J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The rule is the same for everyone, whoever wants to use the time uses it and whoever does not want it does not complain about who uses it.
Sometimes it sucks, it's more good for me, as long as I win, the guy can use the time as he wants rs

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slowrollers often punish themselves in the form of lost profits or karma in the form of badbeat on the river =) so there is no point in punishing them further, in my opinion. but for example, when playing with a weaker aggressive opponent, this is the only way to provoke him to bluff and beat him. poker is war, and all means are good in war

veloprofz

veloprofz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree with the above, if you know how to use this technique, then it is your strategy

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think slowroll is childish way to call the all-in... i dont care becouse the outcome will be the same, why to penalize?

Slowplay is sometimes very usefull when you play against maniacs and have a very good hand and want to get more bet against you.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Banning slowrolls is completely pointless in my opinion. And it is actually probably wrong to do it.

Yes, it is a bad etiquette, but would you penalize a guy who doesn't say HELLO when he enters the room?

Imagine there is a rule though. It probably would be something like "Whenever you are last person to act in the hand on the river, if you have the nuts, you have 5 sec. to call, otherwise your hand will be dead" (or any other form of penalty, it doesn't matter) Do you really think that there will be no slowrolls with that rule? Wrong! Players will start doing it with second nuts, third nuts, or whatever hand they will think is pretty much a winning one.

There will always be trolls or people with bad etiquette, so best is to ignore the slowrollers, or simply not invite them to your game if this option is available.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you think ? what would be a good penalty for them ?

The problem is determining the difference between a slow roll and an actual decision. If you have the absolute nuts and tank calling a 10bb all-in then I think there's an obvious penalty there. However, if you have AQdd on a 5678dddd board and a loose opponent X/shoves for 200bb+ you could give someone credit for having to think about it before calling.

Y

YR2311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree with the above, if you know how to use this technique, then it is your strategy

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I do not understand the question I do not know what is slow roll sory

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do penalize slow rollers by cursing them.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Not really. It is just bad form. Others at the table should frown on it.

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowrollers is one way to play the game... You might get punished by losing profits and maybe save you money...
I guess it will depend on the person that is playing the game

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
what do you think ? what would be a good penalty for them ?

i think the answer to that is learn to improve gameplay, and gather information as slow-rolling is a choice, decision making and someone cant be penalized for that. self improvement is whatt person should be doing

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think poker is a game of patience so if you can't stand the slow game you should play something else

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DEATH PENALTY!!! Strat hanging couple slow rollers and I guarantee you this lowlife mean gesture will disappear instantly!

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not understand the question I do not know what is slow roll sory
Slow roll is when at the river someone is taking all the time in his life to finally show you the absolute winning hand , while all this time was giving you the impression he had a losing hand

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are far worst things in poker than slow rolls, if you want to penalize players- penalize the players who play hands with sitters.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, nothing to be gained really. Just take note that this player is a bit of a donk and just ignore the action as best way to shut it out from the game.

P

pete_ferret

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched Christian Soto slow play Daniel Negreanu the other day (The actual game took place in 2018 or 2019 I think). They had a bit of a laugh about it. It's annoying but if the top level players don't make a big thing about it neither should we.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow is too subjective a term, so I don't believe so.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's punish quick decisions. I think it's not hard for a poker player to wait a few minutes, because patience is part of poker.