Show or Muck

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show EVER, unless they call your raise or if your throwing your opponent off. Even that can give him/her an idea of how you play. Get them to keep guessing and have it go your way.

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show, but when I do it's not to influence my table. It's just to be a friendly poker player if say I hit a really awesome hand against someone I got along with that made a tough fold. Or, if I just had a funny hand. Like one time I was telling a story about getting KK over and over again and happened to be dealt KK while I was telling the story. But generally, I just don't show. But those are the exceptions, usually I just don't show.

P

pokrjoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a game of information and i want to give as little as possible. in the long run you will show down more than you want so i see no need to show anyone anything. i may show my hand if i get a walk in the BB other than that its gonna cost you.

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99% of the time much, RARELY (depending on the player next to me ) show to make them understand that when I raise they need to fold

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its depends whether you are up against a strong or weak opponents.But mostly after making a raise I usually muck the hand.

S

shawkid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards online. When I play live I show my cards if I think someone at the table plays with a lot of emotion. I think I can put them on tilt if I bluff them and will get a call that I want later on in the game.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
generally i dont think its good to show, unless you want to show that you are capable of making a play ie the villian is stealing to much and you 3b with air

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep my muck button clicked, but like you I would like to show some hands but its to late to do so. When I caught quad As is an example of one I would show or a str8 flush because they don't happen very often. But a bluff I'm never going to show.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, i understand when somebody try to increase tilt and show poor hand after bluff but i am not interested in that kind of the game

U

urbanekpyrotic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, like most, but I haven't played with real money yet so it feels pointless to try to play my opponents since they might not be paying much attention or playing multiple tables. I don't know how different or focused real money players are but, it has to be more intense than with play money.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm generally going to say muck. I don't typically show my cards, but I'm never going to show a bluff. If, and when, I do show, the reasoning is twofold.

First off, some players become hyper defensive and will re-raise you all-in if they think you are just trying to steal their blinds. I myself am sometimes suspicious of late position raises. In a situation like this, where I may have raised with something like A-10 off, but am not willing to risk the majority of my stack with it, I might fold it and show it to remind the players at the table that they need to respect my raises because I'm not raising light.

Some of you might wonder why not just muck and move on. This brings us to the second reason for showing. Actually the two work in conjunction. Going back to the example above, A-10 offsuit may notbe worth calling an all in for the majority of my stack to me. But to other's A-10 would be a snap call. When they see they see me lay it down, it gives them the mistaken impression that I will lay anything down if they move all-in on me, which isn't the case. But having my opponents have this impression of me tends to come in handy later when I want to lay traps with monster hands.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I do not show my cards. I figure if they want to see them they can call me. There are a few times though where I have shown my cards, it just depends.

madsquirrel

madsquirrel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do show quads since that is rare to happen !!!!!

M

mishamishasochi88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember that each demonstrated your hand - it's too much information for the opponent. You are logged in to the game with the 67s, got straight on the flop, on the flop proslupleili it and made a decent raise on the turn, boasting a combination of folding after the opponent. Thus, in the show: a) that you can go to the bank with small suited connectors, b) tend to be slow-playing, and c) are giving a big raise with a strong card. Did you receive any benefit? Hardly ... You is not got no information, in addition to everything you were assured of the correctness of his opponent to fold, so that the psychological effect of the show is also negative.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show my game, why give informations for my opp?

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of information. Why give away information for free? Only time I ever show is when it is folded around to me in the BB. No information given.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99.9% of the I always have auto much on

R

rumpleduskin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have fallen into playing extremely tight, seeming to always get sucked out on with good cards, I have fallen into not wanting to play less I have a decent hand. So I do show bluffs, in the hope that I can get bigger action at the table. But reading through these posts, it seems some people see that as a action of a bad player. Something I may want to read more about.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive never seen any value in that, so what are the reasons again? maybe if you are playing with friends otherwise i dont think it gives you any advantage

anyhow if somebody is happy doing that well keep doing it,

J

Jpetro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show online. I always have auto muck on. I sometimes will show live. When you show you are giving information away but that can be used to your advantage. When you do this you need to know how this can effect the play of your opponent(s) and how your image will be after you show.

M

MichaelFoerster

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually never show my cards, according to me if you show your cards means that you may be able to take a pot on a bluff because people know you've been getting killer hands.

K

Kcind75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My dad, an old school card player from back in the day, once told me to never show my cards...so I never do. The way I look at it, any information that my opponents gain on me is a bad thing.

Kuphaldt

Kuphaldt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this thread is basically just to see what everyone else thinks about showing your cards after a hand if everyone else folds out. Generally, I never show my cards at all regardless of what type of game I'm in or what stage it is at. I think keeping that mystery about yourself whether or not you were bluffing or not can be a good thing with other players around the table not knowing your style of of play. However recently I've started to think about showing them every now and then whether I was bluffing or betting big for good reason to try and get in my opponents head a bit more: maybe showing a bluff so that next time you bet in a similar way they might think you are bluffing more and be more reliant to call. Or showing your good hand so that perhaps you can bluff easier the next time around. I'm not talking about showing all the time, but maybe every once in a while to try and get in my opponent's head. What do you guys think about this?

I don't like showing my cards ever because it gives away info other people didn't pay to see. Why show people when they made a good fold or a bad fold. Fact of the matter is your going to have more marginal and bad hands then good so if you show them bluffs they are more likely to call you down with any pair. This will hurt your fold equity value very much because they will be less willing to fold in marginal spots. But then there is the chance you make a big hand and get paid off huge but there are other ways to achieve this. You can apply a lot of pressure at your table leading to players wanting to play back at you more often cause they think you are stealing.