Show Your Cards to Other Players or Keep Them a Secret?

K

Kdjb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometime I show quads or better depending how things play out like if I get folded to on a really small pot where I havn't given much or anything away about my game but very rarely when I'm involved in a hard fought pot

TjaartW

TjaartW

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only two times I show ... one is when i have a hand that I am really proud off ... the other is when i bluffed with a realy ridiculous hand ... like a 7-2 and I pulled it off ... just for a chuckle ...

W

Whiterosemov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's better not show, even when you have pocket aces or something and you shove it, making someone who raised to fold

let him think that you are a stupid bluffer and have nothing, next time he will go all the way when you have a huge hand again thinking that you are just bluffing everytime

but if you are a tight player I don't think it makes a very big difference.. more if you bluff a lot or something

solodorec

solodorec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
show or hide decide to you but when you showing cards you give inforation to other players so use it wisely i recommend not to show more then 1-2 hands in 1 hour after enemy fold for example on your big bet

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Previously I often show my hand.Now I have a different position about this.
I think that opponent has to pay to see the hand.

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont show my cards. le daría ventaja al rival

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rather muck than show but would be more inclined to show a strong hand. Normally that will buy you a chance to bluff off a weaker hand.

ihavethewheel

ihavethewheel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a great piece from an article I read. After reading this I've never showed my cards again unless I had to.
c01fd4c9ac819c97de898461bd731912_thumb.jpg

tbnldashik

tbnldashik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always keep cards secret)) I Think you should not show Or show but only in very rare cases

J

jasperkensen

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't show them unless you can do that trick where you throw the cards into the muck showing the bottom card on the way Doyle Brunson style.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally I prefer not showing my hole cards to the rest on the table , as this gives free information to the others about my play style . Instead they have to pay if they want to see them .

But occassionally ,when I have played very well a hand with a monster hand or made hand with big bets , forcing my villain to withdraw from claiming the pot , I might show him the hand , so as next time , when my draw won't win and I am forced to try bluffing with big bets , I might have greater chances to make him believe I have a made hand and make him qut the hand .

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll show in situations where it makes no difference: in BB, and everyone passes I show. They already forfeited their right to play.

After flopping something like quads, a big full, or straight-flush. Makes no difference as no one will be surprised that you bet such a hand.

Keep 'em guessing: raise it out of the #1 hole with (7,2-o), steal the blinds, then show. They won't be so sure the next time you pop out of an EP with a Premium. (Beware of those players who know what you're doing though that opens the possibility for pulling off a con/recon Level-3 play.) This works best if you take it down immediately. If you get called, float the flop, and steal it on the turn, it's TMI to show in that case unless you have some other, more compelling, purpose for showing.

It's good PR, shows you're a "sport", and it may keep them showing in situations where it makes a difference, like after making a hero fold, and the fish shows that he did, indeed, have the nuts. As with the straddle, if everyone's doing it, join in occasionally for good PR.

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep them in secret, because you can mix your game :p

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show them , depends on the situation , and my oppenents , sometimes by showing them your cards it helps in some cases on table

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my cards if its necessary for me, for instance when i want to be catched on bluff

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do not show their cards just. Always show cards have intent.

S

separator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never I open cards. you want to look at my cards - play with me!

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be fun to show them in a friends game (at home). In real tourments I often keep them closed. Only when I notice that the people at the table think that I will never bluff. I will show them because it is in my own interest

Thewitcherx

Thewitcherx

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show online.keep secret helps for more blufs

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
))

I dont show my cards. Let them think

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards as I think it can provide extra information to your opponents. Always better to keep them guessing about the way you play your hands rather than helping them out by showing your cards.