Sept Pokah Chat...(post your LC stuff here)

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well stopping at hand 3820 beats stopping at 545 at least.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i've no succesfully burnt all the buyins i set aside for 100nl, mainly because i am awsome ldo. The extra money cost for each decision really effected me mentally, and i seemed to think everyone was making a play against me. I didn't even run bad, well except for flopped trips < flopped trips and full house <full house :(, but i just played god awful mostly.

Another month of 50nl ftw imo :D

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10th of 180 for $307 in a $109 MTT today. Misplayed a few hands near the end which is irritating, but another close shave with the business end of things which is nice.

Also more swings in the rings :)

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe that's why I'm still at 200nl :)

Daily 2k swings sound soooo fun!
Well, I really expect this breakeven stretch to end at some point. If the graph actually points north instead of sideways, the swings aren't so bad.

Btw, did I ever post the graph of my venture into the realms of 1000nl? Where I lost 9 buy-ins in 2,000 hands? This was actually where my breakeven run started (breakeven in terms of BB, not in $$ LDO).
Basically, I had to move down to 600nl and continued to lose. Then I would drop to 400nl and win. I would move up to 600nl and lose again. I would move down and win again. I kept on doing this, breaking even in BB and bleeding off $$.
Now I've decided to play 400nl until I'm rolled for 1000nl again because 600nl is cursed. Just so you know. Nobody wins at 600nl. It's the devil's limit.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just around the corner now Rex, I can feel it!

Chris, I feel we have similar swings in our results. We should compare stats to see if there are any similarities :).

This is my happy graph :p. Plz Stars, let me have another one tomorrow.

Attachments

• happy graph.jpg
    happy graph.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Swong. I wish live games had graphs. + 5 €100 buyins tonight, approx $750 :)

The game was a 6MAX one for a change, and probably the loosest game ive ever come across. Highlights were calling an UTG raise to x4bb with 4 calls from the bb with 109s and flopping a straight flush and stacking 2 donks playing flush draws. Shoving over 5 limps from the BB with KK and getting called by eights and tens. Great night. Heading off to the bank tomorrow and throwing it into the online roll, anything to get back onto nl$100 tbh, first time i will have given a cent of my live roll to my online game.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
N1 Liam, great result m8. Good to see ya back at 100nl.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
N1 Liam, great result m8. Good to see ya back at 100nl.

Yea ill still be a little short of my 40bi rule but i dont care. Might take a few days to clear but oh well, its kinda difficult to go from shot-taking nl$200 to being right back in the grind of nl$50. My live roll is always >> than my online one as well, so a little thought in the whole thing makes great sense for me, especially considering i play far more online anymore. Starting to re-think after tonight though, (ITS A BAR ROOM CASH GAME !!!) why the fcuk am i not playing more of these.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man the swings are really starting to make my head spin. I had one guy literally 3 bet me 5 times in a row, i folded the first 3, 4 bet bluff/folded to his shove on the 4th and then just 4 bet called shove with AQs for the 5th time and he had KK. I suspected he had a real hand the last time as i'm almost certain he would have figured he was beyond pushing his luck at that stage but AQs looks real good after you have been 3 bet every hand for 2 orbits. I was so jaded after that that i made some retarded crai bluff and lost another stack.

Another 1.5 buy ins below ev today to make it a little over 10 buy ins below ev for this month and 18 buy ins below EV over the last 40 days and yea poker is GREAT!

Anyways ended today's session with probably the single weirdest hand i have ever played in my life (and this guy had completely TAG stats, and hadn't been out of line once). It scared me how close i came to folding this, but when his line made no sense (check a set/2 pair on turn?) and my float was so weak (intentionally) pretty hard to fold this, as much as i was tempted to do so.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
poker stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
CO: $24.70 (24.7 bb)
Hero (BTN): $156.15 (156.2 bb)
SB: $223.60 (223.6 bb)
BB: $127.75 (127.8 bb)
MP: $101.50 (101.5 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with K
diamond.gif
K
heart.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.50
Flop: ($10.50) 9
diamond.gif
club.gif
Q
club.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $7, SB folds, BB raises to $21, Hero calls $14
Turn: ($52.50) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $25, BB raises to $50, Hero raises to $131.65 and is all-in, BB calls $53.25 and is all-in
River: ($259) 7
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)
Results: $259 pot ($2 rake)
BB showed J
spade.gif
K
spade.gif
(high card King) and lost (-$127.75 net)
Hero showed K
diamond.gif
K
heart.gif
(a pair of Kings) and won $257 ($129.25 net)

Attachments

• ststrystry.jpg
    ststrystry.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 4
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo, honestly, if you stop looking at EV graphs and winnings for every session, you'll stop thinking about the "swings" that basically every single person in this thread talks about, and you'll just play your A-game all the time. When you think about the size of your swings, even between sessions, you don't do yourself any good.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i agree...although i do think that it is very hard to play your "A" game when you are running like crap. You just have alot more confidence in general about your play, which is always a good thing. But for sure, dwelling on all in EV and bad beats etc doesn't help anything.

On a side note, since most ppl seem to visit this thread, where do you guys get your pokerstars multitabling scripts? I'm getting really sick of having to type in $3.50.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i agree...although i do think that it is very hard to play your "A" game when you are running like crap. You just have alot more confidence in general about your play, which is always a good thing. But for sure, dwelling on all in EV and bad beats etc doesn't help anything.

Try, when you get all-in, or whatever, hit the reload chips button, and don't look at the actual outcome of the hand. Then, only look at that table when it pops up for the next hand.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually do that lol (cept for the reload part, which is probably a good idea). I can never watch all ins on pokerstars cash games, since they don't show the cards until the showdown.

But yea, it isn't that big of a deal and I'm still winning, but idk one part of me just thinks i'll never manage to run good again. I haven't played anywhere near as long as most of the people here so I really haven't been through the whole "breakeven stretch, run like God, run like Satan", rinse and repeat too often ;)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ran bad at 100nl this morning, ran like a God at 100nl this afternoon, moved up to 200nl and ran like a God the 500 hands I played there. I expect to stay at 200nl FR this time barring a major downswing. I have a ton more confidence than I had on previous 200nl shots and instead of thinking "oh crap I hope I don't lose a bunch" I realize I have an edge, there are still plenty of fish, and that I just need to play my A game. I'll post a graph once I get to an actual significant amount of hands or else continue to run like a God.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks:
Scottx25 with $10.00
BTN with $4.45
SB with $35.00
BB with $15.10
UTG with $4.00
UTG+1 with $12.25
MP1 with $28.05
MP2 with $20.70
MP3 with $22.00

hand.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: Pokerstars
Dealt to MP1:A♦ A♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
2 players fold.
Hero raises $0.75 to $1
3 players fold.
BTN calls [$1]
1 players fold.
BB calls [$0.75]
Total folds this street: 6
Potsize: $3.35
Flop: 3♦ A♣ 4♣
BB: checks Hero bets [$2.75]
1 players fold.
BB calls [$2.75]
Total folds this street: 1
Potsize: $8.85
Turn: 7♠
BB: checks Hero bets [$7]
BB calls [$7]
Potsize: $22.85
River: 5♠
BB bets [$0.25] Hero calls [$0.25]
Results:
BB shows a straight, Three to Seven: 6♣ 7♣
Hero shows three of a kind, Aces: A♦ A♥
BB collected $22.25 from pot

I just love vilians value bet.
Vilian is 52/10/1

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are no words for how bad i ****ing run at all-ins. no words at all. it's absolutely beyond description

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
there are no words for how bad i ****ing run at all-ins. no words at all. it's absolutely beyond description
If its any consolation...heres my morning so far on them...:)
Dealt to belladonna05 [As Ks]
belladonna05: raises 450 to 600
aq12: folds
JJTIII: raises 275 to 875 and is all-in
donrik327: folds
stefandahl82: folds
belladonna05: calls 275
*** FLOP *** [Td 2d Ah]
*** TURN *** [Td 2d Ah] [3d]
*** RIVER *** [Td 2d Ah 3d] [Qd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
belladonna05: shows [As Ks] (a pair of Aces)
JJTIII: shows [Js Ad] (a flush, Ace high)
then the crap de jour short stacked same game....
*** FLOP *** [5s Jh 6d]
*** TURN *** [5s Jh 6d] [9d]
*** RIVER *** [5s Jh 6d 9d] [9s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
belladonna05: shows [Th 8d] (a pair of Nines)
aq12: shows [7h 8s] (a straight, Five to Nine)
aq12 collected 250 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 250 | Rake 0
Board [5s Jh 6d 9d 9s]
Seat 2: donrik327 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: stefandahl82 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: belladonna05 (small blind) showed [Th 8d] and lost with a pair of Nines
Seat 7: aq12 (big blind) showed [7h 8s] and won (250) with a straight, Five to Nine
Thats only game...down 3 so far ...the other 3 were just as brutal...:(

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo, honestly, if you stop looking at EV graphs and winnings for every session, you'll stop thinking about the "swings" that basically every single person in this thread talks about, and you'll just play your A-game all the time. When you think about the size of your swings, even between sessions, you don't do yourself any good.

Vanq - I'm sorry mate but thats what ppl do. It's impossible to play your A-game, every session, you should know that. Ppl are results orientated no matter how hard they try not to be. I agree in a perfect world, we would all do what Chuck set out to do a couple of months ago and not look at individual sessions to see how were running or whatever.

The very aspect of poker makes it an emotional game. This is after all a LC thread and ppl will post stuff like I've been posting. It's a method of venting and justification.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOW

HOW CAN THE 2 OUTER AND 3 OUTER JUST HIT ON THE RIVER EVERYS INGLE ***GINNIG NING TIME? OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER

THSI SI NOT ****ING REAL

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just don't know how i can get in as a monster favorite over and over and over again and lose in extraordinarily new and fun ways each time. i'm pretty close to quitting poker