To Show or Not to Show?

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my card to my opponents @ free of cost they need to pay me for that.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically Show if You Got Em

I think a minor rule is to show them if you got them. Let them know that when you bet, you mean it.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm glad for the default "auto Muck" feature every room I play in has.
Those that don't have it set on "auto muck" not only give out free intel , they slow down the game !

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never showed my hands regardless if it's a bluff or value and I think it's a mistake giving away free information

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on why. May affect your game. If you troll then ok

And if you show a bluff, then why? Boast of? Mislead?
It depends on what goal

Last edited:
Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show

In order for the opponent to be unequal after your bluff, it is better to show him the cards:D:D:D

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, I do not want to give information to other players about myself.

A

AS7777777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer not to show it at all, so as not to give too much information.

H

hartmann2508

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree not to show the cards, making it difficult to read a complex game, although sometimes one of them must be shown to reflect what we have become and hope to mislead.:D

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally i prefere not show, but sometimes, when i now that the opponent will tilt and this will not affect the read of my gameplay i show.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never like to show both cards. Depending on situation, i may show other if i know i get opponen to tilt. Always easier to play against heated player :fight:

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ganerally the same as Mercyscercy never show my cards. However when situation on the table getting funny like bluffing and opponents fold or some diffrent reason, sometimes i show my cards.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost never show my cards. I think if someone wants to see my punishment, they have to pay.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Never show. Like they say,knowledge is information, don't give any information. It just gives then more ammo against you. If you show a bluff hand it just makes them want to nail you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I pretty much never show my hand. The only time I do is its truly special. AKA a royal but that was only once in my poker playing carer.

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few times I show my cards ...... If I do, it is to confuse the opponent. Good hands

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mainly in social games with friends , although occasionally if I want to make a point.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to show the cards, you have to respect your opponent and showing the times in bluff, you can feel better than them, whoever wants to see your cards to pay the bets.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the intent, if it’s to spite your opponent or brag etc than def not, but if it’s strategic in terms of setting up a specific opponent when maybe your play has become too predictable or they are playing to tight etc. Just to stir things up a bit, It has a time and place I think.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am torn on this one. On the one hand, I want to protect my strategy and have people pay to figure it out. On the other hand, if I show for free sometimes then change my strategy, it could be an advantage to me. I do not typically show, but I am all for using all the tools in the toolbox, so I mix it i there form time to time when timing is good and I need another tool.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth in my games has not yet mastered the lie, as a weapon to show the cards, according to what I read in some forums that can be used in a productive way for the winnings because when you lie often sooner or later they will catch you, but if you use that to your advantage you could earn a good sum