A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There were plenty of times in the past I would show and for various reasons,

a) to attempt to setup for a later hand by showing my bluff - never really worked out the way I wanted - its not like I have the ability to know I will get cards next time.

b) I play in a number of private games that used internet radio to broadcast the game and it was common if you got heads up to show cards so the people still watching had something to see, this was usually requested by the acting commentator, but never required. Sometimes I did sometimes I didn't.

c) Sometimes Live if I think I can tilt someone or impress upon someone how I am running good (also rarely worked for me in the long run) so I stoppped.

Today I rarely if ever show. I take the game a little more seriously and feel if you want to see my cards you must call my bet, otherwise I let the cards go to the muck. If I bet and someone folds but shows their cards I also muck, because of what I just stated.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only show my cards when I am trying to back up what kind of image I am trying to portray. If I am working on a tight image I will only show big hands and if I am trying to have a loose image I will only show bluffs and garbage.

My style is generally to try and show myself as a maniac early in session and then tighten up. I have found my hands get paid off much better this way with people I don't have history with. This does make me get called light and I get sucked out on a bit more often than some because I am getting called lighter more frequently. The variance isn't for everyone, but I don't mind most of the time.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show, unless you are between friends in a chill session, the less information you give about yourself the better.

W

Wellingtonaakkk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, unless I'm just playing with friends outside it never
it would make me weak in the game and everyone would map my style of play. How was I going to bluff? There was no way and bluffing in poker is one of the strongest weapons for the game.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck ! The doubt is a good tool to you take put pression in your oponnent and him have a tilt.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't want to give free information for my oponents so I always muck my cards.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's ever good to show your cards whether if you're bluffing or not. Players let their ego talk sometimes and when you give a person any kind of information they'll remember and try to apply that situation to the next. I guess you could argue showing a bluff may get a you call the next time when you have it, but I don't see any benefit in showing your cards at all no matter what the situation.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer always muck my hands because I feel more comfortable

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mucking cards 100%. If my opponent wants any info they'll have to pay for it. Until then let them continue to guess, wait for a hand or hero call me praying they're good. No free info here, no sir, no thank you.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I almost never show. Sometimes, when I want oponents to feel respect, I show a good hand. Or, if I want to tilt opp, I show bluffing garbage :p (but this only on heads up, I prefer all table not knowing my bluff).

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show my cards, but sometimes I show my winning hands.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If i play few tournaments. sometimes i show card's, if it need, but a lot of time i play more 12 tournament's and i have automuck rules :) ...

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I don’t show my cards, but if I show them it happens very rarely and certainly not with the aim of setting a trap, but simply with a successful bluff.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never show cards. i mean, why? and what for? and if someone shows his/her card its totally irrelevant since its either plain showing for fun or manipulative. playing stats give more info.