Chips
everyone plays the way they want....this can hardly be called a violation

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that excessive slow roll should get time deductions off their time bank. I believe this is already a thing.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why penalize someone as right as you? :)

P

Player1472

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, they already are

I believe one commment said that in tournament play the clock is knocked down for slow rolls.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the answer to that is learn to improve gameplay, and gather information as slow-rolling is a choice, decision making and someone cant be penalized for that. self improvement is whatt person should be doing

what ?

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
There are players who constantly switch off and immediately re-log in. I don't believe it's influenced by a multi-table game that I can't react faster. It's not fair play.

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone has the right to use his time as he sees fit

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
what do you think ? what would be a good penalty for them ?
Responders in this thread seem to have different definitions of 'slow-roll'. From my experience, a slow-roll is only possible in a live game, not online, because, by definition (macmillan dictionary) a slow-roll is when a player with a winning hand deliberately takes a long time to turn over their cards, so as to make the loser anxious, angry, and ticked off.
Online, the poker site automatically exposes the hands and the player has no impact on the time it takes for that to happen.

With this definition in mind - a slow-roll in a live game is one of the biggest sins you can commit at the poker table. It shows disrespect for your opponents and for the game. Don't do it.

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think so... It's part of the game in my opinion! Ugly part, but still a part!

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Previously, I played for 6-7 tables, respectively, time increases, we do not know how many tables the opponent sits at

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it's normal when you really have something to think about when it's hard to make a decision and you really spend time thinking, and not when a person just sits and takes time every move to infuriate players who are going to work soon and they go to play poker, you don't need to do this even in home games:)

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are we talking in live poker? Cause online it's hard to determine when someone is slowrolling you.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that poker is played according to the rules and someone's desire to change something is not appropriate here.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should punish a slowroller yourself by taking all his ships

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone has their own strategy)))

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a player is slow rolling all player in the table, it's not good but if he slowrolls a player that been a D..K why not.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
its just another form of needling . so far its not against the rules anywhere that i know of .sadly lots of players nowadays try to create turmoil on the table ,and sometimes it works .

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course and no, the magic in this game is that everyone plays it the way they want!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, this is a crazy thread. The miscomprehension is startling. The "slowroll" is not eating the clock. It's a check-call move. It used to be called "sandbagging", but it changed over time.
Slow-playing is just making your opponent(s) sweat a little while being a slight d!ck doing so, which is totally fine. If the situation calls for it I'll gladly put on my pr!ck-slippers and play accordingly. :devilish:
And there should be no penalty.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what do you think ? what would be a good penalty for them ?
Good to know you don’t like it: I will use it as a tool to irritate you at the tables. :ROFLMAO:

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Responders in this thread seem to have different definitions of 'slow-roll'. From my experience, a slow-roll is only possible in a live game, not online, because, by definition (macmillan dictionary) a slow-roll is when a player with a winning hand deliberately takes a long time to turn over their cards, so as to make the loser anxious, angry, and ticked off.
Online, the poker site automatically exposes the hands and the player has no impact on the time it takes for that to happen.

With this definition in mind - a slow-roll in a live game is one of the biggest sins you can commit at the poker table. It shows disrespect for your opponents and for the game. Don't do it.

You seem to forget about the situation when a player is last to act, they hold the nuts or someting close, and they take a lot of time to call, like they are considering folding. Even when that player holds the winning hand, the call is not done automatically. If they call and their strong hand is exposed, such players can be accused of slow rolling.

I don't like to jump to conclusions whenever I am on the receiving end of that situation: there could be many legitimate reasons why the player took a long time to act despite holding a strong hand. I was even accused of slow rolling a few times when I was considering folding near the bubble with a hand that was strong, but not the nuts. IMO, when the tournament survival is at stake, one is free to take all of their alloted time to make their decision, especially near the bubble.

Wow, this is a crazy thread. The miscomprehension is startling. The "slowroll" is not eating the clock. It's a check-call move. It used to be called "sandbagging", but it changed over time.
Slow-playing is just making your opponent(s) sweat a little while being a slight d!ck doing so, which is totally fine. If the situation calls for it I'll gladly put on my pr!ck-slippers and play accordingly. :devilish:
And there should be no penalty.

We aren't discussing slow playing in this thread, which is a different term.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I favored drawing & quartering for years ,but to be honest, where the hell are you going to find 4 horses at 2 a.m.
Now days, on those rare cases where I feel certain that it was a deliberate slowroll, I just comfort myself with the old saying; You can't cure stupid & move on.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is some difference between slow playing and slow rolling, I have been in some situations where I have made the "Nuts" on the River and depending on my position in the betting order, I have had to think how much I should bet in order to extract more chips from my opponents, Too big and they could run away and too little will not give much in return, So obviously if someone shoves All-in I am going to take some time to think if others are still involved in the hand, But if we were the last two playing in the hand, My chips would be in faster than the other player who declares all-in.
There is nothing clever about winning a hand with the "Nuts" and tanking in order to drag it out, all you are doing is prolonging the other players agony in defeat which is never Funny or Clever. It is a sure way to lose Respect and Friendship.
Penalties would be a way to stop such behaviour, but nothing short of a forced sit out for a full rotation of the table would do any damage to an offending player, Something similar to the Shark Tank games I have seen on TV.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was watching a Lex Veldhuis 11 hour stream yesterday and he was becoming quite annoyed with a player that had done it to him 4 times during the tournament. Poker is a mind game as well as a mental arithmetic challenge. If some people become stressed out by slowrolling then you can guarantee that other players will use it to try to trigger them. Lex managed to pull right back from a chip and a chair, and eventually managed to make it to the final table, incidentally.