riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
showing your cards can be used as method of deceiving an opponent too some point but so can not showing so as for me I'll have to just stay on the fence, because i use both from time to time :rolleyes:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show unless I have to. Poker is a game of missing information and the more information you have, the better off you are. I am always happy to look at my opponents cards when they show them to me.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show unless I have to. Poker is a game of missing information and the more information you have, the better off you are. I am always happy to look at my opponents cards when they show them to me.

This is such an excellent way to put it. The less your opponents know about your range the better. They don't need to know you jam A5 suited on the short stack.

There is one instance where it would be okay to show in my opinion. If you're playing heads-up and you think it might tilt your opponent, go for it. Showing the rights cards can also be an effective way of misleading opposing players. :icon_stud

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends some times i show after i win a phe hands in arow

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personaly, i love to play with the mental of my opponents.
I love to select game and show some cards..
Sometimes if you bluff and the opponent see your cards, he gonna change strategy and maybe make some errors...
I dont show when i have good games only when i win the hand with a really bad cards...:bike:

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show as a rule, but that being said I have shown once just to let this annoying player know he just been had. My bad. It worked to my advantage as a few hands later he called me not wanting to be bluffed again. This time I had the nuts. He made me smile two times hahahaha.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
True, I usually also never show them, occassionally, if someone had a good read, I tell them via chat. However, most of the time i guess people dont show the cards. However, if you are using software it is of no use to muck your cards at showdown - you will see your opponents hole cards anyway :)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show my cards, I don't see the point in it at all, especially when you play at a table with 6-9 opponents

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
i only show when i defeat a player that pisses me up, other than that i dont do that.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not showing the cards is never impossible since when a player pushes all in at least playing online they show you the cards.
But you always have to try not to go all in and win before they force you to show your cards, so you will give less information about your game

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello , Basically, I never show. I feel that it is always better for your game to keep your opponent guessing also if you show them, you give away your game

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In very random situations I do, when I have not much chips but a good pocket pair and the chipleader calls and I do a reraise and then he passes. Just to show that his decision was wright and to avoid further calls until I have enough chips again :)