you say/do. Even then, I only show if my play was significantly outside of my normal strategy.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't want to give any free info about how I play my hands/cards to opponents nowadays , so today I don't use this option .

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many of you show your cards after winning or when folding to an all in.
I never show my cards at all, but if someone shows after a big win, ok for what ever the reason. I do not understand fold and show your cards or only one card. What is the point, especially if you are showing ace. You are saying I had an ACE but not the balls to back it up. That is not a message I want to send.

I never show my cards. I don't see any value in giving players additional information. It also speeds up play on ACR to have the auto muck set.

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. I just think there isn't any need for that. Winning or loosing a hand.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I show cards purely to mislead opponents
It's a strategy that is effective mostly in live games/cash games.
In free rolls there isn't much respect for players.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm in a pot with one player sometimes I like to show one card when I fold, usually one that's not in any way related to the board. So if I have A3 and there's an ace on the board and I end up folding I just show the 3.

girts87

girts87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing cards should be banned from poker, thansks :D

K

karterdad17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:...those are the only cards and this is the only place I would ever show any hand unless there is no other choice!

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I understand how great it can feel to show a great bluff or show an amazing hand you hit, it does not really benefit you. If you are playing for real money and/or against good players they will keep that info and use it against you. I never show my cards, in real life or online.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. Why help your opponent make decisions? Let them doubt.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can show if it was a bluff and you want to unbalance your opponent.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I only play online and I also never show my cards. I do not see this need. This is additional information for my opponents.
Good luck.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion is that there is a greater psychological aspect - showing whether or not your cards need to rely on the behavior of rivals in the next rallies and what will your style of play be for rivals

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many of you show your cards after winning or when folding to an all in.
I never show my cards at all, but if someone shows after a big win, ok for what ever the reason. I do not understand fold and show your cards or only one card. What is the point, especially if you are showing ace. You are saying I had an ACE but not the balls to back it up. That is not a message I want to send.

People who do this want to play with the opponent emotions. You can win by bluff and make them angry, or you can win by good cards and make them beleive you are never bluffing. It's a interesting approach

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck unless you are playing with friends.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards. but it could be a good strategy for example if you are bluffing. next time when you play everyone can think that you are bluffing again but in fact you won't. But I'm not doing it either.

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the goal is to demonstrate that you had something and that you were insisting on the hand for a reason that your fold is difficult, like "look, I'm folding but I had a hand" something like that when the person showing when he wins I believe it is a strategy is to show a bluff to burn the opponent or to induce him to have a type of reasoning about the way the person wants to play when in fact the strategy is different

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show sometimes because I don't play the sameway everytime. Also don't care about the random recreational players.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to hide my hand so that my opponents get less information about me, so that they don't form an opinion about my style of play, the range of hands, and the lines for drawing different combinations.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only show my cards out of courtesy when it has been a hard hand for two or three players and in the end, I raise the stakes so much that nobody else goes, then I think it is a kind gesture to show that I had a good hand to avoid dislikes, I never show the cards When I fold. I think showing your cards after folding is like being a bad loser :D

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion showing cards is always -EV. Any information you can withhold from the villain is beneficial. Keep them guessing on whether or not you are bluffing.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I never show a bluff, but show the nuts once in awhile.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost never show my cards so that other players do not figure out my strategy for the game. Some players show an ace after trying to make a steal, saying that it was not a blind steal, but I did 3bet because I had an ace. Thus, trying confuse the players so that later it would be easy to steal their blinds. Some players show their cards after a successful bluff in order to anger another player and thus drive him into tilt.

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think showing cards live can create an advantage in the future, but online not so much. I don't think online players pay that much attention to remember your amazing bluff you showed 4 tourney rounds ago.

I think showing a bluff or two, especially a large one is great for your action at a live table, but don't expect people to believe your bets as often if you're proving to them you're capable of making a move. But when you're strong, showing bluffs can force a lot of crying calls from your opponents.

I rarely show that I had the best hand when a player painstakingly folds. Let them wonder and sit there in pain going back and forth int heir own head lol That is more advantageous than letting your opponent find comfort knowing they made a good play.

:jd4:

M

marcospereira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't show my cards, I think you can show it sometimes to try to induce something