Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gymbo044

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While passing through a post on BR management or rather building a BR with only six bones it was noted that a viable way to start a BR is to accumulate many play chips and selling them for real money to people who will pay for them?

This confused me. People will pay real money for play money where/why and how?

I want in on somma this cut.

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people do pay money for play chips but not very much. Anyone whos willing to pay a significant amount for play chips is an idiot.

Most your likely to get is probably 5 dollars for a million play chips or maybe more.

G

Gymbo044

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That seems crazy! How do you approach someone about something like that...? Ha.. Ha.. Ha.. Muahahahaha!

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well dont think dats true.nobody i such a fool

actually its very true

i cant remember how much per mil it is but its def a decent way to get a bankroll going

you can google it and look for some sites, a few people here have done it and its legit

Rememberthis1

Rememberthis1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5-10 per million chips. I've seen people with over 100 million play chips, why not sell that?

M

MistahSaechao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
foolish. but hey if this really works im going to start playing play money:icon_rr:

mjdavinci

mjdavinci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a web site called www.starchips.com were you can buy and sell chips if you have PS account. I have not done this as of yet waiting till I might need the money for the bankroll.They offer $10.00 per million chips.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pc

Playing for playchips is a total waste of time in my opinion,yr better off playing freerolls even if you are a beginner.

B

beerandpie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are Play Chips used for anything other than playing at play-money tables? (also, first post :D )

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are Play Chips used for anything other than playing at play-money tables? (also, first post :D )

Welcome! You'll find around some posts here and there that talk about this a bit but on FullTilt, there's a 500,000 playmoney tourney that pays out cash to the top players. It's not a lot of money but still, I think FT is the only poker room that does this. The field is usually small from what I've seen (something like 30+ players), so if you have enough chips and play solid poker, you should be able to cash.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i noticed on ebay the other day a guy was selling 5 million play chips ....it said after winning the auction, he would meet you at a play money ring game where he would dump them to you. Had like a day or so left and was up to 40 sum odd dollars.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's how I started. I've never deposited.

G

Gymbo044

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On my way to my first mill play money!

S

sarcasmic1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Evidently there's a lot of people willing to pay up to $30 for a million chips. I saw someone talking about it at a table and did a search and found about a dozen sites that sell play chips. I would love to sell some of mine but none of them are taking new sellers at this time.

The average cost to buy from those sites is $16 I think.

I earned mine the old fashioned way but not everyone is that patient lol.:D

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol............. i dont know of anyone.......... and i dont see why they would pay for play chips.............

S

Santacross

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you can sell them on E-bay. Some people just like to know that they have the most play chips in the world i guess. But yeah i stumbled across 3-5 dollars per million

untouchable0001

untouchable0001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playmoney

if this is true im all over it ill start for ten mill. and tell ya all what i got for them this crazy but if it works it works:D

Z

ZzRick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya I've say the 500k chips tourney on tilt for 40$ but what are the play chips on Stars for?

P

PokerPlayer06

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see this all the time in FTP. There are people there who literally have 100m play chips or more. Just make sure not to get scammed on it. Sometimes the people ask for the money first. People will literally pay 20 dollars or more for about 20m play chips.

H

hacklimit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you can sell them on E-bay. Some people just like to know that they have the most play chips in the world i guess. But yeah i stumbled across 3-5 dollars per million

Ebay doesn't allow you to sell play chips, although a few auctions are left up from time to time. Ebay cancels the remainder. I don't understand why.

B

BC7Falcons7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playchips

If your serious about making $$$ on poker then playchips are a complete waste of time. I havent even thought of play chips for years. Just play alot of freerolls or make a small deposit if you are that cheap!

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree strongly.

Playchips > Freerolls on stars. PERIOD. The time it takes me to make 1 million play chips is small compared to the time it would take for me to make $10 in freerolls.

And there is an odd satisfaction I have from multiplying my playmoney sale over TWENTY times. I imagine as I hit 1k, 5k and upwards it only gets better. When I buy a car from a cashout of some of the money started with my playimoney sale you can go on a ride with me!

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
this is the craziest thing i heard of wat do they do with all this play money, imagine they a multi million dolllar man or woman in a play world?o_O

E

ElTrain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Believe it or not, on the iphone play money live poker App they sell chips for the following amounts:

300K - 49.99, 100k - 19.99, 40k - 9.99.

And people actually pay for it. Nuts. I wracked up a million on a friends phone in one afternoon. Started with 1000 for free.

Nevig

Nevig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Defiantly a good reason to play with play money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Chips - History of Chips