sell everything to invest in poker?

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a very bad idea, throw it, poker is a big bingo, you can certainly win, but there is more chance that you will lose the most after the next win, and then you will greatly regret.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Selling everything for poker is a good way to be homeless :eek:

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely agree with most in this thread that selling anything to "invest" in poker is not just ill-advised, but might be a sign of a very unhealthy mindset.
Never put your principle at risk unless you have a strong assurance of a decent return.
The best poker players in the world still face probabilistic anomalies that can wipe them out pretty darn fast.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to come up with a better game plan.

T

tovar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if someone sold something, he will not tell :)

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Selling off stuff to play poker sounds more like a problem than a choice. The way I figure is if you're not good enough to make money at freerolls, you're probably not going to be much better playing for real money anyway. Get good at the cheap stuff first is my advice and build from there.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it gets to that stage its time you quit playing.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offence, but I don't think you're playing with a full deck.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never do like this.I invest poker something what is not a pity for me to loose it.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is not wise to sell everything. Why to destroy something you made? You can play poker and live your life!

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think you have it backwards, you are supposed to play poker and buy stuff, not sell stuff to play poker.
+1 quality post

but....I wondered if I could sell my ex to play poker; that would have been a win-win:D

HaKaPu

HaKaPu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's very ugly, poker needs to be fun and everyone needs to play with excess money from the house budget.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what? thats not play poker, its a disease, if someone do that, cant play poker.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The minute you have to sell something to play poker , you know you hooked on the game. It's best to try play freerolls to build your bankroll again. You could also put in some extra cash if you have it. Never sell anything.

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never thought about it. I think - this is a good idea if you can make this well. At least two times to multiply the value of the things, in store for the price of course

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell me if you've already sold anything to invest in poker
I sold my plasma once to have money to play a poker tournament lol. Not my plasma tv either ha ha. That's how much I love poker ;) Take care, and have a good evening :cool:

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to just play and build the bankroll from small. That way you must earn your way up to the bigger games. Start to play the freerolls and the small cash games and soon enough you will have a few hundred in bankroll. No need to sell things. Good luck!

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell me if you've already sold anything to invest in poker
I think it's a bad idea, I would not sell any valuable items to play poker ... I prefer to play for free little by little make my bankroll and climb big ..... Luck

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this thought is wrong, it does not do well for you, poker is something for the long term, and not immediate, to sell all things, not to be a winning player is yes a player addicted ..
A board that I give, prepare the freerolls, study, play micro tournaments, have a solid game, learn real poker, and step by step you will be heading for success, not just to make money, more than someone who is evolved in the game, understanding what makes playing the best ever ..
things like that to sell, and to bet here or there, this only leaves the image of poker badly seen by people who still have prejudice with the game ... we need to change that!

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sell everything to invest in poker?

That is almost the same as spending your whole bankroll on a single tournament buy-in. It'd be an example of a really bad decision affecting your whole well-being. By the way, I can't see a reason why would anybody need to do such a crazy thing: if you are consistently profitable high stakes player then you should have enough money anyway; if you are loosing player then it wouldn't be an investment but a waste.

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you even thought about it - this is the first sign of a ludoman.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not in poker but I made a lot of bullshit a decade ago in another card game, type loses all my salary in a night of game but goddamn gambling for leisure.