Show Your Cards or Muck?

T

TinCup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck. Always. Showing your cards is giving your opponents information for free. Make them risk part of their stack to call you to see them. Showing your cards without a call is -EV every time.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Always muck :) you dont want to become an easy prey for the others. GL

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I card not when you show up, and when others show them I'm not interested, I just don't pay attention to them, I understand that my apponent is not sprosta and safeguarded by design or stupidity.

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER SHOW UR CARD JUS MUCK AND SMILE

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there
As the previous post, I don´t see the need to give any information abt your game to anyone

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rearly showing my cards but most of the time I prefer not to just because that will be harder for opponent figure out my hand next time

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends ... when the lie seems true to hide ... when it is with maximum pair and demonstrated a monster weakness ... clear to show

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like to show my cards

I don't really like to show my cards I always prefer muck instead of show my hand I think if I show my hand I reveal information about my game and that is not something good the only moment when I like to show my hand is when I make a bluff and the other player fold cause' if I do that the other player probably get angry so basically I don't show my hand because it reveals information about my game but I do like to show my cards when I make a bluff due to the other player get angry and that is something good for me and it is fun when player get angry at the poker table

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill show to improve my table image or to try and tilt someone. and sometimes im just clicking and forget to unclick haha

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the Auto Muck activated, but from time to time I like to show my cards, of course, only in situations where I won with strong hands, not when I bluff

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I never show my cards win or lose. If you want to see my cards, call.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a rule I never show cards . It's like giving away free information , even if you're trying to set a trap for later , it's still free info on that hand . I feel it's always better to keep them second guessing themselves . That will lead them to making mistakes later on .

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I do not understand why anyone should hide your cards do not care important thing is to win I do not care by what hand is paid. Against hiding cards I but after all the play and I play well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show only if I want to make the game more interesting, or get up from the table.

SirLongbottom

SirLongbottom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i actually show more often than i really should...i love showing my bluffs and i love showing my strong hands even when it doesn't go to show down..

reason being is it makes the players really think hard about what im playing with the next time..and they usually end up making bad decisions...but since im younger than most of these guys they think i always have the best hand for some reason lol..thats why i love showing both..

plus i know waaaaaay more than most of the old folk in the rooms cause of how much online experience i have, watching/learning from twitch players, and just basic/intermediate strategy and exploitation in and out of position and all that jazz

but once it gets deep i usually dont show (like last 2 tables i wouldnt show almost anything)

thats why i love playing live more than online..so much more fun interacting with the other players face to face

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never show your cards, short version..

Showing your hand to others:

1. What are you gaining, by showing?
2. By showing up the others at table, tourney, you might as well put a target on yourself, saying, in effect, "I'm so good, so smug, I dare you to take me out."

doma47

doma47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have that options when i play poker ,i turned it off bcs i dont wanna give information to the opponent also with the hand history , prefer to play on partypoker at cash tables bcs huds are not allowed and information from me they just can get from my game

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I muck. Though I'd have to respectfully disagree with most of those above me because there definitely is a time to show. If you've got people that don't respect your game you can show that you bluffed the shit out of them. Or if they think you're someone that they think bluffs too much or has too broad of a range, you can show them the nuts to tell them that you are a tighter player than they thought.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To tell you the truth, I don't usually show the cards. This is precious information, but in some situations I can even show it. EX: When I bluff to induce the opposing player to think that I am a bluffing player and in the next hands I catch him with the game.

N

Nicely

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on situation, when you stay 1v1 and it was a hard "fight" and you want to see if you made a right decision or not, but it doesnt happen quite a lot.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you usually show your cards when they win without a showdown?
Poker is a game that keeps you informed of opponents, when you show your cards without needing, do you think of setting a trap? does not care? Or does it work for your game?
if all fold on flop, then i show if he calls, then no:D

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you usually show your cards when they win without a showdown?
Poker is a game that keeps you informed of opponents, when you show your cards without needing, do you think of setting a trap? does not care? Or does it work for your game?
i never show up my cards ,never give my opponent free info about my playing .
sometimes , very rare i show my cards when i am bluffing so when i am not bluffing opponents will think i am then i will beat them

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the moment in which this and what strategy I pose at the table! I show very little !!!