Show or Muck

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hand.
I will make my opponent going crazy eatch time they fold.
And in a showdown i will almost have the best hand.And the time i'm going to bluff he will believe that i have it!

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. I don't think it's clever to show them, because your opponents get more informations about you and are able to read you better.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to never show any cards unless your having a very loose image on the table. You can show a good hand to make players believe that you werent bluffing in any previous hand even if you did. You might also show a strong mucking hand against a player who you think has a better hand than yours. If you are able to fold a good hand you will get more respect from the other players specially if you find out you have made the right fold.

Last edited:
deceptionist99

deceptionist99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing is only applicable when building an image or setting up a play later in a session to induce action or fold equity if your bets are not getting respected

M

mcbogart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very rare I show my cards. It's just too much information given away.

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hardly show, I'll always muck unless I have nuts then I'll show. I like to have my opponents think I play straight up so when I do go for the bluff, they think I have the winning hand. If I get caught in a bluff then I tighten up. But I would say always muck.

Aleksandrson

Aleksandrson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always differently. As like Daniel Negreanu (If I don't wrong): I essentially just need to be more creative/aggressive in bluffing situations and that makes the game kind of fun.

A

Arfer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show in an open tourney or cash game
Home game or forum game i might do for a bit of banter

N

ntbornkiller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some times to fk the sht of loosers i show my succeed bluf hands :D

FromHereOn

FromHereOn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll show if it has no bearing on my future play. One example is if a table folds down to me on the BB preflop, and I have 2 4 off, it's a goof but I'll show.

Also, most hand histories will display a beaten muck on showdown, so if it helps establish a TAG narrative, it isn't necessarily a bad move to show a busted strong top two pair against a set, the 2nd nuts, or a bad river beat.

I'll quick-muck 99% of hands, but I always want the option.

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never show ... but if im on a table with the same people some times i will show so they think they know how i play then i change it up lol

motorcity1957

motorcity1957

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no show, i never do. I also ignore cards other players who show,

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
never show your hand unless you have to. or if you know it's gonna put someone on monkey tilt to show a bluff. but then that means you have to stop bluffing lol

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
auto muck, i wouldnt care if they could see em though

R

Ray Sliva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna stop showing cards; bluff or not. Still learning and being weak, I may be giving up to much information. Hopefully this will help me until I learn how to use such a tool.

D

dumbdonut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never show your hand unless you have to. or if you know it's gonna put someone on monkey tilt to show a bluff. but then that means you have to stop bluffing lol

That's a ridiculous statement, are you trolling?

F

Fussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I dont know, but I will show some times when I keep getting good hands, because otherwise they'd be thinking I am just stealing their blinds, and can make them call me more when I have less stronger hands, if I show I am not bluffing every hand and that I actually have a good holding will gain more respect and have them fold more, and some times it gives you room to bluff if you have shown only good cards

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not show your hand is recommended by the most depends on what your game plan, but one when in a table playing sometimes feels and shows

C

c1g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i personally never show online, i always have the auto muck button on.
was thinking about turning it off, to show the occasional strong hand.
live i have shown some strong hands before, but still seldom.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never show my cards on any occasion because it shows at least a set of cards you like to play. I believe that my opponents can only gain information about me if i show my hand/cards and information about myself is noooooo good imho. So always MUCK!

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will show every blue moon for various reasons. Put someone on tilt, be a nice guy to show that they made a good play, for the lols, ect... But for the most part I don't show at all 95% of the time.