Show or Muck

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never show. Can't see how it could ever help me to give my opponent information.

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck my cards, but sometimes there are situations in which I un-check the "muck" button to show my hand. For example when my hand was real good (Royal Flush maybe) and sometimes I show my hand when I just won a huge pot with a brave bluff :D - just to piss off my opponent and make him mad so that affects his game LOL

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will show a bad hand that is not really challenged postflop usually from the small blind to give myself a looser image, since I play TAG. Otherwise, there is no advantage showing anything

Marrzbarr619

Marrzbarr619

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im split

i like to show at times but then again there are times that i dont want the other players at the table to know which way the cards are going .. but if theres someone at the table being a decent human being i dont mind showing you know?

rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i seldom do unless i can demoralize a short stack opponent..there has to be an obvious advantage.

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My muck button is always checked but sometimes I unckeck it to show my hand in two situations:
-When my hand was reeeeally good (like Royal flush) and I want to show it.
-When I win a huge pot with a brave bluff and then I show it just to make my opponent go mad and affect his game that way :D

H

hulaaaa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that players who can not bluff, often have to do hero-call and who do not know how Heroo-call it has more bluff.
I like hero-calls can make a call, or flush draw which is not closed on the River, or completely dry Bordeaux with ace high, on the other hands, it is difficult to make

B

Biscleta

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck, the fewer information your opponent has about you the better

CSVidal

CSVidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to talk about my point of view the muk for me is primordial.Mas, every rule has its exception of comes in when it is good to show the cards mainly to demonstrate that you do not bluff is how do I show my cards.

B

Biscleta

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, its important to know who is the player we are playing against...if we notice that ouy opponent is tilt sometimes show him some bluffs or try to make him think you re doing it...but most of times its better to just muck

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show, it realy hard to show it when it`s nesessary :D just kidding. I like to show it when i show nuts! :D

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never show is the right move,no pay no show!!!The only time to show is when you are the big blind with AA and everyone folds!!

B

BDK Shobby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my cards ocassionaly but only when i make a bet or when i raise and the person who is in hand with me show me the card's and then he folds, i show him the cards if was better then me just for make him angry. this is fun for me every time when i do this :)

A

Alepokero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me is a good tecnique to show sometimes your cards, the others players will have some respect that you are not playing any hands or doing all in with any 7 2 for example

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm like everyone here , do not show ... however, show the cards can be useful if you have a good strategy surrounded by from behind the move ... is a very good tool yes , but it's dangerous

C

chloebrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I show, is when I am bb and everyone folds to me. Doesn't matter if I have AA or 2-7, I enjoy showing. I like to give the impression that I will show my cards. Other than that, I am very secretive of my play style on the felt.

CSVidal

CSVidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, its important to know who is the player we are playing against...if we notice that ouy opponent is tilt sometimes show him some bluffs or try to make him think you re doing it...but most of times its better to just muck

Good point biscleta. congratulations for adding detail to this topic

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get tempted to show a bluff with complete rags, but then that will kill all my bluffing action at the table because everyone will be calling me down light (Unless I have the nuts :D )

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hand for free. Why should I help my opponent to understand my play?!

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to show my hands because the villain can then find out if you're a liar and jugas player like crap hands and apostasy jugas or only with hands that are good.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to show the cards. Thus we are not giving any information to our villain if we are doing the right thing or a lie, and the next hand if we are bluffing do not pay us

R

riggsy22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to only show my strong hands when im short stack to show the other players im only shoving with premium hands but other than that I don't show at all!!

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just showed a bluff during a freeroll. It's a freeroll so I don't really care.

It was a multi way pot (like literally the whole table saw the flop and I was on the button with 67s.

I had a backdoor heart flush draw and nobody bet a KQx (forgot 3rd card) but there was 2 spades. I bet IP and got a single caller. On the turn I hit my flush draw and I shove the rest of my stack. Villain folds and I show the 7 high :D

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to show my hands because the villain can then find out if you're a liar and jugas player like crap hands and apostasy jugas or only with hands that are good.

I agree completely . The less information we have our villain on the greater the chances of winning the hand .