To Show or Not to Show?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This happens very rarely when I show my cards to my opponent !!!

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very rarely I might show my hand. Only in CC games I will do it, to mock a friend or show respect to his play.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for those saying that they never show, do you mean to tell me that if you flop a royal flush and are not getting any action that you are not going to show that you hit the best, most rare hand possible? You are just going to muck it like it never happened?

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. I don’t think there’s a need for that, yet this is poker. :)

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I rarely show my cards ... Only when I have a really good hand I feel sorry for it not being seen lol

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only show when I have the absolute nuts, to make them think I hit all the time...but I never show a bluff , never will....I show them the nuts to make them think I get it all the time

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally never show my cards. Don’t wanna give anybody any free information.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to show, alot... cut back and now I believe ACR removed the show feature

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if I am playing against a real donk and a jerk and I happen to get one bye on him. Then yes I do show just to try and put them on tilt. But there are times that I show when I actually have the winning hand. That is usually out of respect for a decent player.

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show my cards. If you don't show the cards, you keep the opponent's image of you.

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show cards when I have really strong hand and all other guys fold to me. For me there is two reasons why I do that first is some kind of respectful play with other players, second one - convince other players that I not bluff and try to look more tight for other players)
Probably, I will never show bluff, just because I have no reason for that)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I do not show my cards. I do not see any advantage in this.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards if I win a bluff Occasionally i'll show if I have had 3 Strong hands back to back.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a game of range knowledge differential. you should never seek to decrease that differential by showing your cards when not obligated to. When obligated (usually when player in position check the river behind) show hands with out objection.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not show my hands because it has absolutely no effect on my results. I very much doubt that there are players who, because they show their hands, have significantly improved their skills or results.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could show if it's you plan.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually not showing my card. But few days ago when i am in bubble. Villain plays too tight and starts bluffing by 2 bet or 3 bet. When they fold i show a really bad hand. After few times mixing with good hand. I succesfully win 1 place at multitable sng.
Nice tactical move.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show my cards very rarely and it still depends on my mood in the game.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never show and I prefer not to be shown this for my quiet thoughts

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The show only makes sense if there is an advantage to it. For example, a serious little bluff comes in and by showing it your opponent can be tipped over. ;)

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I don't show my cards, but sometimes I do, this is when there was a really good, interesting hand. And if the opponent shows the cards, then I try to remember this, and what actions he took, this can then help in the further game.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally no, don't like give information. If think it will buy me a pot down the road, sure I'll show a monster.